2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Zo you hold on to Harden & do what.... tell every other player & coach the entire direction of the season is in limbo until we make a decision on James?? You play him you risk an injury, you sit him you send your team to the lottery, with no pick to benefit from...

On top of that your team becomes the topic in the media daily just like the Pels did, Just like SA did. this isn't a video game man, this is an entire organization & business they can't afford to have the entire org on hold because of Harden not cooperating.

That was in the playoffs, but Y'ALL debating if they struggle. If Ben and Joel won 52 games with THAT roster, what you think they doing with this one?
I think they'll be a 4-5 seed with the same conference semis ceiling that they've had this entire time. Treading water. No playmaking other than Simmons who refuses to shoot. Highly doubt Morey took the job just for them to largely remain the same.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
s668ov8vdd461.jpg

3qeknendae461.png

With this Harden situation, the Rockets aren’t getting the “massive” deal they lookin for...Take the best one on the table and be done with it, Harden sulking for a couple months not gon make the offers change or get better

But the best offer in the table now just makes them a fringe playoff team, probably for a few That’s like the worst place to be in today’s NBA.

Like I said before, to me they’d be just as good off or better riding out with Harden longer ans then blowing it all up completely.

With this Harden situation, the Rockets aren’t getting the “massive” deal they lookin for...Take the best one on the table and be done with it, Harden sulking for a couple months not gon make the offers change or get better

Yup, and take the best deal for the TEAM, not the prettiest on paper like some get caught trying to do

Yeah that's why I mentioned his status as one of the variables. If he's a dickhead the whole time Rockets definitely won't fetch much regardless.

Yeah that's why I mentioned his status as one of the variables. If he's a dickhead the whole time Rockets definitely won't fetch much regardless.
They aren't getting some incredible package regardless. Like N41D N41D said though, it would be foolish to think guys like Levert, Middleton, Tobias Harris, etc wouldn't be available at all times. Might as well just hope the Sixers situation doesn't work out so they can maybe get Ben, or some other team comes forward.

Nobody in their right mind thinks this rockets team is contending for a title. So what's the purpose of keeping harden against his will besides lowering your draft pick that will be given away just to be an early exit or miss the playoffs regardless. Might as well shoot for that top 4 pick which it looks like they're doing anyway when 3 of their offseason pickups are guys coming off achilles injuries. What they really want is future picks from a team like BK after their window closes. It doesn't look like they're seriously trying to compete for anything right now which is why harden wants out in the first place

Reactions: MVP
But the best offer in the table now just makes them a fringe playoff team, probably for a few That’s like the worst place to be in today’s NBA.

Like I said before, to me they’d be just as good off or better riding out with Harden longer ans then blowing it all up completely.
I mean with Harden off the team their results gon be the same no matter what deal they take or when...Might as well get rid of the distraction now and get a head start on Post Harden life....It’s really a just a question of do they want their .75 cents back for him now or in February

The principles will still be there sure. But the ancillary parts probably won't be. And no matter how you break it down that's less. Whether it's the other players or picks.

They aren't getting some incredible package regardless. Like N41D N41D said though, it would be foolish to think guys like Levert, Middleton, Tobias Harris, etc wouldn't be available at all times. Might as well just hope the Sixers situation doesn't work out so they can maybe get Ben, or some other team comes forward.
Lol the teams with levert middleton and harris have a great chance of being top 3 in the east. So it would be more foolish to think they'd make some huge shakeup midseason. Especially a team like Milwaukee who would want to make a deal before the deadline on giannis's extension passes

Nobody in their right mind thinks this rockets team is contending for a title. So what's the purpose of keeping harden against his will besides lowering your draft pick that will be given away just to be an early exit or miss the playoffs regardless.

Fertitta seems like a narcissistic a-hole. Probably thinks he can still sway Jim.

Pat wants Stars, do not get it twisted haha. He would take James IMO

Bucks, sheesh I know they are sick they gave up the farm for Jrue, could of had James probably for that

Back
Top Bottom