2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've seen this floating around Twitter today. Honestly, I think LeBron would last a couple of rounds. Keep in mind that LeBron is an elite athlete in his own right, he's a foot taller than Mike Tyson and has a much longer reach. How often do boxers fight opponents who are a foot taller than them?

Also, assuming LeBron dedicated himself 100% to boxing I would imagine he would transform his body to be heavier. Mike Tyson via TKO in round four

Had no idea you smoke k2

Put that stuff down man, it rots your brain.

232539582_4953163601378791_6845554559004467703_n.jpg

Good morning, NT

Honestly, I think LeBron would last a couple of rounds. Keep in mind that LeBron is an elite athlete in his own right, he's a foot taller than Mike Tyson and has a much longer reach.

Also, assuming LeBron dedicated himself 100% to boxing I would imagine he would transform his body to be heavier. Mike Tyson via TKO in round four

LOLWAT?! :rofl::rofl:

B3A3A768-78CC-43AC-81CB-757690878BC8.jpeg

Ain't even one of the top 5 boxers ever.

D0D2AE26-3180-46BE-83D1-8DDC7389D685.gif

Dude watched Logan Paul go up against Floyd, and thought, “damn, if Logan did it, ANYONE CAN FIGHT!”

And wtf is Dunk Topic? These clown**** sites need to be stopped :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some dumb Gen Z likely posted that tweet thinking it’s some breakthrough ****.

that joel inbed nickname was so stupid and silly that it was so ****ing hilarious at the same time 😂

Good morning, NT

LOLWAT?! :rofl::rofl:

B3A3A768-78CC-43AC-81CB-757690878BC8.jpeg

D0D2AE26-3180-46BE-83D1-8DDC7389D685.gif

Dude watched Logan Paul go up against Floyd, and thought, “damn, if Logan did it, ANYONE CAN FIGHT!”

And wtf is Dunk Topic? These clown**** sites need to be stopped :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some dumb Gen Z likely posted that tweet thinking it’s some breakthrough ****.

Give me your top five boxers of all time, regardless of weight class.

As I said earlier: there are so many boxers that held titles longer, some who have 0 or 1 loss across decades, fought and defeated other all time greats and their primes and won across multiple weight classes. You really can't make an argument for Mike Tyson being in the top five. He certainly top five ever as far as influence and popularity but he's not a top five boxer ever.

Give me your top five boxers of all time, regardless of weight class.

As I said earlier: there are so many boxers that held titles longer, some who have 0 or 1 loss across decades, fought and defeated other all time greats and their primes and won across multiple weight classes. You really can't make an argument for Mike Tyson being in the top five. He certainly top five ever as far as influence and popularity but he's not a top five boxer ever.
what does this have to do with the topic at hand? Fine, Tyson isn't top 5. Does that now mean Lebron could hang a couple of rounds?

You changed the subject man.

Yeah, Schroder was trippin. They tried to do right for him and he gambled. Terrible analysis of the FA market and how much cap teams had. Not sure how he thought he was worth $25M per.

We always say the Harden x CP combo or LeBron x whoever won't work.

But this reeeeaaaallllyyy won't work out. This like bringing Horford back on the roster.

Mehhhh

$2M > $109M

nothing like bringing horford back

You have to understand NOONE was going to come here and we sure wasnt going to pay someone $5M-$10M a year for a back up to embiid

if it dont work out guess what ?? They release him big deal and it only cost us $2M and some change

Its totally worth a try andmay work out who knows

fooling yourself though if you think its a bad move

what does this have to do with the topic at hand? Fine, Tyson isn't top 5. Does that now mean Lebron could hang a couple of rounds?

You changed the subject man.

You're right. I 100% changed the topic. You laughed at the idea of Mike Tyson not being top five so I wanted to ask you for your list.

It's funny that so many boxing fans have Tyson in their top five without being willing to provide their top five. It's like in the NBA where an list have 20 players in their top 10.

Yall should have just spokeo'd Donnell Harvey, Marcus Haislip, Byron Mullens, Javtokas, before signing Drummond. He just emits toxicity. Hell, Luis Scola out there in Tokyo workin.

Lebby made Schroder not sign the 4/$84M when it was offered?
I'd assume no. Just looks similar to what happened with Clarkson, crowder, plus some others. When u look at their whole careers the years they played with lebron look like hiccups production wise.

Mehhhh

$2M > $109M

nothing like bringing horford back

You have to understand NOONE was going to come here and we sure wasnt going to pay someone $5M-$10M a year for a back up to embiid

if it dont work out guess what ?? They release him big deal and it only cost us $2M and some change

Its totally worth a try andmay work out who knows

fooling yourself though if you think its a bad move
We gonna need a capable big to play when Jo does sit. But the kangaroo in the room still remains

if -name redacted- is gone, it’s a perfect signing
If -name redacted- still here, BBall Paul gonna be playing the non Embiid minutes because again, we need specific players here for him since he’s such an enigma offensively

Lebby made Schroder not sign the 4/$84M when it was offered?
Yeah, Schroder was trippin. They tried to do right for him and he gambled. Terrible analysis of the FA market and how much cap teams had. Not sure how he thought he was worth $25M per.

Exactly! Schroeder was given a golden opportunity. He was given the starting point guard role on a championship contender and he blew it. The Lakers have been looking for a quality secondary playmaker since LeBron got to LA. Believe it or not LeBron doesn't want to have all of the playmaking duties.

Schroeder was given the starting job and played heavy minutes. LeBron even missed a large portion of a season giving Dennis the opportunity to be the primary ball handler for half the season and he still didn't show up. After AD went down in the playoffs, the Lakers were looking for anyone to provide offense and Schroeder scored exactly zero points.

Even in the middle of a lackluster regular season, the Lakers gave Dennis a generous contract and he chose to "bet on himself" nerlens Noel style and it backfired.

LeBron didn't stunt Dennis's growth, Dennis just isn't that good. He thinks he's better than he is. His ideal role is as a sixth man feasting on second units. He's not good enough or consistent enough to be a 30 mpg starting point guard in the NBA.

Schroder and Noel were teammates right after Noel played himself on that big contract offer.

He saw the worst possible scenario up close and personal and STILL went this route.

Schroder and Noel were teammates right after Noel played himself on that big contract offer.

He saw the worst possible scenario up close and personal and STILL went this route.

I understand players being confident and betting on themselves. For every Noel Like Jimmy Butler who bet on themselves and it worked out. Not to mention Dennis had leverage over the Lakers at the time the contract was offered. The Lakers were over the cap but could offer Dennis more money because they had his bird rights. At the time the Lakers had no way of replacing Dennis's production so he used this perceived leverage to wait on a larger contract.

Obviously he couldn't foresee the Russell Westbrook trade and the Lakers getting guys like Kendrick Nunn for the veteran minimum but I understand Dennis's logic at the time. Every summer we see crazy contracts get handed out. Luke Kennard was given $70m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom