2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the match ups happened earlier in the season when Ben was passive, TLC and Bayless were playing extended minutes. Anything that happened then should be taken w a grain of salt

He said 2 top 20 lol

Oh top 2 + Dario. Missed that.

ALL U FOOLS BEEN SAYING THE SAME **** FOR 7 YEARS BRO. SIT UR *** DOWN

nah cuz he was on the heat which was my team less than 7 years ago. but not only that.... hes lost plenty of times in that stretch. and it feels brand new every time

giphy.gif

Without those guys Celtics are still basically a better Miami. They have ultra good depth on the roster. That combined with Sixers' youth is the reason I think it can be a long series.

Yeah I didn't realize Jaylen was out, that's tough.
OH yes, Boston is definitely more talented even with out Kyrie and Hayward. I do think Miami is a much more physical grimey team. We know Stevens can coach but Spo is also an elite coach. I've said it on my podcast before I'm not the biggest person when discounting youth. I love young players. Plus Ben, Embiid and Dario don't play like typical young players. Plus 4 rotation guys do have experience. 2 guys have played in the Finals with 1 winning a championship.

What I found surprising about the series is the composure of Ben Simmons. I'd say he handled it better than Embiid even though I loved Embiid playing the Charles Oakley role from time to time.

They are coming in with the right mentality and I'd say coach has a lot to do with it.

Definitely. That's exactly why I say Ben does not play like a rookie with no playoff experience. So many times James Johnson tried to get under his skin and each time Ben kept his cool. Also he's making about 75% of his foul shots. The moment is not too big for him. Joel is going to be fine, I definitely think the mask is frustrating him physically and mentally right now. But as the games go on he will get better and better.

Smart is a way better shooter than those guys. He’s trash shooter regardless but you gotta guard him out here.

He’s no Ben’s Simmons
You're correct that Smart is a better shooter than those guys and he's not a great shooter at the same time. However, what I love about Smart is he hit's big 3's. While his percentage is ***, he will make the big 3 when the Celtics need it.

I’m pretty neutral on Lebron but I found my self rooting against him this series

I don’t like harden tho

Ready for this Celtics game later. Interested in this series, will tell a lot about both teams

Let me try this one of for size.

-He teammates was trash.
-Opposing benches were better than the non-Jordan starters.
-Played against the greatest team of all time in the 80's celtics
-Woulda won if series were 7 games instead of 5
-Head coach was garbage
-Averaged damn near triple double
-Delonte West slept with his mother
-If the bulls didnt have injuries they woulda won
-They werent the favorite in those series
-Woulda won with Birds supporting cast
-Won not one, not two, not three, but six titles
-he makes his teammates better, just had garbage HOF teammates

I Haven't felt this Bad about the Eastern Conference Chances in the Finals since The Nets Vs Lakers... Just Fast Forward to Hou vs GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom