2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting in the HOf is diff than being considered a tip 50 player. You can get in the hall often times from longevity or being part of a winning team, but there’s levels to it, it’s like getting into a Club but then there being a VIP area

almost time for the womens basketball gold medal game then the volley ball gold medal game right after

I did not expect a girl named britney to look like that. scared the holely **** out of me

Both of those guys would have been the best players on their squad in their primes playing for 85 percent of the teams in the NBA at the time. But each of them had one of the best players ever as a teammate through most of their careers.
That's exactly it. I think the definition of role player is changing between the 2 demographics.

Calling James Worthy a role player player, the only way I can wrap my mind around that is "I mean, hes not Magic or Kareem, so he's a role player."

-foe

When I called James Worthy a role player I was being facetious. One of the prior posters called Draymond Green a role player.

What I was getting at is if a player with Draymond Green's accolades and accomplishments (DPOY, multiple time All-Star, multiple times all NBA and third best player on a title team and third best player on a 73 win team) is considered a role player, then many are there great players would be considered role players as well.

Without thinking about it literally at all, I'll go Jordan, Kobe, Jesus, Reggie, Gervin, Pistol, West, Iverson, Wade, Clyde.

-foe

A2E6D5C2-47E9-4959-93F5-A5553358827C.png

you been gone for a while. you arent familiar with niketalk extremes. you atributed to niketalk extremes with your legendary hate towards kobe and the lakers in your younger days.

nowadays on niketalk everyone is a zodogg, dobeedo, fresh, quik, shuges, etc. you get the point. so many are just trolls who deal in niketalk extremes known as hot takers. people who live in the moment looking for congratulatory appreciation with the extreme stuff they say.

the social media is a very bad place in the hands of mad men

you’re an old head like me and @DCAllAfrican. were too old to have that much hate in our hearts anymore

hate is a young man’s game

Facts.

We were young and most of us here pretty much kicked off the internet boom in terms of sneaker forums. And there weren't really any older heads to teach us any better so we was just some wild boys. :lol:

That's why nowadays I try to share a little knowledge with the younger generation that's visiting the site bc we done seen it all. And I can honestly say that having such negative energy is like bad karma man.

Son said on his dead homies he hate Steph. Damn... That's next level and I really hope dude didn't mean it like that. |l

Even I never went there.

By the time you grow up and start either having nieces/nephews, become a god parent, or even start having your own kids, you quickly realize how trivial A LOT of this **** is.

And you don't want to put that energy out there to come back on you or your loved ones.

Besides, I'm a LBJ fan (despite some of his ***** ways) and an AD fan since UK (despite some of his frail ways), so I can't root for the Lakers to just straight crash and burn anymore. :smh:

But I still fully support anyone else who does want to see that. :lol:

lakers needed kuzma to step up twice the last two seasons and he failed miserably.

luckily kcp picked up his slack offensively in the 2020 finals

this year he didnt do jack **** when ad went down.

so be ready for kuzma to talk alot of **** and not back it up

I’d love for him to be better than just an average role player but then again I DON’T.

good riddance

Feel sorry for Japan. They play hard but Usa is just bigger, stronger, and better.

think this will be japan’s first ever medal in womens basketball

you been gone for a while. you arent familiar with niketalk extremes. you atributed to niketalk extremes with your legendary hate towards kobe and the lakers in your younger days.

nowadays on niketalk everyone is a zodogg, dobeedo, fresh, quik, shuges, etc. you get the point. so many are just trolls who deal in niketalk extremes known as hot takers. people who live in the moment looking for congratulatory appreciation with the extreme stuff they say.

the social media is a very bad place in the hands of mad men

you’re an old head like me and @DCAllAfrican. were too old to have that much hate in our hearts anymore

hate is a young man’s game

Lakers Haters Thread was mostly jokes and entertainment man.

When Kobe passed, I was going to come and change the thread title to a dot.

But I couldn't even bring myself to visit S&T. I been mostly gone for like 10 years now. Came back here and there, last time being when the Jordan 34 dropped. But usually avoided S&T bc I could tell that a lot of **** had changed and I wasn't feeling a lot of the changes.

I know half of you won't believe me and the other half won't care, but him and Gigi's passing legit made me cry. Just like how Jordan can't delete his texts, I still got the memorial on my DVR and I can't bring myself to watch it. And I also can't bring myself to delete it.

I'm definitely not going to sit here and act like I've always loved Kobe all of a sudden. That would be disingenuous. But I'm also not a heartless bastard and I understand the finality of death and that he was a father and a husband and a HUMAN BEING above all.

I lost family and I lost friends in 2020. Honestly can say it was one of the worst years of my life. And Kobe's passing just set everything off.

So yeah, I don't look at none of this **** the same way nowadays.

lakers needed kuzma to step up twice the last two seasons and he failed miserably.

luckily kcp picked up his slack offensively in the 2020 finals

this year he didnt do jack **** when ad went down.

so be ready for kuzma to talk alot of **** and not back it up

I’d love for him to be better than just an average role player but then again I DON’T.

good riddance

I'll admit that Kuzma was put in a tough spot. Imagine going from having a permanent green light on a tanking team to all of a sudden having to find a role on a LeBron James led title contender. It would be tough on any young player and I respect him for adjusting and contributing to a title team.

That being said, it's laughable that he thinks the Lakers were holding him back. There were times last season when the team was begging for anyone not named LeBron or AD to score and he wasn't able to step up. He averaged over 30 mpg and was given ample opportunity. He's just not that guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom