2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Not really feeling any of the Lakers pickups except Liam
They had issues winning non-LeBron minutes last year.

After adding the #1 & #2 6MOTY that will be a complete non-issue going forward, which is huge since Bron’s mins will/should be limited until probably Feb.

On top of all of that they now have two more guys who can be their third scorer on any given night. So they’ve substantially boosted their depth. I don’t know how you don’t like what they’ve done

Because of the new play in setup you can’t write off the Warriors making the playoffs...All they gotta gotta do is stay in 8th seed range n they gucci, which shouldn’t be hard if they healthy...They don’t even really gotta be great to make the playoffs this season

#soon

But nah that really is the only way they contend contend. They'd have to unlock him.

They had issues winning non-LeBron minutes last year.

After adding the #1 & #2 6MOTY that will be a complete non-issue going forward, which is huge since Bron’s mins will/should be limited until probably Feb.

On top of all of that they now have two more guys who can be their third scorer on any given night. So they’ve substantially boosted their depth. I don’t know how you don’t like what they’ve done
I feel like Wes and Marc are washed (I could be wrong) and they needed a bigger wing defender more than what Trez offers with his scoring.
But I can’t really disagree with anything you said.

Anyone interested in Whiteside?

Could see Toronto taking a look if Gasol does to LA, him or Baynes.

Baynes would probably be a better fit though :lol:

Anyone interested in Whiteside?
nope.gif

Last edited:
Gasol seemed ultra washed last year.

Heard that last year about Rondo, Bradley, & Dwight... it turned out pretty well. Gasol skill sets meshes perfectly with this current roster & they wouldn't be asking much from him.

Also the Clippers getting better definitely is debatable, what has Kennard done that says he's better than Shamet?? & he's a downgrade defensively. Getting Serge is huge because they needed more interior defense & he can actually space the floor. But Serge can't create for himself offensively the way Trez did for them, putting even more emphasis on already weak playmaking.

Getting Kief for the low would be huge for them, but as of right now they have less depth & still haven't addressed their biggest weakness. They are putting more pressure on Kawhi & PG to perform during a condensed regular season.

The government of Canada didn’t allow the Raptors an exemption to host home games. It would have set a bad precedence on the government’s end allowing nba teams in and out all willy nilly.

I imagine the team wants to be somewhere with warm weather. They also play in the east. So I can kind of understand why they chose Florida.

I'd heard about Canada's restriction, which absolutely make sense. what doesn't make sense to me is the nba trying to avoid covid but relocating the raps to a state that has one of the highest per-capita case numbers. tampa #s been surging

Lakers should send Javale and a pick to the Knicks for Robinson. Win-win for Knicks cause McGee is expiring, they have no plans to extend Robinson past his current deal, and they get a draft pick.
Getting Robinson this solves Lakers' backup C #2 problem.

This will then free up $2.5 mil in salary. Lakers can sign Gasol outright for $5.1 mil.

Lakers sign Boogie if they need him later for the playoffs.
20201122_124100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom