2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
They’re making the concords closer to the OG than the 2011. Think they’ll make these as close or closer than the 2000?

24B5E909-970F-439D-A69D-6996BF738A95.jpeg
8EDCE6CC-B3BE-4F7D-B1CB-5872E1DE77A8.jpeg
7C03D4EE-12D4-4BCC-9F09-2388E0AF749D.jpeg
42D7F8F7-F1DC-4143-BEDB-99477206BBBE.jpeg
F3FE4B8C-DF46-407F-A19F-131EAAC10899.jpeg

I finally found some concrete proof that the smooth heel isn’t due to age. It’s listed in the Catalog from 1991. It’s stated to be a molded ankle collar for more support. This was also present on the 5 Catalog describing the leather like ankle on those as well. History can get lost in translation, so it’s good finding concrete evidence of the past.
9F6AFFB8-D195-4526-869F-FFE722216F8A.jpeg
17F0A5F6-6F41-4A84-82C1-012650AAE27C.jpeg
F2E37AC5-127E-4A84-A149-9CDCC8A93489.jpeg

I suggested heat being applied to the material during the molding process makes it do that a few pages back. Im pretty sure I also posted that same picture.

The age excuse was never taken seriously, its ridiculous to think that age just affects that back heel piece alone and precisely that piece. Esp considering there are pictures available to dispel that idea.

One dude even suggested sitting in the box made it leathery like that. Like, no man, stop thinking so hard. Nike made it leathery. Its a deliberate design feature.

I suggested heat being applied to the material during the molding process makes it do that a few pages back. Im pretty sure I also posted that same picture.

The age excuse was never taken seriously, its ridiculous to think that age just affects that back heel piece alone and precisely that piece. Esp considering there are pictures available to dispel that idea.

One dude even suggested sitting in the box made it leathery like that. Like, no man, stop thinking so hard. Nike made it leathery. Its a deliberate design feature.
Two people including the senpai himself debated me for pages that age was the reason or that the 91 pair wasn’t like that originally :rofl:.

I would buy a beat up pair of Metallic 5s or durabuck shoes and try to heat those. I’m just not sure if they used heat. My black cat 3s look like that now because of rubbing against stuff. I’m not sure how they did it in 91.

friction = heat so were def orbiting the planet if its not heat

also, those japan 12s coming out might use the same process to get that design pressed into the suede

Ive been brainstorming a DIY job on my 5s since i got them

friction = heat so were def orbiting the planet if its not heat

also, those japan 12s coming out might use the same process to get that design pressed into the suede

Ive been brainstorming a DIY job on my 5s since i got them
I know it’s a stretch, but would emailing Nike help?

I finally found some concrete proof that the smooth heel isn’t due to age. It’s listed in the Catalog from 1991. It’s stated to be a molded ankle collar for more support. This was also present on the 5 Catalog describing the leather like ankle on those as well. History can get lost in translation, so it’s good finding concrete evidence of the past.

Lol, well I can admit that I was wrong but my initial reaction was that you first claimed it was leather.

Either ways I hope this retro is done right!

Lol, well I can admit that I was wrong but my initial reaction was that you first claimed it was leather.

Either ways I hope this retro is done right!
I claimed it was leathery or leather like. But alas, that’s neither here nor there.

Two people including the senpai himself debated me for pages that age was the reason or that the 91 pair wasn’t like that originally :rofl:.

I would buy a beat up pair of Metallic 5s or durabuck shoes and try to heat those. I’m just not sure if they used heat. My black cat 3s look like that now because of rubbing against stuff. I’m not sure how they did it in 91.

Actually I originally said at the near beginning of the thread it was a thin layer of durabuck. Also the photo that @firepower posted stated that the Mens pair was all man-made while the Youth was leather and man-made: https://niketalk.com/threads/2019-black-infrared-nike-air-jordan-6.673069/page-10#post-30160606

Man I just can’t stop looking at all these pictures.

I’m pretty hype about this release, and I haven’t felt this way about a Jordan in a long time

We just got some good pictures and good news on the December concords they’re looking solid. Let’s huddle up real quick n pray for these :nthat:

I agree 100%

I also hope we get pics, around mid-late August. I pray, we don't have to wait until the end of December, like we did for the pics of the Black Cement 3's, from earlier this year. August, or September is most likely when they'll start production, anyways.

I’m pretty sure the molded and contoured ankle collar is just the top section of the shoe where the “ankle bumps” are on the sides of the 5 and 6. I don’t think they’re referring to the lower ankle portion. I assume here you guys are debating what the material was on the lower section of the 6.

I’m pretty sure the molded and contoured ankle collar is just the top section of the shoe where the “ankle bumps” are on the sides of the 5 and 6. I don’t think they’re referring to the lower ankle portion. I assume here you guys are debating what the material was on the lower section of the 6.
It’s not. It’s molded to be “stiffer” than the rest of the shoe. That’s why the 1991 info paragraph mentioned molding for rear foot stability. Rear foot typically refers to the actual heel of the foot. The 6 is molded on the heel and ankle. That’s why the OG Infrareds look skiny on the back only

I don’t see how ankle bumps that are on the outside of the shoe add that. The 5 is molded on the piece of durabuck near the ankle. The 1990 card mentions the ankle. That’s why the OG Metallic only looks shiny on the ankle piece of durabuck
99329BFC-F637-4B52-876C-01A6BD0DD554.jpeg

4E871CF5-06B0-4F82-B203-ADC95C50C270.jpeg

Last edited:
The debate was about whether the OG was smooth/leathery when they came out of it happened due to aging.

Reactions: ARK

I worked with Nike for a short time and anytime they brought up a reinforced heel, it was in reference to some kind of technology that supported the heel to prevent rolling an ankle. Kind of like the white spot in these Bball Nikes below. Sometimes its built into the shoe and sometimes its not so obvious. Not sure if this same thing applies to VI's and V's from 90.

heel bump.jpg

It’s not. It’s molded to be “stiffer” than the rest of the shoe. That’s why the 1991 info paragraph mentioned molding for rear foot stability. Rear foot typically refers to the actual heel of the foot. The 6 is molded on the heel and ankle. That’s why the OG Infrareds look skiny on the back only

I don’t see how ankle bumps that are on the outside of the shoe add that. The 5 is molded on the piece of durabuck near the ankle. The 1990 card mentions the ankle. That’s why the OG Metallic only looks shiny on the ankle piece of durabuck
99329BFC-F637-4B52-876C-01A6BD0DD554.jpeg

4E871CF5-06B0-4F82-B203-ADC95C50C270.jpeg

Also, the V's heel isn't technically all "leathery." It's two piece and I've seen a lot of pics over the years where the top (ankle) part is 'leathery' but the bottom looks just like the material on the rest of the shoe. I'm not debating btw.. my answer is IDK and I have yet to see anything definite. The catalogue stuff (I've seen before) was a great find; its as close as we get to figuring it out but we're really just translating it to subjectively say what we think it means lol.

heel bump.jpg

heel.jpg
air-jordan-5-black-metallic-signed.jpg
kfj5ugkdqjiexa2rg33b.jpg
5040762580_f6f4b05245_b.jpg
black-metallic-silver-1999.jpg

Back
Top Bottom