2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To play devils advocate, would he get to the rim at will if he was playing on team with average spacing?
That’s called being a good GM and a good coach. Why is that a knock against Simmons

The team is set up perfectly with shooters and long defenders and a PG that can drive and pass Maybe if OKC modeled their team after that they would be better

This Sixers roster is better than anything Bron had till he joined Miami. It’s perfectly built for a player of Simmons caliber. You gotta retain all their shooters. They’re actually shot makers, compared to your average shooter.

That’s called being a good GM and a good coach. Why is that a knock against Simmons

The team is set up perfectly with shooters and long defenders and a PG that can drive and pass

No knock on Simmons, the GM or the coach.

The sixers probably gonna run **** for awhile I’m just saying that his getting to the the rim at will maybe is a little overstated. He passing is top notch tho.

To play devils advocate, would he get to the rim at will if he was playing on team with average spacing?
If I say yes, how could i prove it

Y'all clearly have a bias against him in terms of his style of play. It's been this way all year and every time he does something y'all say he can't do y'all raise the bar or twist the goal post
Not a system player, but if I had 3-4 deadly shooters on the perimeter at all times, me and you would get to the rim at will too. You can’t even hedge off the shooters, he has a clear lane because of his size and speed.
So if it's this easy of a formula why don't all teams do this

Just waking up and reading more of these takes. My prayer is to be able to do as much stupid ish as Russell does consistently but also be praised for it because I have to. There's 0 reason to have a team built for the playoffs yet shoot 40 times in consecutive games. None.
I don’t even mess with Russ but when PG is playing shook and Melo is just trash... he didn’t really have any other option. I look at it as him just trying to will his team to victory.

The team is set up perfectly with shooters and long defenders and a PG that can drive and pass Maybe if OKC modeled their team after that they would be better
This Sixers roster is better than anything Bron had till he joined Miami. It’s perfectly built for a player of Simmons caliber. You gotta retain all their shooters. They’re actually shot makers, compared to your average shooter.

yup. and it shouldnt be a knock against simmons and his greatness. it should just be acknowledged. cuz people acting like simmons is clear and away the better player and he gets more assists yadda yadda. but... its a lot easier to get assists when you pass to an allstar and 3 snipers at any given moment.... compared to passing to a defensive juggernaut and a guard who most believe doesnt belong in the league and has never averaged more than 11ppg (until now when mitch shows up... hmmm)

grasping for straws. mitchell switched gears later in the season and started dominating. not only that, but i said what i said. if gobert is playing great, but mitchell averages 4ppg... do they win? can gobert create for himself? how good is rubio at creating for gobert? defenses open up cuz they have to respect mitchell. nobody is opening up to defend gobert. now shhh
Ok

Both them dudes are really great and are different players / different skill sets. Mitchell just put up all time great numbers in a playoff series . Don't see the need to have to choose between which one you like better and hate on the other.
I don't even care for Ben Simmons but dude is great even without a shot.

So if it's this easy of a formula why don't all teams do this

Ilyasova, Bellinelli, and Reddick CHOSE to go to Philly. Remeber when the Sixers offered that same contract to Crawford and Manu? Yea if that happened we wouldn't be having this convo right now.

What other team has these type of role player shooters? Maybe the Jazz? Rockets?

Lost in all this OKC slander... don’t forget Kelly Oubre was talking before the game about not wanting to go to war with him and coming back from the dead and killing people... and then went 1-7 and scored 3 points in 26 minutes. :rofl:

I'd be shocked if ad doesn't eat all series long against the warriors bigs. Is it confirmed curry is out game one. Haven't seen anything.

Ilyasova, Bellinelli, and Reddick CHOSE to go to Philly. Remeber when the Sixers offered that same contract to Crawford and Manu? Yea if that happened we wouldn't be having this convo right now.

What other team has these type of role player shooters? Maybe the Jazz? Rockets?
The dynamic cuts both ways

Sova and Marco were after thoughts before this season, they are directly benefiting off Simmons. Simmons should get a part of the bag he got for covington as well

Simmons is a reason why they get open shots too as he sucks defenses in and makes them collapse off the shooters

Look at Cleveland, smith, Korver love and hood. If it's such an easy formula lebron of all people should have the team looking like the warriors. Yet here we are

This Simmons Mitchell ROY debate sorta similar to the Lebron Melo one back in 04
Not really, this one is close, you can honestly say either one and it's all good.
The 03-04 contest should have had an obvious winner.
One of those players made the playoffs. One of those players didn't.
One of those players played all 82. One of those players didn't.
One of those players improved his teams win count by over 20. One of those players didn't.
They gave it to the one who didn't.

TBF to Simmons, he was ballin' before Bellinelli and Saric touched down in Philly. Wouldn't say he's going to be a great shooter in a few yrs tho, based on FT%, Midrange % and of course 3pt% this yr

Giannas a 30% shooter from outside after trying all these years so maybe Simmons can get where he is in a few yrs

Gordon Hayward in a walking boot could’ve done better than 2-16 with 6 turnovers. Don’t disrespect WGH with that comparison anymore.

Darker Otto Porter had so many fans, and a nickname, after game 1 :rofl:

Anybody could’ve gotten those players. Nobody wanted to sign ilyasova in the off season so he signed a 1 year 5 mill deal you the hawks. That’s pennies. Belinelli could’ve easily been traded for. Nobody wanted those 2. Let’s not act like they are the cream of the crop. The system just fits then great. Covington was an undrafted player, saric is a euro who spent 2 years over seas and worked to get his shooting this good. Reddick is the only player who was sought after.

There are many more belinellis and ilyasovas out there sitting on the bench, but that takes scouting to find them and a good coach to put them in the right situation.

trash *** *****.png

yall really underestimate the value of getting teammates involved early when you run the offense. if you're a PG, its smarter to get your team going first, THEN you get going. Russ is a me-first player. much like lebron.

Wait, don't ya'll kill Bron for trying to get everyone involved early in games?

LEBRON WHAT'RE YOU DOING?? DO IT YOURSELF!!! NO KILLER INSTINCT!!!

Cleveland also doesn't have arguably a top 2 center in the league. The Sixers roster is literally perfectly bit for todays NBA.
Joel missed 25% of the season and they won 1 of the 2 games he missed in the first round

Joel is definitely the best big or 2nd best big in the league, no denying that. I also believe simmons would look mostly the same without embiid. But if you're gonna play that card we should just stop here

I point out a team with multiple shooters that looks subpar and you counter with well he has embiid, lol, breh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom