2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would’ve ended with 40+? Based on what? :lol: Are you saying the “physical” defense prevented him from being in a “rhythm” even though they still gave him points at the line, resulting in 32 points on 22 shots which are basically identical to his career high averages from this season?
Again you using "they gave him points at the line". How many free throws did exum give him, that's what the discussion is on

Exum didn't give him many open looks, that's what I'm basing it off, I thought he did a solid job defending him every time they were matched

I'm saying 9-22 isn't being in rhythm, especially from deep. The fact that he got to the line a lot wasnt just exums "fault" and that doesn't mean he was in a rhythm. If he was in a rhythm he would have shot a better fg percentage and thus gotten 40+

I never understood the overwhelming support for Meek Mill either.

Did he do something special or substantial to warrant this kind of attention, outside of being sent to jail and then out free? Why would Robert Kraft go visit him in prison? Someone please explain this to me.

I asked a similar question in the political thread and got some good feedback.

I'm going to pose this question in this thread because I feel I'll get better dialogue here than in the other threads it's being discussed in:

Does anyone else find it rather peculiar that multiple prominent conservative white males publicly lobbied for Meek Mill on a stance of "criminal justice reform?"

Robert Kraft and Joshua Harris are literally two of Trump's cronies. Harris was an advisor to him. How exactly did Meek Mill become the catalyst for these men to lobby on his behalf, on a stance that would seem to be such a stark departure from the perspective of their political affiliates?

Either this is some monumental step towards progress...or there's something else I'm not seeing with this entire saga.

What am I missing here? At the very least...can you admit that on the surface it seems a bit odd?

A lot of wealthy, white, conservatives do have libertarian tendencies here and there. If you're black and famous, you become the human face of mass incarceration. People like Kraft will be sympathetic to you in that case.

The main problem with Libertarianism and race and social class is that they refuse to believe that external forces, such as History and current public policy, can affect outcomes for entire groups. If you accept that reality, you have to concede the entire premise of Libertarianism, or at least the premise of Objectivism.

^^^That

Meek is treated with a higher level of decency because he is a famous affluent black man, it is easy for affluent whites to indulge the libertarian tendencies when it is so easy. Meek got organic support to be released from prison, not only after the info about the cops came out it was easy for any affluent white person to be like "wow, he is getting a raw deal".

You will know when some has turned the corner on the issue of reforming when they:

-Want to ban private prisons to take away the profit motive for mass incarceration

-Supporting sentencing reform so non-violent crime doesn't send dudes to update to do a long time

-Cap fees we charge prisons and their families for them to say in touch and support the prison in jail

-Support probation reform so any little bump in the road doesn't perpetually trap you in the system perpetually

-Support bail reform so even getting charged with a crime doesn't ruin you financially if you are poor

-Regulate municipal fines so police forces don't plunder poor, often black communities, to fund the department and cities

-Reform the civil forfeiture system so once again police can't plunder communities

-Rolls back "super-predator" juvenile laws at condemning children to a lifetime in the system

-Are cool with the taxes increases to fund more public defenders, so more people can get actual trials instead of being squeezed for peel deals.

-Supporting large-scale job programs that help ex-prisoners

I mean I could go on but there is no point, we all know about this stuff but the point is you will hardly find many affluent whites willingly to support such sweeping reforms because it would them actually be committed to justice and fairness for all black people, even the poor ones. Like MLK said in that NBC interview I posted a while back, when it cost the white community nothing it is easier to get support for an issue, but when they have to give something, then they feel people are asking for too much.

Supporting Meek cost nothing. So they support away.

Shoutout to @Jumanji for just repping this. Forgot I predicted this :lol:. WavyDamus :pimp:

AB98995D-B85D-4CBA-93C1-F690A37A4EAD.png

How you holding up a-friend a-friend :nerd: :nerd:
Still plenty of NBA to be enjoyed.
OKC is where they belong.

I never understood the overwhelming support for Meek Mill either.

Did he do something special or substantial to warrant this kind of attention, outside of being sent to jail and then out free? Why would Robert Kraft go visit him in prison? Someone please explain this to me.
The circumstances behind the jail stint highlighted the flaws in the legal system. He’s more of representation of all the minorities who got slanted sentences, or still on papers for minor offenses, some of which stem from arrests made by a crooked cop, like in Meek’s case. 3 other cases similar to his were thrown out, possibly 100 more. It’s bigger than Meek, always has been

Again you using "they gave him points at the line". How many free throws did exum give him, that's what the discussion is on

Exum didn't give him many open looks, that's what I'm basing it off, I thought he did a solid job defending him every time they were matched

I'm saying 9-22 isn't being in rhythm, especially from deep. The fact that he got to the line a lot wasnt just exums "fault" and that doesn't mean he was in a rhythm. If he was in a rhythm he would have shot a better fg percentage and thus gotten 40+
I’m using points given up because collectively that’s what determines the winner of the game :lol: not “rhythm” whatever the hell that even means.

Exum didn’t give up many open looks, which in and of itself does not mean he did a good job :lol:

Harden would’ve led the league in scoring and all volume scorers in points per shot if he scored 32 points on 22 shots. If Exum & Co defend him like that going forward they’ll need to shoot 15/32 from 3 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom