2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see them getting rid of Lovie that quick though. They just fired Culley, a minority head coach, after one season. Hired Lovie (minority HC) to replace him after the Flores news broke. Would be an absolute PR nightmare to let him go and look to hire againafter that. Especially with Lovie being loved by the players here, would be hard to bring in players, I believe.
I think we've seen enough over the past 2 decades to realize the NFL doesn't give a damn about PR.

Texans were minutes away from hiring McNown (which they were getting killed for, given the optics), Flores news broke, and immediately changed course to Lovie who no one even knew was a consideration for the job. While I agree they don't care about PR moves in most situations, that was absolutely a PR move.

Hmm I wonder too...

797O.gif

This dude said he won't get surgery UNTIL a team signs him.. what kinda sense does that make?
xesGRMT (1).png

The only somewhat logical reasoning I can think of is that it's not bad enough to where he can't live with it but it's bad enough to where he can't play with it so maybe he's thinking why get surgery is I'm not gonna play again... I'm being extremely generous with that reasoning.

I actually think Lovie will be there more than a year.
They didn’t hire Lovie and have him bring in a bunch of his guys to be a one year thing. Culley was specifically a one year guy with O’Brien holdovers. Culley knew what the deal was at the start, which is why he’s been at Rockets games and talking to players and coaches at practice. He is kicking back with what was basically a severance package.

They didn’t hire Lovie and have him bring in a bunch of his guys to be a one year thing. Culley was specifically a one year guy with O’Brien holdovers. Culley knew what the deal was at the start, which is why he’s been at Rockets games and talking to players and coaches at practice. He is kicking back with what was basically a severance package.
17 mil is a hell of a severance package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom