2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this NYT article dropped 2 months earlier, Watson would still been a Texan & honestly exempt from the league currently.

We already knew the league did a halfassed investigation when we found out they didn’t talk to any victims or their lawyer.

The article would have at least made the NFL temporarily put all Watson trades & negotiations on pause and take real action. Watson also would never have had the leverage of demanding a fully guaranteed contract.

GOODT! Lord Nastee Boy™ needs the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. :smh:

Mans has a NFL gameday roster + the practice squad of masseuses.

Got rewarded with largest contract in NFL history for being a Super Saiyan deviant.

He not playing this year. Goodell with his BA don't want that PR nightmare on his hands.

He's of course gonna spin it about caring about women.

Insane :sick:

The league is an unflappable behemoth man...

Wonder if the Waltons follow the Kroenke'Rams model of just saying '**** it, we'll pay whatever it takes' :lol:

Mans has the ego of his cousin with a smidgen of the actual talent.

Lamar was hitting him with some nice passes too.

Hopefully Bateman steps up , Lamar needs more help in the passing game besides Mark Andrews.

Shouldn’t have gone before AJ or DK anyway

Texans were providing rooms and NDAs? Oh man

They gonna pull some Washington Football Team distraction and be like “don’t forget we signed a minority coach!”

I always said that was kind of ironic. Like there was something there about wanting out and then all of a sudden these civil suits come out. I was told I was being silly. Now it comes out the Texans we’re in on it and helping him. Funny.
I said the same thing since the beginning too. The timing was definitely fishy. Pretty sure some of these teams have "fixers" to do their dirty work/clean ups on the low.

I always said that was kind of ironic. Like there was something there about wanting out and then all of a sudden these civil suits come out. I was told I was being silly. Now it comes out the Texans we’re in on it and helping him. Funny.
TBH the Texans played it so good that they deserve an Oscar.

They acted like they were set on keeping him long term, however we now see it was just so they wouldn't get lowball offers and he would hold value. But at the same time, they pretty much let him sit all year and paid him his full salary, didn't even contest a cent of it, we never even questioned it :lol:

I also find the timing of his trade request and the news breaking curious. But it makes even less sense to me now why the Texans would want these allegations to come out if they could be implicated in it. At first the reasoning was why tank his trade value? And its not like they went directly to Goodell with concerns about his behavior. That would’ve been the way to “teach him a lesson” for wanting out, maybe get some of his salary back from that extension, and somewhat get ahead of it from a PR standpoint.

Or maybe they were scorned yet super calculated to the point they knew they could have Watson shamed publicly, but not criminally indicted so they could still make a worthwhile trade. I don’t dismiss any possibility when billions/billionaires are involved.

I said the same thing since the beginning too. The timing was definitely fishy. Pretty sure some of these teams have "fixers" to do their dirty work/clean ups on the low.

they definitely got former law enforcement or whatever on the payroll.. the amount of dirt they dig up come draft time would imagine that ain’t the only work they doing

Then you got whatever lawyers connected to the team, marketing and PR.. shh whatever businesses stand to benefit off of the team

I’ve changed my opinion now. Used to think these chicks were lying and do believe some probably are but dude is probably a rapist. Based on the volume of this and him still able to move about it’ll probably escalate (if it hasn’t already and just hasn’t come out) to something serious.

if you are a team like Chicago do you try and hone in on a DK Metcalf trade? seems like the best mix of age/talent for their team and his dad played for them (doesn't matter in reality but the bears meathead fans would eat this up). Admittedly I am a fan but if he is unhappy what do you guys think an acceptable package is for him? He would probably cost less than what Tyreke Hill was traded for, right?

if you are a team like Chicago do you try and hone in on a DK Metcalf trade? seems like the best mix of age/talent for their team and his dad played for them (doesn't matter in reality but the bears meathead fans would eat this up). Admittedly I am a fan but if he is unhappy what do you guys think an acceptable package is for him? He would probably cost less than what Tyreke Hill was traded for, right?
1st and a 3rd probably

Got damn! what a PATRIOT! aepps20 aepps20
tumblr_n7lgwbmpA91tp5nq6o1_1280.gif

MY DC LFG

Is DK expecting top 5 receiver money? I could see the Hawks not wanting to pay the man as they still have Lockett and now Fant at TE, hope they reach a deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom