2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I would say this could help them trading him because he’s locked up but the numbers are ridiculous. No one trading for that.

Not interested in Embiid is a little shocking. Figured Simmons would be the main target though. Tough decision if you're Philly.

amitt5504 amitt5504 what's the general consensus on that potential swap from your Sixers brethren?
Embiid and Harden would be some beautiful basketball. 60 FTs a game incoming

the trade off between Simmons and Harden is elite defense for elite scoring (even tho Harden is an elite defender cc addict4sneakers addict4sneakers )

I’m not giving up Simmons tho especially if Sam Cassell is working with him on being an actual PG

As a Sixers fan, trading Ben for Harden is a no brainer. You have the opportunity to get arguably the greatest individual creator ever.

however, I don’t think Morey will do it. He’s perfectly fine with the roster as is or is at least willing to wait to see how the first half of the season goes

I don't know man. I don't think we can win a chip with Harden, it's less about his game and more about his ego, leadership and all the other parts.

The only way I see this working is exactly how Toronto treated Kawhi:
  • They had vocal leaders with Marc and Lowry
  • They only needed Kawhi to score and play defence
  • the team had no egos and treated Kawhi like a king and everyone was ok with it
  • The team was a ready made team looking to plugin a star to bring them to the promise land
The main difference is Kawhi is a closer and Harden is not.

So when Kawhi leaves,
The Clippers ultimate plan to lure players is to use the fact that they will be paired with Paul George. Like they going ALL IN on Paul George
Pob06X.gif

Back
Top Bottom