2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
he barely gets runs with a deep Denver team, I would like to see him in a rebuilding team where he can get consistent minutes before making a decision.
The other side to the 'not getting minutes' defense is that minutes are earned, not just given out. Coaches want to win. Yeah, Denver is deep, but not so deep that if Bol was absolutely crushing it in practice, you still sit him in games. Similarly, Denver is not so deep that if Bol was crushing it the few minutes he did get in games, you continue to only give him a few minutes a week. Nah, if a player is crushing it in practice and in limited minutes, you increase his minutes.

-foe

The other side to the 'not getting minutes' defense is that minutes are earned, not just given out. Coaches want to win. Yeah, Denver is deep, but not so deep that if Bol was absolutely crushing it in practice, you still sit him in games. Similarly, Denver is not so deep that if Bol was crushing it the few minutes he did get in games, you continue to only give him a few minutes minutes a week. Nah, if a player is crushing it in practice and in limited minutes, you increase his minutes.

-foe

This makes sense. It might be time to just move Bol since you can still sell on potential.

lb.JPG

Bahahaha. Well if Gelo can consistently shoot at 40% from 3 in the SL and play decent defense I'd say he has a shot to make the team. We'll see how he fares in preseason though which could be a different story when he's playing with more guys that actually get burn in the league. From watching yesterday he did seem to get up and down the court at a good pace. He'll likely never be someone who can create his own shot but it looks like he's improved his release these past couple years and is capable of coming off screens and/or getting enough daylight to put up shots.

All joking aside if Gelo continues to play as well as he did he will probably get a camp invite (won't be on the final roster) and a D-League contract out of all this

And I would call that a success all things considered

I just think an NBA career is not gonna happen for dude. Too much bad luck and really bad decisions have compounded on one another to close his already verrryyyy small window

But then again, if Melo becomes a superstar, Gelo might be able to get his Thananis on. :smokin

Last edited:
hornets were down by almost 20 each time gelo jacked up a 3
mans gonna have to show more to earn a roster spot

but a 2 way deal is not out of the question
hornets already released 1 martin brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom