2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this raptors team is different. Lowry and derozen are both healthy...and they’re built now to withstand a “playoff Lowry” game from him. Plus, they can get STOPS and score with the Cavs.

Raptors in 6. Let’s finally put you know who out his misery.

I think this raptors team is different. Lowry and derozen are both healthy...and they’re built now to withstand a “playoff Lowry” game from him. Plus, they can get STOPS and score with the Cavs.

That's why I was saying before that it's lazy and shows you don't watch ANY Raptors games when all the media and even people in here bring up is "Derozan and Lowry choke in the Playoffs". None of the Raptors bench is ever mentioned. The Wizards series was a clear example of the Raptors being hard to beat when they're playing the style of basketball they have been playing all season. In Game 4...they lost because Derozan went Westbook mode (like he's done in the past when the team had far less depth). He still finished with 35 that game but on a terrible shooting percentage.

That's also a solid point wavycrocket wavycrocket . Lowry has been injured in both of the series against Cleveland in the past and they utilized him differently the entire season in those years. The entire reason they said "we have to change our style of play" is because they can't beat anyone with Derozan and Lowry just playing iso heavy and jacking up a million shots. The only iso heavy teams who are still in the Playoffs now are the Rockets and Cavs.

Lebron has been having to carry this team all year. He's played 82 games and a TON of minutes, then to have a 7 game series against the Pacers where he had to put up damn near 40 points a game just to win by 2-4 points in each win. In his post game interview...he said, "I'm burnt man...I'm so tired that I don't even want to think about Toronto right now. I just want to go home".

My prediction is Raptors in 6 and I'm not here bragging or talking smack to anyone. I just am going to sit back and see what happens. If the Raptors play iso hero ball and choke or Lebron single handedly beats them...then I'll be the first to say the Raptors need to blow it up and its done for them, but I think the same respect should be given if the Raptors knock off Lebron. At this point...it's just disrespect due to the past which isn't fair or warranted because every single team in the East has come up short other than Lebron driven teams. A whole bunch of people in here have already said "I don't think the Cavs can get by the Sixers". So Cavs just walk through the Raptors huh? I'm just saying now that I want those same people to comment if the Cavs lose the series without excuse the same way I will if the Raptors get slapped. The Sixers are scary as hell, yes, but they're also young and inexperienced. You can't tell me that Miami series truly proved anything because Miami is garbage...

I think this is the first Raptors team that can withstand some BS games from Lowry because of the play from Van Vleet, Delon Wright and the rest of their bench.

Why are the only points against the Raptors now though, "Derozan and Lowry choke" and "They struggled against the Wizards". I've seen that one so many times about struggling with the Wizards when we all know that the Wizards wouldn't be an 8 seed if John Wall was healthy all year. The Wizards legit only deserved to win Game 3 and like I said...you didn't watch the series at all if you say otherwise. If it finished 4-1...the criticism would be..."A 1 seed can't sweep a 8 seed? Are you serious?" It's just always something to hate on the Raptors.

I picked Cleveland because Toronto doesn't have a superstar level player and LeBron is the best player in the series. It might be reductionist but it's been true in the past.

Also the Raptors have a great bench but LeBron has the refs on his side. I'm not joking at all. When the games get tight the refs will be coming in to keep Bron in it. And it takes huge fortitude from the other team to battle through that. I'm not sure the Toronto guys have that strength in them.

I mean, we say this **** every year and every year Derozan and Lowry do the same damn thing. I get that the Cavs got worse this year by losing Kyrie, but I dont see them going from sweeping the raptors last year to losing this series.

Benches are great, but when the game is close in the fourth your bench isnt going to be out there. Also, who is guarding bron, Anunoby?

I mean, we say this **** every year and every year Derozan and Lowry do the same damn thing. I get that the Cavs got worse this year by losing Kyrie, but I dont see them going from sweeping the raptors last year to losing this series.

This post shows FULLY though what the entire bias has been though. You do realize that you're referring to the Raptors team like there was ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE to the roster and they play the exact same way. That's what you're saying.

This post shows FULLY though what the entire bias has been though. You do realize that you're referring to the Raptors team like there was ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE to the roster and they play the exact same way. That's what you're saying.

This team is anchored by the same core as last year in Jonas, Derozan, Lowry, and Ibaka. Yeah they added some depth, but in the playoffs when your starters are playing 40 minutes, who gives a ****.

Tell yourself whatever you have to tell yourself, Raptors arent winning this ******* series.

Cavs are way better then the wiz even with a healthy wall. If raptors were real that series would've been over in four or 5 minimum.

I'll have your quote ready after this series. We'll see brother.

NONE of the Raptors have played over 40 minutes in any game that entire series :lol:. You don't watch the games. Just admit that and keep it moving. You only have watched the Raptors when they played the Cavs in previous Playoffs. Let's see what happens.

This team is anchored by the same core as last year in Jonas, Derozan, Lowry, and Ibaka. Yeah they added some depth, but in the playoffs when your starters are playing 40 minutes, who gives a ****.

Tell yourself whatever you have to tell yourself, Raptors arent winning this ****ing series.

Man I usually would think the same thing but the Cavs are so ******* bad right now other than LeBron and one other player basically per game that I really can’t see them beating this much deeper Raptors team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom