2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say that the Miami series proved something. Miami played them extremely physical. They took game 2 in Philly. Game 3 was in an extremely hostile environment. They were down in game 3 and were able to come back. I think that proves that they can handle the physical play of the playoffs. No that does not mean we can just crown them champions although I do believe this team is going to the NBA Finals. However, it does prove they can handle the physical play of the playoffs which is huge for a young team. Let me also add they do have 2 guys which Finals experience and 1 who has a ring. Plus Amir has played in a lot of playoff games. Illyasova also has experience. I think we can all agree Ben does not play like a rookie with no playoff experience. This team just has everything. Arguably the best big in the league, elite point guard who happens to be damn near 7 feet tall, great shooting, a top 5 defense, great coaching and the best rebounding team in the league. That lineup Brett has used with Simmons, Redick, Marco, Dario and Illyasova has been so good.

What I found surprising about the series is the composure of Ben Simmons. I'd say he handled it better than Embiid even though I loved Embiid playing the Charles Oakley role from time to time.

They are coming in with the right mentality and I'd say coach has a lot to do with it.

67EAF26B-2335-4DCD-AED1-06440B78CDBC.png
I was under the assumption that Alfred couldn’t guard Benjamin

People keep talking about the Sixers youth when in reality the only three young players in their rotation are two top 20 players in the league and Dario who played pro ball overseas and in the Olympics/FIBA for years. All three of them are mentally tough as hell.

Who's the third top 20 player in their lineup?

Masai has to restart if Toronto doesn’t advance.

Players 3-12 on Cleveland’s roster wouldnt be in Toronto’s rotation, and Cleve’s 2nd best player is injured.

If it doesn’t happen now, the team is worthless.

man if Kyrie didnt need surgery, Celtics would almost be a lock for a Finals appearance

Toronto is a better version of Indiana pretty much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom