2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eff white America. You're not wrong that America jumps at opportunities to sling mud at a black man, absolutely. Emmitt Till isn't just one incident; it's symbolic to a common dynamic.

Regarding this case, though, is there really a difference between 'He's black so I know he's guilty' and 'He's black so he's innocent'?

You mentioned tangible evidence before. Do you have tangible evidence of all these things?

-foe
I'm not presuming he's innocent because he's black, I'm presuming he's innocent because there is literally no evidence that this guy committed anything. Darren Sharper is black and was one of my favorite players but dude is a krhut serial rapist. How do I know this? There was legit evidence that proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he raped women, oh and that fact that he plead guilty.... As far as the tangible evidence, it's all in the court documents available to the public. For some reason the media isn't covering that and we all know why.

Like what? Ain't much different than Harvey Weinstein, as far as evidence goes. Hard to find tangible evidence in a past sexual assault that wasn't immediately reported. Even more difficult if there was no actual sexual contact like what it sounds occurred here.

A little too much smoke not to be something there with Watson though, whether he's just a perv or something a little more. 22 accusers.
I mean yeah sure but fam out of 22 accusations there's gonna be AT LEAST 1 where there's going to be some kind of evidence. And can someone define sexual assault to me, because there are accusations where the only thing that was claimed to happened is he got hard and insisted the chick keep massaging him. That's assault? I'm genuinely asking I'm not trying to be an ***. Also l do Deshaun was probably being inappropriate on some level but I don't believe dude was out here raping chicks like they keep trying imply. Not trying to downplay sexual misconduct but there's a HUGE difference between sexual misconduct and actual rape. The media keeps purposely trying to conflate the two in Deshaun's case

And can someone define sexual assault to me, because there are accusations where the only thing that was claimed to happened is he got hard and insisted the chick keep massaging him. That's assault? I'm genuinely asking I'm not trying to be an ***.

Doesn't sound like the Watson situation was actual sexual assault, just misconduct, indecency, whatever you wanna call it. Just deviance. And unsolicited. And sounds like he manipulated the situation. All predatory behaviors.

I think the definition of sexual assault varies a little from state to state, but in Texas I think there has to be some sort of penetration or at least physical contact.

If that doesn't occur I'm not sure how tangible evidence is gonna exist without some type of recording or if he dumped one out on the massage table?

Probably gonna come down to witness testimony in these types of cases.

I feel like the tone of this thread has been this throughout the whole ordeal so ya'll been debating just to be on the same page :lol:
Nah... The media and white America are refusing to be objective. For instance one of the chicks agreed to give him a happy ending but the problem that she had is that he came on her. Like no one sees a problem with a chick agreeing to jacking a dude off then pressing charges because he came on her? What Deshaun did wrong is choosing to exercise his fetishes with regular women, this is what professionals are for. Like Stephen A said he should be suspended for sheer stupidity. He should've known better to even had put himself in this position.

I'm not presuming he's innocent because he's black, I'm presuming he's innocent because there is literally no evidence that this guy committed anything.
I can respect that. That is different, you're absolutely right.
As far as the tangible evidence, it's all in the court documents available to the public. For some reason the media isn't covering that and we all know why.
I don't disagree.

-foe

Doesn't sound like the Watson situation was actual sexual assault, just misconduct, indecency, whatever you wanna call it. Just deviance. And unsolicited. And sounds like he manipulated the situation. All predatory behaviors.

I think the definition of sexual assault varies a little from state to state, but in Texas I think there has to be some sort of penetration or at least physical contact.

If that doesn't occur I'm not sure how tangible evidence is gonna exist without some type of recording or if he dumped one out on the massage table?

Probably gonna come down to witness testimony in these types of cases.
Thanks for the clarification brother and that brings me back to my point. If you listened to white America you'd think this dude was out here pulling a Darren sharper on these women. Some are actually calling dude a rapist and they keep using buzzwords like "predator" to reinforce that. At worst Deshaun is a horn dog with a very niche kink who needs some counseling.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification brother and that brings me back to my point. If you listened to white America you'd think this dude was out here pulling a Darren sharper on these women. Some are actually calling dude a rapist and they keep using buzzwords like "predator" to reinforce that. At worst Deshaun is a hot dog with a very niche kink who needs some counseling.

Yeah I wouldn't pay attention to the media's coverage of it. They're gonna just spin it to fit whatever agenda they're serving.

But based on some of the allegations, it is predatory behavior. There's obviously a spectrum, but exposing oneself, veiled threats, soliciting sex, abusing power, etc... that falls along that spectrum. Doesn't necessarily mean he'd escalate to forcible rape, but what he did (allegedly) isn't normal and should be addressed if it comes to fruition.

This sounds more sexual misconduct than rape as media keep trying to imply

He will settle, he will throw for 350 yards and 4 TDs and all these white ppl in Cle who saying they could never root for him are the same folks who voted for Grab them by the p president Trump, he wins 3 games in a row, they’ll have his jersey on chugging natty light at a tailgate.

This sounds more sexual misconduct than rape as media keep trying to imply

He will settle, he will throw for 350 yards and 4 TDs and all these white ppl in Cle who saying they could never root for him are the same folks who voted for Grab them by the p president Trump, he wins 3 games in a row, they’ll have his jersey on chugging natty light at a tailgate.

Sexual misconduct ain’t no different than rape….I agree with the trump part. This country has history of rape and sexual mischief dating back to slavery….

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't pay attention to the media's coverage of it. They're gonna just spin it to fit whatever agenda they're serving.

But based on some of the allegations, it is predatory behavior. There's obviously a spectrum, but exposing oneself, veiled threats, soliciting sex, abusing power, etc... that falls along that spectrum. Doesn't necessarily mean he'd escalate to forcible rape, but what he did (allegedly) isn't normal and should be addressed if it comes to fruition.
Agreed it is predatory behavior if it's true. We have no way of knowing one way or the other which was my original point about white America presuming he's guilty. As a black it doesn't even take evidence, just allegations for them to see us as guilty. I guarantee if Peyton Manning was in this same situation and there wasn't any evidence that he did anything the same white America would be saying how they can't call him a predator without proof. The double standards just get exhausting for some point. What's worse is if you dare to be objective in this situation, they'll claim you hate women for not believing random strangers accusations. I know this because the white dudes on Reddit keep throwing this my way

I feel like the tone of this thread has been this throughout the whole ordeal so ya'll been debating just to be on the same page :lol:

This. I'm confused

The media and white America

If you listened to white America

Some are actually calling dude a rapist and they keep using buzzwords like "predator" to reinforce that.

Who is? Specifically. This broad brush of white America is out of left field here. I'm not watching "media" and hot take shows. NT is a very diverse platform and as elpablo21 elpablo21 said, everyone has been on the same page with this. Everyone else I encounter in my day-to-day also represents the same agreement about him...he's pegged as a possible freak or a weirdo.

And tbh, without knowing exactly what happened, the optics of visiting 22+ different massage therapists with his alleged lude act constitutes a predator definition. Unless you know everything that did or didn't happen, I just don't think this one is the battle to fight. That's a wild amount...it definitely represents smoke on the issue, so fighting race for this particular topic won't register where you want it to.

Your overall point is clear, but the minutiae to how you arrived there doesn't fit anything I've seen in reality. And as someone with a daughter, I assure you, race has nothing to do with it...it's all relative, I suppose, but really...what are you watching bro? :lol: Turn it off and relax a bit.

I’m not speaking on the Deshaun case particularly but when you get these situations with multiple victims I tend to side with guilty BUT I don’t think all of the victims are always being honest, sometimes it is a cash grab.

Like the Cosby case for instance, I do think he did some shady stuff with a lot of those women, but all of them? Nope. There’s been times where women have slept with a celebrity (or any male) and claimed rape only to have facts trump the claim. We had a case in my town of a girl claiming a football player raped her at a party. The dude said nah that didn’t happen and showed police the encounter on his phone where she was clearly participating as an equal part.

Last edited:
This. I'm confused

Who is? Specifically. This broad brush of white America is out of left field here. I'm not watching "media" and hot take shows. NT is a very diverse platform and as elpablo21 elpablo21 said, everyone has been on the same page with this. Everyone else I encounter in my day-to-day also represents the same agreement about him...he's pegged as a possible freak or a weirdo.

And tbh, without knowing exactly what happened, the optics of visiting 22+ different massage therapists with his alleged lude act constitutes a predator definition. Unless you know everything that did or didn't happen, I just don't think this one is the battle to fight. That's a wild amount...it definitely represents smoke on the issue, so fighting race for this particular topic won't register where you want it to.

Your overall point is clear, but the minutiae to how you arrived there doesn't fit anything I've seen in reality. And as someone with a daughter, I assure you, race has nothing to do with it...it's all relative, I suppose, but really...what are you watching bro? :lol: Turn it off and relax a bit.
Respectfully brother, I'm assuming you're not black from your post so I'm just gonna say when it comes to certain things we're just not gonna see things the same because we are looking at the world with two different sets of eyes. There are nuances that you probably wouldn't notice unless you've been through the black experience. From the way this story is being reported by the media to the comments online from places like twitter and reddit it's very clear that the vast majority who are assuming Deshaun's guilt are white people. Now does that mean every single white person believes Deshaun is guilty? Of course not but most of that vitriol is coming from that group. An objective person would look at this and say yeah it's strange that this dude has all these therapists but I'm gonna publicly condemn the guy when there's nothing to suggest he's done anything wrong... The courts literally said there's nothing to back up these allegations and a few of the chicks are even exposed as having consensual sex with dude after the fact yet he's still being seen as guilty by them. I'm just saying if you replaced Deshaun with a high profile white athlete with a great reputation, like Deshaun had, then you'd see a lot more benefit of the doubt being given.

Respectfully brother, I'm assuming you're not black from your post so I'm just gonna say when it comes to certain things we're just not gonna see things the same because we are looking at the world with two different sets of eyes.

Perhaps, but your dismissal of my opinion is why things will never change. If allies for equality are overlooked in exchange for what you get from reddit and twitter...putting a blanket over every white person is beginner's scope.

story is being reported by the media to the comments online from places like twitter and reddit

With all due respect, it sounds like you're younger than I am.

As you said by pm'ng me that you agree, that you probably should let this one go...I've been there. Maybe not for the same thing, but when you keep observing and you'll know when to pick the fight and your voice will be heard my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom