2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPlash the pot.gif

this weekend could be very interesting with this signing for the Rams. Team friendly deal that allows them to still sign 2, maybe 3 "higher" end guys to add.

this weekend could be very interesting with this signing for the Rams. Team friendly deal that allows them to still sign 2, maybe 3 "higher" end guys to add.
Sincerely, **** the Rams.

The “all in” mentality is risky but comes win a much bigger reward.

Idk how the Niners who have been one of the best teams in the league over the last 3 years can't adopt that mentality and put the pedal to the metal.

But Nah, here we are sitting on our hands trying to play 4D chess with this Jimmy situation.

the NFL salary cap rules are gibberish to me, do signing bonuses not count against the cap?
Converting It into a bonus makes it get pushed down instead on counting against the cap right now. So the total gets split between the remaining years left.

Bonuses in general are prorated over the term on a contract as it relates to the cap

Converting It into a bonus makes it get pushed down instead on counting against the cap right now. So the total gets split between the remaining years left.

Bonuses in general are prorated over the term on a contract as it relates to the cap

ah gotcha, thanks. so instead of X salary in year 1, Y salary in year 2 etc you can drop those salaries/cap hits into signing bonus aka guaranteed money and spread the cap hit around.

Could this happen? I own a team that only has $25mil in cap space. I want you on my team but someone else has already offered you $30mil. I offer $20mil so I stay $5mil under the cap, and I tell you there's a $12mil signing bonus. My $32mil > their $30mil. 👀

-foe

ah gotcha, thanks. so instead of X salary in year 1, Y salary in year 2 etc you can drop those salaries/cap hits into signing bonus aka guaranteed money and spread the cap hit around.
Yeah it's benefits both parties in the short term. Players gets guaranteed cash and the the team's cap gets flexibility

Could this happen? I own a team that only has $25mil in cap space. I want you on my team but someone else has already offered you $35mil. I offer $20mil so I stay $5mil under the cap, and I tell you there's a $12mil signing bonus. 👀

-foe
In this instance you could still offer the 35mil (or even more) and back load the contract so the cap hit doesn't really effect the current year's space and the signing bonus is a way to persuade to take on that back loaded contract.

All in all there's just a million loopholes if owners are willing to pay up :lol:

Yeah it's benefits both parties in the short term. Players gets guaranteed cash and the the team's cap gets flexibility

In this instance you could still offer the 35mil (or even more) and back load the contract so the cap hit doesn't really effect the current year's space and the signing bonus is a way to persuade to take on that back loaded contract.

All in all there's just a million loopholes if owners are willing to pay up :lol:

thanks. surprised these leagues just dont go the NHL route and base cap hits on AAV (avg annual value). used to see 120 mil/14 year contracts before that :lol:

BILL ****ING BELICHICK PENNY PINCHING ***:
0D8B60A5-0541-426C-A8A0-C79D84212F8D.gif

(And yes, last year was definitely an anomaly. He will never be the one to do those restructures/borrow-from-the-future type of GM)

I thought it was Dave Ziegler who had more responsibility with the offseason acquisitions for the Pats last year?

I thought it was Dave Ziegler who had more responsibility with the offseason acquisitions for the Pats last year?

Could be both? Idk. The “insiders” here claim that he’s the one “running” the show and the fact that BB doesn’t have dedicated coordinators on the field just goes to show how much of a control freak he is. Of course Ziegler is qualified to be the GM for the Raiders, heck, last year was probably his first shot of actually making moves acquiring Judon, KB, Henry, etc to prep him for a GM job, it’s just that BB prolly has the last say on every transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom