2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to discount Emmit by any means because even on the Cardinals he showed he had it but that cowboys oline that he and Aikman played behind in their primes is the greatest of all time.

Same can be said about Montana or Steve young playing with the GOAT WR…. so on and so forth.

Can’t blame Jimmy Johnson for drafting well. NONE. ZERO. NOT ONE of those 90s linemen were first round picks…. Those guys were 2nd, 3rd, etc. even some UDFA

Barry is TALENT WISE the GOAT IMO but you can’t discredit Emmitt.
I heard Barry never wanted a FB… once he got a regular FB in 97’ he went over 2k.

Those Lions OL also weren’t as bad as people assume. Barry had some decent OL. Lomas Brown was a 7x pro bowler and one of the best OL of the 90s

Barry also had Johnny Morton and prime, 4x pro bowler Herman Moore at WR

The FIRST, first round draft pick OL that Emmitt Smith ever ran behind….? Was Leonard Davis in 2003. When Emmitt was an Arizona Cardinal. :lol: :lol:

In year 13….

Same can be said about Montana or Steve young playing with the GOAT WR…. so on and so forth.

Can’t blame Jimmy Johnson for drafting well. NONE. ZERO. NOT ONE of those 90s linemen were first round picks…. Those guys were 2nd, 3rd, etc. even some UDFA

Barry is TALENT WISE the GOAT IMO but you can’t discredit Emmitt.
I heard Barry never wanted a FB… once he got a regular FB in 97’ he went over 2k.

Those Lions OL also weren’t as bad as people assume. Barry had some decent OL. Lomas Brown was a 7x pro bowler and one of the best OL of the 90s

Barry also had Johnny Morton and prime, 4x pro bowler Herman Moore at WR
Ehhh .. Montana was beasting before Rice even came into the league and led to the Chiefs to the playoffs after he left the 9ers also having a great wr core means nothing if your oline is trash. Ask Russ or Kirk Cousins. As far as Barry, I wasnt saying what I said to place anyone above Emmit I'm just saying he literally played behind the greatest oline of all time. Emmit would've been great regardless but if any other hall of fame back played behind that line in their primes they'd be all time leaders in rushing as well lol

Ehhh .. Montana was beasting before Rice even came into the league and led to the Chiefs to the playoffs after he left the 9ers also having a great wr core means nothing if your oline is trash. Ask Russ or Kirk Cousins. As far as Barry, I wasnt saying what I said to place anyone above Emmit I'm just saying he literally played behind the greatest oline of all time. Emmit would've been great regardless but if any other hall of fame back played behind that line in their primes they'd be all time leaders in rushing as well lol

After Emmitt left in 2002… we still had prime Larry Allen, flozell adams and Andre Gurode, all pro bowlers 3+ times… and we only had ONE, 1,000 yard RB from 2003-2010.

Only ONE

After Emmitt left in 2002… we still had prime Larry Allen, flozell adams and Andre Gurode, all pro bowlers 3+ times… and we only had ONE, 1,000 yard RB from 2003-2010.

Only ONE
Right.... None of the running backs you had during that period after Emmit were hall of famers. I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding my posts or what.

Fixed and deebo.. aj brown.. couple young dudes still gotta get paid

jags really f’d everyone
The irony of Cleveland and Jacksonville, two of the worst franchises of the 2000s, ******* over the league and the market is hilarious lol

AP looks slim.

Sad that he lost 2 years in his prime.

He never should’ve left the Vikings either.

Wasn't really a scheme fit at the time. There's really only a couple teams he'd fit with now, but if we're talking prime AP, you'd have to make him fit.

How do y'all feel about Dk as a receiver? I think he's good but no where near elite like a lot of people seem to think he is... I'd put him in the same tier as guys like Allen Robinson and Brandon Cooks, good wrs who are gonna give you production but aren't elite although I feel Robinson would've put up elite numbers if he was ever given a great Qb to play with.
Is that a fair assessment or am I tripping?

I'd say DK is close but not on a Kupp/Adams level. He has everything that can make one elite but he's still got work to do to get there

His deep threat is elite though

But he def shouldn't be mentioned with Brandon Cooks lmao. Cooks is at least a couple tiers below right now

I'd say DK is close but not on a Kupp/Adams level. He has everything that can make one elite but he's still got work to do to get there

His deep threat is elite though

But he def shouldn't be mentioned with Brandon Cooks lmao
Cooks is underrated imo. 8 seasons and out of those seasons he has 6 where he's gotten 1,000 yards. Cooks came out the same draft class as Odell, A-Rob, and Jarvis Landry and quietly put up better numbers than them all
bronidk.png

Oh yeah Brandin wasn't a slouch, those concussions ****** up his trajectory but he still did his thing. I was moreso comparing the two in 2022

Oh yeah Brandin wasn't a slouch, those concussions ****ed up his trajectory but he still did his thing. I was moreso comparing the two in 2022
Brandin had more yards and receptions than Dk this past season tho although I'm sure Dk had more tds.... Brandin has consistently performed before and after those concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom