2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Houston holding out for Simmons to be put on the table...where have I seen this movie before? Oh yea, that's right the Pels holding out for Tatum to be on the table. Right now the Sixers are on his list, what incentive does Philly have now or later to include Ben in a deal?
So if Philly just keeps treading water with the Simmons/Embiid duo, and it's just more of the same, you don't think they would have any incentive to improve? Especially when their GM loves Harden?

Is that really unfathomable to you?

“James, we know you want out. You’re under contract. We want to help you get to where you want to go. We can’t do that if you aren’t playing. If you start playing, it’ll help us get you where you want. We don’t want to drag this out and neither do you.”
Apparently he wanted a trade months ago. Seems like they've been dragging it out to the point where harden decided he can show up to camp on his own time
Nobody is saying it's going to get significantly better...

But if they get to the deadline and Miami pivots, do they like that better?

Are they going to get significantly less than Caris Levert or Tobias Harris as the centerpiece by waiting a few months? Not a chance in hell.
That's a lot of ifs and maybes when we already have a precedent for this. Didn't work out too well for Toronto and Minnesota but maybe Houston will figure out what they couldn't

Reactions: MVP
So if Philly just keeps treading water with the Simmons/Embiid duo, and it's just more of the same, you don't think they would have any incentive to improve? Especially when their GM loves Harden?

Is that really unfathomable to you?

What's the history of a trade package getting better with the disgruntled stars? Cause that's what you're suggesting. AD, Jimmy and Kawhi bring the last ones. They all were traded for less than what they would have gotten cause the organizations were being spiteful.

That's a lot of ifs and maybes when we already have a precedent for this. Didn't work out too well for Toronto and Minnesota but maybe Houston will figure out what they couldn't
Maybe. Maybe not.

But I'm not gonna be the GM stumbling over myself in a rush to trade for turd platters with Caris Levert or Tobi Harris as the main course. Does Milwaukee offer Middleton? Does that move the needle for you? Do you really think I'm not gonna be able to get those guys in a couple of months if I wait to the deadline?

All the Pelicans really cost themselves waiting was Kuzma... Who's probably about to get paid more than you'd wanna pay him and doesn't really have a place with Zion/BI anyways... Who cares about a couple of late-1st picks.

Probably. It was easy having mom "negotiate" max deals and partnerships with companies. :lol:

I mean... they got it all done in 2017

EC885881-6A0B-4EBE-A6E5-9CD8B53D7984.jpeg

Theres no incentive in trading Harden for a bad package . What makes you confident that it will get better ? Harden is tanking his value as much as he can.

It's possible that teams may get more desperate for a change, which is inevitable-- so who knows. But holding on to him will definitely poison the locker room and follow the franchise long after he's gone

Maybe the Nets are doing well and decide not to put Caris in a deal because he's a great fit along side KD and Kyrie.

There's more moving parts than just Harden and the Rockets, the variables are what they are right now. Teams interested would be more inclined to give their best packages now, as the season progresses, it gets worse, that's just a fact. What Y'ALL consider to be value is irrelevant. Gotta get what you can get. Harden can go full VC and kill his value even more.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But I'm not gonna be the GM stumbling over myself in a rush to trade for turd platters with Caris Levert or Tobi Harris as the main course. Does Milwaukee offer Middleton? Does that move the needle for you? Do you really think I'm not gonna be able to get those guys in a couple of months if I wait to the deadline?

All the Pelicans really cost themselves waiting was Kuzma... Who's probably about to get paid more than you'd wanna pay him and doesn't really have a place with Zion/BI anyways... Who cares about a couple of late-1st picks.

So you're holding firm and enabling this **** show all for Kris middleton? Aight :lol:

Unless you fully believe the Nets package would be off the table, or significantly changed for the worse as the year goes on, I don't really get the argument for moving him this second.

Nets as currently constructed aren't good enough to really make noise. Harden would change that. That package isn't going anywhere.

What's the history of a trade package getting better with the disgruntled stars? Cause that's what you're suggesting. AD, Jimmy and Kawhi bring the last ones. They all were traded for less than what they would have gotten cause the organizations were being spiteful.

Why's there gotta be a precedent though? Especially in 2020 where unexpected sh*t seems to be the norm.

Ben and Embiid are probably on a short leash. Wouldn't at all be surprised if their oil and water relationship worsening or staying stuck in neutral forces Morey to up the ante to net Jim.

The return is gonna get worse . Harden aint gonna be balling out for a team he doesnt wanna play for. You just lost a year off his contract and Harden got a year older. No point in holding out

If they trade him for any of the packages currently on the table the Rockets are basically committing to years of the NBA limbo of mediocrity. Where they’ll be just good enough to ensure themselves of a draft pick outside of the top 10.

Rather take the risk that Jimbo has a chance of heart and decides he wants to hoop. And if he doesn’t, shift to full blow-it-up and tank mode and move him for the best package of expiring contracts and draft picks they can get.

Why's there gotta be a precedent though? Especially in 2020 where unexpected sh*t seems to be the norm.

The Ben and Embiid are probably on a short leash together. Wouldn't at all be surprised if their oil and water relationship forces Morey to up the ante.

Teams being spiteful has just never worked. 2020 ain't going to change that. What's the end goal for the Rockets here. Sounds from the beginning they dug in their heels foolishly thinking the relationship could be saved. Harden wants a divorce, time ain't changing that.

Why would Ben and Embiid be on a short leash when everybody was saying coaching was the main problem? They’re only going to give Doc a few months or a year to work it out? What if he actually gets it to work with them? Then it's definitely off the table.

Why would Ben and Embiid be on a short leash when everybody was saying coaching was the main problem? They’re only going to give Doc a few months or a year to work it out? What if he actually gets it to work with them? Then it's definitely off the table.

Well duh :lol:

The scenario was if they didn't work it out and it looked really bad from the rip.

So you're holding firm and enabling this **** show all for Kris middleton? Aight :lol:
I'm holding out and saying I think I can get someone comparable to Tobias Harris or Caris Levert at literally any point in time strictly based off the fact you're gonna have to for salary matching to work.

It's not like Philly or BKN have ancillary parts that excite anyone that won't be available later in the season.

Back
Top Bottom