2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Philly played themselves

You don't get to drag me through the mud and publicly shop me around then say "oh, yeah no sorry we're happy you're back!"

Ben gone be on a "i'm here so I don't get fined" kick if things don't get worked out.

Ben played himself, not Philly.

amitt5504 amitt5504 Moheezy Moheezy af1 1982 af1 1982 xxpizzo xxpizzo

This account isn’t verified and it’s the equivalent of the trade machine screen caps that get posted in here but what do you think of this - Benjamin to Sactown for Halliburton, Buddy and Brittle Bones Bagley? Not superstars but I actually like it tbh.

This account isn’t verified and it’s the equivalent of the trade machine screen caps that get posted in here but what do you think of this - Benjamin to Sactown for Halliburton, Buddy and Brittle Bones Bagley? Not superstars but I actually like it tbh.

Ideally, Id try to take Fox 1 fo 1 but a Halliburton/ Buddy package isn't so bad. I couldn't care less about Bagley but maybe he can fit better as a backup C. Drummond would have to go though (very doable)

3 years from now still a ways to go. It's not like US don't have really good young players in the pipeline. Zee On, Ice Tray, Cade, Mobley, etc. Ayton will probably be eligible to play for the US.

But as of now, we don't know if any of the future class is a generational talent yet. Before, it was always reassuring knowing that as long as the team had a Kobe, LeBron, or KD, they would be fine. For the first time in forever, we are headed that way

Throw in a pick/swap and deal

as long as you’re able to keep Maxey/Maltese you have some balance in now/later

Bagley is a nice gamble for the 3 C spot behind WebEmBiid and Drummond (I still prefer BBall Paul)

Backcourt group gets a bit crowded with Buddy, Hali, Maxey, Sous Chef, Good Dillon Brooks, Maltese, Shake, Springer

as long as that BAN off the team

Ben played himself, not Philly.
Ben secured his bag and he's bangin' instagram models and celebs. He's good.

Philly had legit rumored deals on the table and held out demanding a million picks or thinking Ben was worth a Dame or a Beal.

Now they're playing the "Oh we'll just keep him and be happy that way, too!" ... That's grasping at straws when you realize you've lost leverage you never really had.

It's crazy that Ben Simmons went from the centerpiece of a James Harden trade in January to being considered a scrub that nobody wants just a couple of months later.

Wonder if Morey's thinking is to get young assets/picks back for Simmons, so he can re-route the assets/picks for Lillard/Beal later on. Risky with Embiid's health though.

Ben secured his bag and he's bangin' instagram models and celebs. He's good.

Philly had legit rumored deals on the table and held out demanding a million picks or thinking Ben was worth a Dame or a Beal.

Now they're playing the "Oh we'll just keep him and be happy that way, too!" ... That's grasping at straws when you realize you've lost leverage you never really had.
We definitely ain’t keeping him. Everyone knows Ramona a plant lol

Wonder if Morey's thinking is to get young assets/picks back for Simmons, so he can re-route the assets/picks for Lillard/Beal later on. Risky with Embiid's health though.
That only works if Tobias the centerpiece of the 2nd trade. Because salary

Trade Ben to OKC. He deserves it.

He’ll have to officially change his name to “Non-Lottery Draft Pick” for OKC to even consider it.

Can we officially say the process malfunctioned? If the end goal was to never make the finals, there are many ways to do that without sending a team full guys that could have played in the Jordan era fore 4 staight years.

He’ll have to officially change his name to “Non-Lottery Draft Pick” for OKC to even consider it.

Can we officially say the process malfunctioned? If the end goal was to never make the finals, there are many ways to do that without sending a team full guys that could have played in the Jordan era fore 4 staight years.
The goal was to actually have a good team that can compete. You can never guarantee a championship. Instead of being in the 5-8 purgatory they are in 2nd round purgatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom