2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
see I love the game too.

Something have always annoyed me. Like star calls. which is why I say the entertainment aspect comes before the sport to the nba. Its a business so i understand .
I know stars gave always gotten calls , but just cause things have always been a certain way doesn't make it right. I care bout the competition of the sport and integrity of it more then the entertainment . The world isn't perfect tho.. I understand.
Exactly, I have just learned to accept it the way it is, even though it's sucks. I'm a huge fan of the 3 point shot and I love that the game has gone that direction. However, I hate when young players go immediately to the 3 point line when they start shooting. You can not develop your form that way.

What ever happened to these? They were so popular last year.

A1E2D5DC-4035-4B4D-96CC-08A7778913B5.jpeg

Seems like media is doing everything they can to protect James’ greatness. Complete different angle from 4 years ago.

Cavs gonna be playing 8 on 5 against the Raptors

I admit that Raptors fans are one of the biggest to say that there's an "agenda against the Raptors" and that the majority of calls will go the other way when all is said and done. I try to be neutral and like someone else just said...assume the officiating is fair and unbiased, but you also can't slaughter any fanbase or call people fake fans if they complain about officiating. It's just a part of the game because officiating is a part of the game. Yes, calls will be blown and sometimes very questionable calls will be made but that doesn't automatically mean the league is "rigged". You hear that a ton that there's an agenda to get rid of certain teams and the use of TV ratings and stuff is used to explain why certain teams get worse calls (this is hypothetical...not my own complaint). Raptors fans also complain about coverage on networks like ESPN, TNT, ABC etc. There's truth that the major networks never usually cover the Raptors games at all unless it's because it's the Cavs or someone like that they're playing (but that happens to most smaller market teams). Toronto isn't a small market at all though but it's a CANADIAN market so the rating system and overall viewing numbers are probably quite low in the States.

That's why I was saying before. Those who come in and all you can write is "Raptors choke in the Playoffs every year" or "Derozan and Lowry suck and are not superstars" just makes it clear that you never watch Raptors games. Yes. Derozan and Lowry are considered the Raptors "stars" but in arguments, most people bring up weak points and just bash those two. They don't even know who the other players on the team are whatsoever. I'm not saying they haven't been disappointing but the narrative is always the same. That's all the US networks barrage you with is those same stories. If the standard is being knocked out in the Playoffs by the better team...then a $hitload of teams would be "chokers". If you're a true fan...you should know mostly all players on all teams because your team has seen them before in the season and you should know how teams play and the players they have to utilize.

all i know is they need to call the game as it is like dude said above. letting westbrook take 6 steps before dribbling cant happen. and the slanted/phantom calls like the ridiculous travel call on oladipo when he did the pro hop off the dribble cant happen. ESPECIALLY in close games. they need to change the review rules imo. if you're going to review, review to get it right. its dumb that they review and see they got the wrong call but can only focus on something else like who hit it out of bounds WHILE getting kicked in the nuts. stuff like that.

but the slanted calls are the absolute worst. like how they suddenly overrule jump balls if a foul occurs after the jump ball is called. SINCE. WHEN. eghhhhh refs get me so frustrated with all the stuff they pull

Raptor fans are doing the whole rodney dangerfield bit.

Don't think that's the case whatsoever. As an outsider looking in, it's always easy to throw shade and say "earn the respect", but it's the fact that there's respect put on a lot of other teams that flat out don't deserve it too. ESPN had the Raptors finishing between 6-8 in the East this season. SI had Demar Derozan ranked 37 in the top 100 players currently in the NBA, with players like Jae Crowder even being ranked as better LMFAO. It's fair that the fanbase has a chip on their shoulder and feel like outsiders because they're the only Canadian franchise. With teams like the Bucks, Wizards and even the Charlotte Hornets finishing above them. I called out the "choker" narrative and said that Bucks or Wizards should have that title, but yet someone replied saying "Giannis is 23". So I guess you get a full pass for being young but also basically getting knocked out the exact same way by a Celtics team that even the Celtics fans were dissing the Bucks fans like, "you got beat by our bench" which is literally what happened. Wizards are NEVER called chokers but they have never made it out of the second round with three max players in Wall, Beal and Porter. I guess the only way the choking narrative will end is to win obviously. They have never been able to get by Lebron so clearly that's a big factor too. It's just funny though because even if the Raptors win this series...the narrative will be, "they could only beat Lebron when he had the weakest team he's ever had".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom