2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Wagner has a cap hit of $2.5M this year

laughing14.gif

LEAN AND HANDSOME

An injury prone devante Parker at that

even if you say amari popped off on dak.. what's the reasoning on not grabbing wilson when his contract was very reasonable, you saw him in your offense with your QB, you know it's going take some time on gallup plus needing 3 WRs for 11

Last edited:
I hear ya, Pete. So about Kaepernick...

-foe

If a team signs him, he instantly becomes one of the better backups in the League, but that's with extreme optimism. He hasn't played in what? 5, 6 seasons/years? The blackmail nastiness aside, that's gotta be a factor.

You’re not wrong, you’re greedy.

The homie casper90403 casper90403 don't give an f and I do not blame him. :lol:

When was the last repeat champion? NE?...you never could stand still in the NFL, but now it seems that's x10...Rams doing everything they can to repeat. I respect that. But let's knock Casper and Co. down a peg...Rams gonna be right there anyway...NFC is weak.

If a team signs him, he instantly becomes one of the better backups in the League, but that's with extreme optimism. He hasn't played in what? 5, 6 seasons/years? The blackmail nastiness aside, that's gotta be a factor.

i really don’t get why certain teams don’t do it

ravens have a guy.. but would make a whole lotta sense for bills, cowboys, colts, broncos, browns, dolphins, jags, my team, Washingto, giants

prob missing a couple.. but if you have value of a guy using their legs in your offense or could, kaep looks like he’s still in good shape.. if he has to play let him use his legs while he gets more comfortable in the passing game

Goff, Baker, Mariota, Bridgewater, Wentz, Darnold, and Daniel Jones are all starting QBs in the NFL. Keenum, Foles, chase daniel, Joe flacco, Colt McCoy, Chad henne, AJ mccarron, Matt Moore, and Mike Glennon were on rosters in the last few years. Over the last few seasons teams called Phillip Rivers, Fitzpatrick, and the corpse of McCown to come off his couch to play games. Please stop making excuses as to why Kap didn't and won't get a shot.

You just skip over the first words he said?
You just skip over the middle words he said?

Of course you didn't, so I'm not even going to pretend like I think that you missed the part of what he said that applies to what dontsteponmyshoes dontsteponmyshoes said. Reading points A, B, and C and respinding to point A doesn't mean B & C were 'skipped over'. It simply means that's what that person wanted to respond to. That item was said, and they're responding to that item.

-foe

You just skip over the middle words he said?

Of course you didn't, so I'm not even going to pretend like I think that you missed the part of what he said that applies to what dontsteponmyshoes dontsteponmyshoes said. Reading points A, B, and C and respinding to point A doesn't mean B & C were 'skipped over'. It simply means that's what that person wanted to respond to. That item was said, and they're responding to that item.

-foe

saying how long a person has been out of the league, is a simple statement of fact

kaep obviously long deserved a job

but the nfl is hard, time away from anything will take a bit of adjustment

We all know the real reason Kaep won’t get another shot (his not being afraid to speak out). The problem is he’s a mediocre/average QB so his stance really punished him but they will continuously use his abilities as a scapegoat to why he isn’t playing. If he was a top QB like let’s say Lamar, do we think he wouldn’t be in the league still?

He’s still better than a large percentage of the current backups in the league, that’s for sure

We all know the real reason Kaep won’t get another shot (his not being afraid to speak out). The problem is he’s a mediocre/average QB so his stance really punished him but they will continuously use his abilities as a scapegoat to why he isn’t playing. If he was a top QB like let’s say Lamar, do we think he wouldn’t be in the league still?

He’s still better than a large percentage of the current backups in the league, that’s for sure
I know his last few seasons were average, but he was a Beyonce halftime show away from being a Super Bowl winning QB.

On the flip side of that equation, Joe Flacco still getting paid.

He was well below average as a passer. He was athletic, but once the league figured it out, it was a wrap. Harbaugh admitted they needed to cut the field in half for him. Everyone just glosses over that and equates the SB run all to Kaep with mostly his performances against GB seared in memory. :lol:

Flacco getting paid still...as a backup...and he been playing every season since that SB...Kaep, has not. I'll give him leeway for his athleticism, so he should have a spot, but how good he can still be is highly exaggerated and his playing days mostly misrepresented...he epitomized flash in the pan. I fought that battle years ago and all that opposed fell off...If you separate the 2 situations, Kaep is a highly qualified, possibly-exciting-for-a-game-or-two backup...nothing more.

Never believed in Kaep much as a QB. I never thought he was skilled passer in any sense and I didn't think he was a good decision maker in throwing situations.

Like 651akathepaul 651akathepaul alluded to, he caught lightening in a bottle that one Super Bowl run on the back of a really cohesive team unit and opponents who didn't known how to game plan for him because of his novelty more than his ability.

I'd be surprised as hell if in the last 5-6 years, there are a number of people here who can honestly say that strictly from a football/QB standpoint, they thought Kaep was the answer to their team's QB issue, or that he was a serious value-add at the position for their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom