2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: why?

That's a demand for 12s?
From some? I think but most of them probably not :lol:

I saw people in Danny O'Neill's comments when he said he'd like Kaep to come in and some people crying about negative attention and the 5+ years off the field. I'm like who cares, they are going into the season with Drew Lock and Geno and in camp you always have more than two QBs. Nothing to lose here

He stinks? then he's released ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pretty much all of the Kaep takes above from y'all can be true....

was Kaep run out of the league for raising awareness to social injustice? yes. no doubt

can he be a serviceable starter after 5 years off given his prior skillset/tape? probably not.

can he be a serviceable backup after 5 years off given his prior skillset/tape? maybe.

are there rostered QBs who he probably could outplay? yes

does he deserve a tryout? sure

all of it can be true

Alot of things can be true at once. My problem there will always be ONE of those reasons completely supplants the rest which causes a snowball effect to where we are today.

Kaep can be Geno Smith, there isn't a maybe to that. :lol:

but whatever Drew Lock szn baby

Most teams carry 3 QBs, kaep should still be in the league

not saying he should be a starter, but we’ve seen some pretty bad QBs start guys

when wentz went down in 2017 I was disappointed as we didnt sign.. obviously foles did what he did, but what if he went down.. we had a month before the playoffs

Most teams carry 3 QBs, kaep should still be in the league

not saying he should be a starter, but we’ve seen some pretty bad QBs start guys

when wentz went down in 2017 I was disappointed as we didnt sign.. obviously foles did what he did, but what if he went down.. we had a month before the playoffs

Kaep taking 3rd QB money? If so, I would have loved to have had him backup Mariota the past few years.

There have been so many narratives regarding what Kaep would and wouldn't accepted contract wise, at different times, since he's been out. I really wonder what is and isn't true.

But zero doubt Kaep was blackballed initially, that will always be ugly and wrong.

From some? I think but most of them probably not :lol:

I saw people in Danny O'Neill's comments when he said he'd like Kaep to come in and some people crying about negative attention and the 5+ years off the field. I'm like who cares, they are going into the season with Drew Lock and Geno and in camp you always have more than two QBs. Nothing to lose here

He stinks? then he's released ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How'd I know you'd end with a shrug? :lol:

Your rationale makes total sense...id prefer he was Minnesota's backup opposed to Kellen Mond, but all of a sudden, Vikes have a better QB situation than Seattle...if Lock were the starter, I'd pound the table, too...Kaep nothing more than a stop-gap on a bad team, at best though....In my opinion.

Regardless...my main point is that he deserves to be on a roster. I just feel he's overall, overvalued and folks wanna overcorrect his blackballing with his capabilities as an actual player.

I'll never forget after SF lost the SB - My homie since childhood always been a Niner fan - he'd send links about how Kaep was in the weight room the day after their L...I straight up told him, I appreciate the hustle, but his physical abilities wasn't what needed to be worked on and that if he were in the film room with clips of that, and/or dissecting the nuances of the game as a Q, then id be more inclined to be optimistic. It was never that and Kaep flamed out as a Q before the kneeling ever happened...

Same as today...you see his workouts and the proverbial "best shape of his life" speak, but that was never ever his issue, as a player.

How'd I know you'd end with a shrug? :lol:

Your rationale makes total sense...id prefer he was Minnesota's backup opposed to Kellen Mond, but all of a sudden, Vikes have a better QB situation than Seattle...if Lock were the starter, I'd pound the table, too...Kaep nothing more than a stop-gap on a bad team, at best though....In my opinion.

Regardless...my main point is that he deserves to be on a roster. I just feel he's overall, overvalued and folks wanna correct his blackballing with his capabilities as an actual player.
:lol: sometimes you get the typing and semi ranting and I just end it like

06adf35b072dc3b2c5195926f5f94aaa.gif

I think it's my posting version of when I end conversations with idk :lol:

I personally don't think at least when Kaep is brought up I don't see a point of overvalue (I'm sure some do for sure). I think it's the point ppl want him to have the same privilege to be average like alot of other guys do, especially when it comes to backups...Where guys aren't really seeing the field anyways. I will say that's always been my stance on giving him chances and I feel like I've been consistent the past few years during all this

and specifically to the Seahawks. Pete always comes off as this equal opportunist and it's about "competition" and wanting equity/equality but when push comes to shove sometimes his bark doesn't match his actions.I think Pete is a good guy but he has his missteps when it comes to things in this area

Seahawks aren't doing anything for the next few years. Inviting Kaep to camp (like you did with TO) isn't derailing any delusional vision he has right now about this team

If he didnt stand for what he stood for. He's probably a backup somewhere still over the same past 5 years that gets mentioned. That's kind of always been my thing about this whole thing personally

I personally don't think at least when Kaep is brought up I don't see a point of overvalue (I'm sure some do for sure). I think it's the point ppl want him to have the same privilege to be average like alot of other guys do, especially when it comes to backups...Where guys aren't really seeing the field anyways. I will say that's always been my stance on giving him chances and I feel like I've been consistent the past few years during all this

With you, I feel like I get that...and yes, there are jokes NT has as of why is _____ in the league, but Kaep isn't; however, I vehemently believe some dudes take it way overboard and whether they believe it or not they definitely come across like Kaep can supplant so and so and said team will be winning games, yet no one...No one has explicitly said they'd want him as the starter of their team. It's always some other team that needs to give him a look. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, but when we talk backups? Yes, please. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:lol:

I think it's agreed in here that Kaep should be somewhere, but as I alluded to, it's one thing if he's a starter, but no one wants that microscope of the media on them for a guy who is a backup. See: Watson. It's jokes but it was Cleveland, but how many were ready to come around on the idea if it was their team that signed him?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With you, I feel like I get that...and yes, there are jokes NT has as of why is _____ in the league, but Kaep isn't; however, I vehemently believe some dudes take it way overboard and whether they believe it or not they definitely come across like Kaep can supplant so and so and said team will be winning games, yet no one...No one has explicitly said they'd want him as the starter of their team. It's always some other team that needs to give him a look. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, but when we talk backups? Yes, please. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:lol:
Naw I feel you bro. That's why I just said I want to see him in Renton at minimum. Like just start there for me when it's specific to Seattle.

It's a dumpster fire, like let Kaep get some damn reps Pete. I want Kaep to succeed but also this team is gonna stink. Not a thing to lose

Kaep taking 3rd QB money? If so, I would have loved to have had him backup Mariota the past few years.

There have been so many narratives regarding what Kaep would and wouldn't accepted contract wise, at different times, since he's been out. I really wonder what is and isn't true.

But zero doubt Kaep was blackballed initially, that will always be ugly and wrong.

backup QBs making extremely solid money these days

dont know what he was asking for.. but as a backup you could get 5-10 range

I think it's agreed in here that Kaep should be somewhere, but as I alluded to, it's one thing if he's a starter, but no one wants that microscope of the media on them for a guy who is a backup. See: Watson. It's jokes but it was Cleveland, but how many were ready to come around on the idea if it was their team that signed him?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don’t even think the microscope would be that bad, like anything else with league

as soon as the games start or some other shh happens, people will move on quick

I assumed when we signed Vick out of jail that would be a whole lot bigger deal.. or couple of the Tebow stops

backup QBs making extremely solid money these days

dont know what he was asking for.. but as a backup you could get 5-10 range

Some legit backups make extremely solid money, 3rd string QB's rarely do.

My point was it's not as simple 32 x 3 + Kaep not in the league, as was alluded to.

Some legit backups make extremely solid money, 3rd string QB's rarely do.

My point was it's not as simple 32 x 3 + Kaep not in the league, as was alluded to.

he might not be a starter, but as we see on a yearly basis aint 32 dudes who should be starters

but I do think he should be on that security blanket payment plan.. like chiefs paying henne 3.2, could only imagine what Andy woulda done with kaep

i don’t even think the microscope would be that bad, like anything else with league

as soon as the games start or some other shh happens, people will move on quick

I assumed when we signed Vick out of jail that would be a whole lot bigger deal.. or couple of the Tebow stops

In the simplest terms I can conjure up at this hour...when it comes to pissing, the worst a dog can do is piss on the carpet and it's deemed correctable behavior. To the ignorant, what Kaep did was akin to pissing on the flag, and the fact that they can't correct it is a threatening proposition.

That could be way off, but I really didn't know. :lol:

No sense in trying to make sense of something that makes no sense.

Last edited:
In the simplest terms I can conjure up at this hour...when it comes to pissing, the worst a dog can do is piss on the carpet and iit's deemed correctable behavior. To the ignorant, what Kaep did was akin to pissing on the flag, and the fact that they can't correct it is a threatening proposition.

i know what it is

we see it almost everyday or at least on a weekly basis, rich white men can overlook a hell of a lot when it’s convenient

like a lot of this sh they don’t care about the actual thing, it’s control and reminding people about who’s really in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom