2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
240513236_5025799197448564_3122515970007491168_n.jpg
Also Chuck: "I hate superteams and ring chasing"

You just said what there was to celebrate. 70 from a 21 year. 11th highest scoring game ever. That’s a big confidence boost for a young man. He wasn’t popping bottles. It’s not stickied on his Twitter. 2 guys that played with him that game are in the NBA.

Life is too short. Careers are even shorter. Celebrate that moment. We all remember that Bron performance in the 2018 finals even though it was a loss. The NBA been spamming Jordan’s 63 point game against the Celtics for 35 years.

Your original post said that we would be crazy if we said we wouldn’t celebrate it. Even with what you mentioned, I still wouldn’t. I just have a different personal view on accomplishments. If I had a historic performance, irregardless of age, and lost I would spend my time wondering why it wasn’t enough or how I was able to get off like that and still lose. Especially if I was younger cat that was looked at as the future. There are also these other extenuating circumstances to consider in this specific situation:

-He only had 19 points at the half. They were down 23 at that point.
-He played 45 minutes.
-His teammates started fouling the C's to give Book extra possessions to score more points.
-Earl Watson was calling timeouts to advance the ball in garbage time.
-Book got to 70, lost by double digits AND managed to post a -6.

Even his contemporaries looked at his performance some type of way

It’s a nice performance when looked at out of context which is fine.Now he is an all-star on one of the top teams in his conference so that’s all that matters and all anyone wanted to see from him.

😂😂😂

Carmelo is really trying to rewrite history now. What the heck is he talking about? He took the first thing smoking out of Denver

Are folks just pretending to not understand how he meant it for the barber's sake?

“I don’t want to go, but if y’all going to rebuild, it’s time for me to go somewhere else.”

Scoring 70 points in that manner and taking an L? Nah famb. What is there to celebrate? It is a great accomplishment on paper by virtue of the fact it was only the 11th time it has happened in history but I personally wouldn’t celebrate under the specific circumstances of the situation. Kobe’s 62 in three quarters in a W over that Book performance.
Booker was 20, in his second year, the Suns were horrible, but Book was showing promise he could develop into a star because he was leading the team in scoring

The coaches kept him in the game and the team celebrated the accomplishment to keep a younger player's confidence up

I swear people act like Booker did this last season, or when he was an established all-star level player. That he was so full of himself he just had to chase and celebrate dropping 70

#StopTheBookerHate

Going back to a past discussion. Wonder what the NBA's numbers are.

Wow, that’s higher than I thought. Must just be because of all the focus the media puts on the anti-vaxxers. What I found could crazy is that the players have actually been pushing for daily testing since last season and have been angling for it more now with the delta variant and seeing vaccinated folks still getting the virus

But for whatever reason, the NFL is saying no and just now debating ramping up from every 14-days to every 7-days. Two weeks is too much time IMO.

Are folks just pretending to not understand how he meant it for the barber's sake?

“I don’t want to go, but if y’all going to rebuild, it’s time for me to go somewhere else.”

Because that wasn't what happened in 2010. It was all about getting him, Dwight Howard & CP3 together in Brooklyn.

He has the benefit of time, so he can "finally speak his truth" and there isn't going to be much push back against it.

Wow, that’s higher than I thought. Must just be because of all the focus the media puts on the anti-vaxxers. What I found could crazy is that the players have actually been pushing for daily testing since last season and have been angling for it more now with the delta variant and seeing vaccinated folks still getting the virus.

For whatever reason, the NFL is saying no and just now debating ramping up from every 14-days to every 7-days. Two weeks is too much time IMO.

The rosters right now are also at 80 players compared to 53 during the season. Have to assume a 2-3% percent of the fully vaccinated players are fringe guys who can't afford to miss time.

As far as the testing, 14 days is a lot between tests when vaccinated players can become infected with & spread covid. It also helps the NFL's bottom line in that there's less chance a star player has to sit a week.

Your original post said that we would be crazy if we said we wouldn’t celebrate it. Even with what you mentioned, I still wouldn’t. I just have a different personal view on accomplishments. If I had a historic performance, irregardless of age, and lost I would spend my time wondering why it wasn’t enough or how I was able to get off like that and still lose. Especially if I was younger cat that was looked at as the future. There are also these other extenuating circumstances to consider in this specific situation:

-He only had 19 points at the half. They were down 23 at that point.
-He played 45 minutes.
-His teammates started fouling the C's to give Book extra possessions to score more points.
-Earl Watson was calling timeouts to advance the ball in garbage time.
-Book got to 70, lost by double digits AND managed to post a -6.

Even his contemporaries looked at his performance some type of way

It’s a nice performance when looked at out of context which is fine.Now he is an all-star on one of the top teams in his conference so that’s all that matters and all anyone wanted to see from him.

you can break down the splits all you want. He was playing with family men. The Celtics sent every coverage at him. Two all league defenders were getting minutes. Even with all of Earl’s antics, you gotta stop that man from scoring and the Celtics couldn’t.
We ain’t about to be quoting Twitter fingers IT either.

Wow, that’s higher than I thought. Must just be because of all the focus the media puts on the anti-vaxxers. What I found could crazy is that the players have actually been pushing for daily testing since last season and have been angling for it more now with the delta variant and seeing vaccinated folks still getting the virus

But for whatever reason, the NFL is saying no and just now debating ramping up from every 14-days to every 7-days. Two weeks is too much time IMO.
Hell some organization making it a requirement for all staff to get vaccinated :nerd:

didn’t hear it from me

Booker was 20, in his second year, the Suns were horrible, but Book was showing promise he could develop into a star because he was leading the team in scoring

The coaches kept him in the game and the team celebrated the accomplishment to keep a younger player's confidence up

I swear people act like Booker did this last season, or when he was an established all-star level player. That he was so full of himself he just had to chase and celebrate dropping 70

#StopTheBookerHate
I have always been a Booker famb. I initially said that was my only criticism of him ever and then responded to addict’s assertion about how we would react by saying EYE personally wouldn’t celebrate 70 points in that particular fashion in a loss whether I was 20 or 40 or whatever.

It almost has nothing to do with Booker, specifically, as a player. More so the situation that he found himself in.

The nba hasn’t been the same since 2009-2010 - 2010-2011.

Melo should have taken the 3 year deal. Thengo to nyc or miami in 2010.

The nba was built on super teams

I don’t see anything wrong with superstars teaming up. It makes for great television. It’s a playoff atmosphere in every gym, and when said super teams loses in the regular season or playoffs/finals, it’s epic. That’s what sells tickets.

Teams just need to do bettter. Thank you Milwaukee

#StopTheBookerHate
When Bird dropped 63 on the 76ers, he did all the exact same things. He was taking shots when they were up and "should have" dribbled the clock out, missed, got the offensive rebound, and shot again and made it

Game of the year. My god. Still watch highlights of it. Melo with that dagger in Bron’s eye.

Bron passing in this game was crazy too. Both them dudes was super locked in.

Crazy fun matchup. That Melo jab-spin move used to have defenders LOST.

When Bird dropped 63 on the 76ers, he did all the exact same things. He was taking shots when they were up and "should have" dribbled the clock out, missed, got the offensive rebound, and shot again and made it

Bron played 41 minutes in his 61 point game against the bobcats. They won by 17 and Bron played 10 minutes in the fourth even though they were up 15. Bron took 9 shots in the 4th. No one else over 3.

we saw the warriors passing up open shots to get Klay the 3 point makes record. But again they don’t want to talk about that Matt

BAEEC475-59C4-4738-811B-C7160979DCA3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom