2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah but that’s every sport as far as superstars getting preferential treatment. Also sometimes referees just make mistakes. I was mainly referring to the clowns that post **** like “The fix is in” every game in here.

Yeah everyone saying the fix is in every game has gotten tired to me too. The refs in the league just suck in general.

Lol dude proving my point even more you are comical
This point?: "It’s a lot easier to score now and way too many 3s put up chicks dig the long ball w/e 90s era had a lot more giants and way better defense cats actually took pride in locking cats up now cats blow by easily off the dribble with a layup or dunk"

Okay buddy round of applause. What in the world are you talking about

I see a lot of talk about refs, while absolutely Donahue or whatever the hell his name was went to jail. I still think for the most part the games are fair. They absolutely miss calls. I think a big problem right now with the refs is you have a lot of new refs and they do not have a rapport with the players and you see that with some of these horrible tech calls that have been made this season. Unfortunately I've had the opportunity to ref youth games and it's hard as hell. I can only imagine what it's like being a ref in an NBA game. It's human nature to miss calls. But yes the superstars definitely get the treatment, but that's to be expected.

I see a lot of talk about refs, while absolutely Donahue or whatever the hell his name was went to jail. I still think for the most part the games are fair. They absolutely miss calls. I think a big problem right now with the refs is you have a lot of new refs and they do not have a rapport with the players and you see that with some of these horrible tech calls that have been made this season. Unfortunately I've had the opportunity to ref youth games and it's hard as hell. I can only imagine what it's like being a ref in an NBA game. It's human nature to miss calls. But yes the superstars definitely get the treatment, but that's to be expected.
that play where Rubio was pushed down by Westbrook where the ref was standing right next to him , missing 8 second violations don't know if I can call them just missed calls. . Maybe adding another ref would help.
i believe refs have agendas sometimes , despite the missed calls /human error part of the equation.
There's some games where they are so bad I've emailed the nba and written complaints about issues

that play where Rubio was pushed down by Westbrook where the ref was standing right next to him , missing 8 second violations don't know if I can call them just missed calls. . Maybe adding another ref would help.
i believe refs have agendas sometimes , despite the missed calls /human error part of the equation.
There's some games where they are so bad I've emailed the nba and written complaints about issues
That's definitely fair and I can agree for the most part. But remember, the superstars like Russ will get the benefit of the doubt 9 times out of 10. I'm with you the officiating has been very piss poor the last few years. I'm a Bulls fan but not a die hard Bulls fan. For the most part I just love the game and players so I don't really have a dog in the fight. That might be why I'm a little more lenient with the refs.

The star thing is just pure BS to me. I don't know how people can accept that like they do. Why not just call the game straight up? I don't care if X player fouls out, what I want to see is basketball played the right way.

I love harden, did a complete 180 on him honestly, but just like every year Niketalk are prisoners of the moment.

The Rockets may be the sexy pick, but no ones beating the Warriors.

The star thing is just pure BS to me. I don't know how people can accept that like they do. Why not just call the game straight up? I don't care if X player fouls out, what I want to see is basketball played the right way.
That's a great and valid point. But the NBA is a business and it relies on it's stars. My problem with the special treatment for great players is, what is it teaching young players? It's teaching them they can take an extra step or 3. It's teaching them they can use their hands on defense and not move their feet. That's my biggest problem with the refs not holding the stars accountable.

That's definitely fair and I can agree for the most part. But remember, the superstars like Russ will get the benefit of the doubt 9 times out of 10. I'm with you the officiating has been very piss poor the last few years. I'm a Bulls fan but not a die hard Bulls fan. For the most part I just love the game and players so I don't really have a dog in the fight. That might be why I'm a little more lenient with the refs.
see I love the game too.

Something have always annoyed me. Like star calls. which is why I say the entertainment aspect comes before the sport to the nba. Its a business so i understand .
I know stars gave always gotten calls , but just cause things have always been a certain way doesn't make it right. I care bout the competition of the sport and integrity of it more then the entertainment . The world isn't perfect tho.. I understand.

Dirk won his championship with the least help in recent years.

The Mavs were also the underdog in every series. Meanwhile the Rockets were not only at one point favored to win it all, they are favored to win literally every game in the first 2 rounds.

right . This a huge problem I've had over the years. Even when it has benefited my favorite team it feels cheap.

Harden isnt winning a championship. I love CP3 but hes not a championship caliber player, neither is Harden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom