2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
1628471825327.jpeg

That's dope to see, **** ain't look good for Gelo at one point but this is a nice start.

Just think it's a bigger leap to envision him putting together enough offensively to be able to be a true ceiling raiser compared to what Jalen brings to the table.

Feels much, much easier to see a path for Suggs to true superstar-dom.

Gelo always could shoot but like I don’t get his work ethic. You would think after not being drafted he would hire a trainer and get into peak shape/conditioning. He’s still the same body as before

Gelo always could shoot but like I don’t get his work ethic. You would think after not being drafted he would hire a trainer and get into peak shape/conditioning. He’s still the same body as before

I didn't watch the game yesterday but is conditioning an issue for him? The reason I ask is because not every athlete's body looks the same. Paul Pierce didn't gain an ounce of muscle tone for his entire career and was still getting buckets. Luka is one of the best players in the league and is still carrying some baby fat, same goes for the Joker

Just think it's a bigger leap to envision him putting together enough offensively to be able to be a true ceiling raiser compared to what Jalen brings to the table.

Feels much, much easier to see a path for Suggs to true superstar-dom.
There's a slew of people who think Suggs is something that he isn't.
I just don't think Suggs is a good enough shooter to peg him as a bonafide star. Could he really improve upon it, absolutely. I really like him a lot. Not really buying him being some completely different level of prospect though.

Barnes isn't a good shooter, but he also isn't a non-shooter. He's significantly more valuable defensively than Suggs because of his size and versatility. Better rebounder. Same level passer. To me, he's Ben Simmons-ish, but with a willingness to shoot and more competitive "fire" for lack of a better term.

Same tier to me.

Most players who end up being “Great” in the NBA are already regular rotation guys by year two/three and Bol isn’t even that yet.

His height, build and current skill set make him a kind of tweener. He’s not strong enough to defend bigs and rebound really effectively, but he’s not skilled enough to just be a wing.
Don’t think Bol was ever projected as a star …The problem is Denver hasn’t set a role for him, hopefully they give him a chance in the rotation this season or trade him somewhere to get mins

Think that’s just his body type, he’s not really “out of shape” just got that wide body like his pops :lol: while his bro’s look like typical hoopers

Gelo issue has always been they he can only do 1 thing and that’s shoot decently, no evidence of any other real basketball skills

Dubs might have something real interesting if they manage to bring in Spicy P...
It would give them a 3rd or 2nd option depending on how long it takes Klay to shake the rust off and less shots Dray, he can focus strictly on defense (even though his defense been getting overrated).

I thought Oden would be great, he had the tools, but his knees wouldn’t let him. I thought him and B. Roy were the goods, but those damn knees. I certainly don’t believe Oden was a bust, his knees just wouldn’t allow him to fully flourish.

Oden's knees are the reason Embiid went #3. Imagine if the Sixers ended up with Jabari Parker :sick:
Our lotto picks would have been Noel, Jabari, Jah, Simmons, Fultz

It would give them a 3rd or 2nd option depending on how long it takes Klay to shake the rust off and less shots Dray, he can focus strictly on defense (even though his defense been getting overrated).

He's such a good fit switching between 4 and 5 with Dray. Plus the gravity of Steph and Klay would mean that Siakim can go nuts on Spin Cycle.

Oden's knees are the reason Embiid went #3. Imagine if the Sixers ended up with Jabari Parker :sick:
Our lotto picks would have been Noel, Jabari, Jah, Simmons, Fultz
Sixers prob don’t get Jah, -name redacted-, Fultz if no Embiid.

14-15 Sixers with Jabari, MCW, Wroten, Noel would’ve still been bad but a fun/competitive bad. Probably not having a 26 game losing streak

I didn't watch the game yesterday but is conditioning an issue for him? The reason I ask is because not every athlete's body looks the same. Paul Pierce didn't gain an ounce of muscle tone for his entire career and was still getting buckets. Luka is one of the best players in the league and is still carrying some baby fat, same goes for the Joker
But they were drafted and playing tho. So the standards are different. Gelo should be running around the court like Reddick and rip Hamilton all game looking for the open shot. I need that kind of conditioning from him to stand out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom