2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Wow at that Harden extension. I thought you can only offer extensions with 2 yrs or less on the contract tho?

Wow at that Harden extension. I thought you can only offer extensions with 2 yrs or less on the contract tho?
He has two years left on his deal with a player option for the third year. I think that he would need to opt out of his current deal in two years, and then be eligible for that huge 2 year $102m deal. Still crazy that he turned that down. He was really about to make NBA history with that extension

i dont see ariza wanting to suit up for houston
do it rob
1605635407818.gif

I totally agree with this. All the "Oklahoma City and New Orleans are geniuses because they've amassed a whole bunch of picks" stuff is weird. I won't be impressed until they actually turn into something valuable.

I will say though that the calculus is different for a small market team like Oklahoma City as opposed to a big market like the Lakers. OKC knows that they're never going to attract big-name free agents so they're only way to get better is via the draft and trades. Their end goal isn't to have a team full of 19-23 year olds I think their ultimate goal is to tank, hope that they hit on a couple of their own top picks and then package some of these picks for star players to pair with their draft picks.

I think it's going to be interesting to look back a decade from now and see how all of these pics ended up. How many of these picks become rotation players, all-stars, etc

Hindsight analysis is always 100% for a reason. Teams have to get the picks before being in a position to make the right pick. Every pick isn't meant to be an all star player either.

He has two years left on his deal with a player option for the third year. I think that he would need to opt out of his current deal in two years, and then be eligible for that huge 2 year $102m deal. Still crazy that he turned that down. He was really about to make NBA history with that extension
The two year extension would've been tacked onto the existing three years left on his contract.

So in essence, a five year contract.

I’m not saying the Clips are the team to beat but I am saying they’re in the same class as Denver, Dallas, Bucks etc. If that bothers you, maybe you should go take a walk or something

A bit of revisionist history going on because of what happened in the bubble. Clippers finished 2nd in the West for the 1st time ever last season despite PG missing 1/3 of the season, Kawhi load managing and a bunch of other guys being in-and-out with injuries. They only had Morris for like 12 games before the season got put on a 4 month hold because of a pandemic.

They had COVID, injury and chicken wing issues in the bubble and still were a bad Doc substation and ensuing blown defensive assignment from advancing to the WCF in five games. Blowing the series to the Nuggets after that was inexcusable, but the Clippers beat themselves as much as the Nuggets were just better.

But people acting now like they barely scraped their way into the playoffs last season. If people had such low expectations for them last season, why was it such a big deal in here every time they lost a game? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think Westbrook gets you more than expirings, middling players and a second round pick or two. Both Charlotte and New York have enough cap space to absorb Westbrook's contract which helps.

Back
Top Bottom