2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
If they would have just made these as close to the OGs as they did the concords, none of this would be happening in here :lol:

But they did appear to do a solid job here. Almost making me reconsider my standing decision to skip 'em. I just know I won't wear them, basically. Not that something like that ever stops me but I'm trying to get better lately about what I buy in that regard. It's a small change, but small change is better than no change LOL.
Skip all 3s and 4s instead. They still need to fix everything about those. These deserve a spot in the back of your closet at least.

Skip all 3s and 4s instead. They still need to fix everything about those. These deserve a spot in the back of your closet at least.

I do and have skipped ALL 3s since 2003, and I sold those because of the problems I/we have with them. The 4s, they obviously have issues as well but I like my white/cements enough and the upcoming black/cements will be bought. The shape and proportions on 3s are way more important to me than they are on the 4s. I know others feel different, or they at least see those problems as equal. Totally get it. But 6s were never one of my faves and, like I said, I just won't wear them. Not because of any issues with this retro but because I don't like wearing all-black shoes anymore and I have so many others to wear when I have the chance to wear such shoes. That's why I'm skipping these. I had them back in the day when they were current. Good enough for me. If they do an equally solid white/infra or carmine retro anytime soon, I'll be in on those.

I do and have skipped ALL 3s since 2003, and I sold those because of the problems I/we have with them. The 4s, they obviously have issues as well but I like my white/cements enough and the upcoming black/cements will be bought. The shape and proportions on 3s are way more important to me than they are on the 4s. I know others feel different, or they at least see those problems as equal. Totally get it. But 6s were never one of my faves and, like I said, I just won't wear them. Not because of any issues with this retro but because I don't like wearing all-black shoes anymore and I have so many others to wear when I have the chance to wear such shoes. That's why I'm skipping these. I had them back in the day when they were current. Good enough for me. If they do an equally solid white/infra or carmine retro anytime soon, I'll be in on those.
Skipped all 3s after 03?

Just watched Bulls vs. 76ers Game 1 of the 1991 NBA ECS to hype up for these.

basketball-nba-playoffs-chicago-bulls-michael-jordan-in-action-vs-picture-id121478717

what happened to all the *****s in 2014 who was telling everyone with two ears that the ogs were pinkish and that the 2014 looked more like the og than the 2000 version?

now everybody saying the 2000 shade looks more og?

show yourselves

think i wanna check out the 2014 thread and have a laugh

What?

I’ve said from the get that the 2014 shade was close af to the OG’s.

These so far look to be closer to the 2000’s but I loved those so *shrug*

why not? Whos getting hurt? Why is everyone so afraid now? Bunch of old ladies.
hqdefault.jpg

I know NT. I know we gonna argue. I know it’s gonna get idiotic.

But when it’s 3-5 pages of arguing over a damn slant on the bottom of the midsole of a shoe when all I’m trynna see is pics we’re finally getting of these damn thangs... shut yo *** up and let the thread move on so we can cook. Ain’t no one getting hurt and ain’t no one an old lady but ffs move on at some point and let the thread breathe. :lol:

Skipped all 3s after 03?

Yessir. Wasn't even hard to do, honestly. They've DESTROYED that shoe. Everything that made it a GOAT candidate and so sick in the first damn place has been wrecked. I've said this a million times in various threads on here: it's not even the same shoe to me anymore. That's just my opinion, but I stand by it. A lot of people on here mouth off and still buy. I don't when it comes to 3s, because in my view the little things (actually, they are big things in this case) matter.

Now that said, I will admit right now: If a fire red 3 retro comes with Nike Air on the heel soon, even with the current shape and everything else, I'll buy that shoe. Hypocrisy, I know. But for whatever reason, the dark EP and red and gray hits still do it for me. That is the one OG colorway that even in this slaughtered incarnation still looks good to me even though it's so far off from the OG. It stands on its own for me, even though it pisses me off to admit it. But my favorites, the white/cement and black/cement, just look like such abominations to my eyes that I can't do it until they do them right like they did with the concords.

@leonard706 I saw your post asking if there was a way to make the contrast heel more noticeable and I managed to find this old thread from 2010 on "Sneaker Talk" and OP changed the heel on his varsity red 6's to have the same heel sheen that the '91 black infrared's did.

His first attempt:
2ufc2zc.jpg
4qrdci.jpg

His second attempt after he dulled the finish:
2rw5eab.jpg
2cfr536.jpg

Apparently he used black shoe polish for the heel but I don't know what he used to dull the finish as he didn't say. I also know that the varsity's are suede so I'm unsure if it would work on durabuck. If it does though I'd be more than willing to do it to this year's infrareds honestly. Just to make them closer to the '91 release.

@leonard706 I saw your post asking if there was a way to make the contrast heel more noticeable and I managed to find this old thread from 2010 on "Sneaker Talk" and OP changed the heel on his varsity red 6's to have the same heel sheen that the '91 black infrared's did.

His first attempt:
2ufc2zc.jpg
4qrdci.jpg

His second attempt after he dulled the finish:
2rw5eab.jpg
2cfr536.jpg

Apparently he used black shoe polish for the heel but I don't know what he used to dull the finish as he didn't say. I also know that the varsity's are suede so I'm unsure if it would work on durabuck. If it does though I'd be more than willing to do it to this year's infrareds honestly. Just to make them closer to the '91 release.
He could be onto something! I would only try on a double or triple tho. It’d also have be done carefully of course.

I wonder if it holds up.

I remember a lot of dudes in here saying the 2014 was super close to the OG but I always thought the hue was off. This new one is the closest that I’ve seen other than the 2000 retro. With that being said, with this one here it’s a 2-3 pair minimum lol

Suit yourself but that’s a pretty weak reason to pass though lol. Have you looked at most of the pics posted in here or just that one outside pic you referenced? If you haven’t been paying attention, shape on these is fine. I’d be one of the first to call out the shape of it were that bad.
I have looked at all the pics posted in here.

And to be honest I think don't think it is a weak reason to pass. Why should I pay $200 for something I would not be satisfied with. I like Jordans, but it not like they are a necessity, there will be other shoes to spend money on. To all the dudes that like them, then more power to you. As I said, they are decent enough.

He could be onto something! I would only try on a double or triple tho. It’d also have be done carefully of course.

I wonder if it holds up.
Precision would be key for sure. I honestly want to try it but because people don't experiment with durabuck much there's no way of knowing how black shoe polish + duller will look on it. If I had a pair of beaters with a durabuck upper I'd happily experiment with em a bit. As for longevity maybe avoiding too much water would be good?

I have looked at all the pics posted in here.

And to be honest I think don't think it is a weak reason to pass. Why should I pay $200 for something I would not be satisfied with. I like Jordans, but it not like they are a necessity, there will be other shoes to spend money on. To all the dudes that like them, then more power to you. As I said, they are decent enough.

Yeah all that’s cool I’m just saying the shape isn’t all that off like you’re saying. You’re like one of if not the only person saying that, that’s all.

This is basically the thing. MJ is what we all know he is. But when he was actually playing, he never said it. LeBron at this point is campaigning to be anointed the GOAT while he is still active in the league. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths, comes off poorly and doesn't endear him to anyone outside of his most die-hard loyalists. It also makes those of us who don't agree with that assessment of LeBron the player turn on him even more. Put in simple terms, MJ and his team of marketers, advisors, etc. (and obviously it was a way different time) got away with manipulating his image while he was playing. It wasn't until later that he started to take some hits and people realized he wasn't the squeaky clean all-around great guy they thought he was for years. LeBron and his team's attempts at manipulating the perception have most of the time gone the opposite route.
I grew up in yh 90’s so I saw MJ played first 3 peat and 2nd three peat I buy his shoes because there is a history/story to the shoe plus you dream to become MJ so you play basketball imitating him. I don’t buy Lebron shoes not really liking them except for the zoom generation 1

Yessir. Wasn't even hard to do, honestly. They've DESTROYED that shoe. Everything that made it a GOAT candidate and so sick in the first damn place has been wrecked. I've said this a million times in various threads on here: it's not even the same shoe to me anymore. That's just my opinion, but I stand by it. A lot of people on here mouth off and still buy. I don't when it comes to 3s, because in my view the little things (actually, they are big things in this case) matter.

Now that said, I will admit right now: If a fire red 3 retro comes with Nike Air on the heel soon, even with the current shape and everything else, I'll buy that shoe. Hypocrisy, I know. But for whatever reason, the dark EP and red and gray hits still do it for me. That is the one OG colorway that even in this slaughtered incarnation still looks good to me even though it's so far off from the OG. It stands on its own for me, even though it pisses me off to admit it. But my favorites, the white/cement and black/cement, just look like such abominations to my eyes that I can't do it until they do them right like they did with the concords.

I’m not a huge fan of the 3 so I’m not familiar with all of the nuances. That said I’m curious what is wrong with the shape of the current 3?

ARK ARK the 3 is my favorite sneaker of all time

With that being said, right off the bat, the common complaints are:height of the shoe being too low, the OGs didn’t have that curved dip towards the ankle/top portion of the shoe

Also the elephant print is supposed to be thin, short, not so tall across the toe/mudguard

Also the overall shape, the OGs had a more slanted look to them, to which these have an overall bulkier build

With that being said, I will never not cop any BC3 that releases, but I can see how some people would be turned away

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom