2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philip Lindsay's don't grow on trees

The best running backs in the league are 1st round picks.

Kamara?

Bell?

Shady?

Cooks?

Chubb?

Both bears RBs?

Every year seems like a quality back falls to the 2nd.. see chubb and even guice last draft (guice before hurting his knee)

Hunt too.. before his mess

Top 5 backs IMO.

Gurley
Zeke
Kamara
Barkley
CMC

Gordon, Conner, Hunt, AP and lindsay round out the last 5.

Bell hasn't played this year so I can't rank him.

Kamara?

Bell?

Shady?

Cooks?

Chubb?

Both bears RBs?

Every year seems like a quality back falls to the 2nd.. see chubb and even guice last draft (guice before hurting his knee)

Hunt too.. before his mess

James Conner - 3rd round pick
Jordan Howard - 5th Round pick
Kamara - 3rd round pick
Cohen - 4th

Theres value in the later rounds, at a cheaper contract.

The Saquons / Zekes / and even CMC are special players cant fault teams for taking em, but I wouldn't take a RB in the first round personally either.

I see why Dalvin went 1st. He's a stud but there were durability ? marks on him coming into the draft as well. He'd be killing if he can stay on the field and be used properly

RB is the position you can find good dudes in the later rounds but if I need a RB and it's a Zeke, Saqoun, Gurley, AP in the draft I'm taking them. No need to over think it.

James conner would've been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he didn't have cancer. He was a dog at Pitt. 1700 rush yards and 26 TD's as a sophomore. I remember.

No way Cohen was going to sneak into the early rounds because he went to T and he's like 5'5

Howard and Kamara slipped thru the cracks, but it's not surprising because more teams use a rotation of backs now more than ever. So you can take a low risk guy in the later rounds.

Problem is when you end up with fournette or trent

Other positions you miss, that contract ain't a killer.. but RBs that high are getting top money off the bat

Also forgot Auburn dude lions drafted and ATL RBs.. and Frank gore still rolling around.. ajayi too

For the 1937th time:

My gripe about using a high pick on a running back is their value to a team just isn't important relative to other positions. Also, so many other things have to go right in order for that back to have success.

For the 1937th time:

My gripe about using a high pick on a running back is their value to a team just isn't important relative to other positions. Also, so many other things have to go right in order for that back to have success.

I agree 100%

Like... Saquon is god level.... But imagine Quenton Nelson on that NYG Oline instead that needs help BADLY. That's a 10 year player that you insert into the starting line from day 1 and don't have to worry about it

For the 1937th time:

Last 5 Super Bowl Winners:
1) Eagles
2) Pats
3) Broncos
4) Pats
5) Seahawks

how many top 10 RBs?

Well the giants have one of the worst line's in the league and barkley is performing at a great level. Gurley was the same way his rookie season with the rams under Fisher.

Panthers o-line is mid and CMC is flourishing.

The stars don't need to align perfectly for a RB to have success lol, didn't Barry Sanders play with a **** line and team his whole career? :lol:

Not every offensive system works like the patriots.. Where you have a HOF QB and a HOF coach working the system, rotating in backs.

Hell, even they knew they needed a RB and used a 1st round pick on one.

I agree 100%

Like... Saquon is god level.... But imagine Quenton Nelson on that NYG Oline instead that needs help BADLY. That's a 10 year player that you insert into the starting line from day 1 and don't have to worry about it

Barkley has exceeded even the highest expectations for his rookie season but the Giants are 4-8.

For arguments sake, let's say they took Quenton Nelson at #2 then Nick Chubb at #34. Are they better, worse, or the same not only this season, but long term?

Saquon Barkley is making $8M guaranteed this season. Nick Chubb is making $7.3M over four years.

I mean eagles run game was doing work.. Seahawks too

But Marshawn was definitely top 10 rb when they won.. although the only had to trade a 4th to get him

Eagles 4th for ajayi.. and blount cheap.. Clement udfa

Barkley has exceeded even the highest expectations for his rookie season but the Giants are 4-8.

For arguments sake, let's say they took Quenton Nelson at #2 then Nick Chubb at #34. Are they better, worse, or the same not only this season, but long term?

Saquon Barkley is making $8M guaranteed this season. Nick Chubb is making $7.3M over four years.

Could have traded down from 2, stay in top 10 and go with either notre dame guy

Then chubb

Broncos got carried by an elite defense. Their offense was pretty mediocre that entire season

Pats have the best system in the league for the backs. All play to brady's strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom