2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your original post said that we would be crazy if we said we wouldn’t celebrate it. Even with what you mentioned, I still wouldn’t. I just have a different personal view on accomplishments. If I had a historic performance, irregardless of age, and lost I would spend my time wondering why it wasn’t enough or how I was able to get off like that and still lose. Especially if I was younger cat that was looked at as the future. There are also these other extenuating circumstances to consider in this specific situation:

-He only had 19 points at the half. They were down 23 at that point.
-He played 45 minutes.
-His teammates started fouling the C's to give Book extra possessions to score more points.
-Earl Watson was calling timeouts to advance the ball in garbage time.
-Book got to 70, lost by double digits AND managed to post a -6.

Even his contemporaries looked at his performance some type of way

It’s a nice performance when looked at out of context which is fine.Now he is an all-star on one of the top teams in his conference so that’s all that matters and all anyone wanted to see from him.

There was stat padding with David Robinson too :lol: & at the end of Kobe’s 81. you’re not “organically” scoring that many points.

They lost so if you wanna criticize from that perspective go ahead, but I believe that entire team except TJ Warren is either out of the league or barely hanging on.

It was an amazing accomplishment for a 20 year old.

Nobody's not celebrating scoring 70. Many wouldn't publically just to be cognizant of the optics especially in a loss, but you're texting your family and people in your circle like did you see me tonight I was killin, I'm that dude, then you walk to the podium with a somber someone just killed my dog face and give the scripted, "all that matters is the team, we loss, we have to be better, take it 1 game at a time and keep grinding," nonsense response while inside you're still all... same for dunking on people especially in losses and other "meaningless" individual highlight plays

jonah-hill-yay.gif

When Bird dropped 63 on the 76ers, he did all the exact same things. He was taking shots when they were up and "should have" dribbled the clock out, missed, got the offensive rebound, and shot again and made it
>D
Bron played 41 minutes in his 61 point game against the bobcats. They won by 17 and Bron played 10 minutes in the fourth even though they were up 15. Bron took 9 shots in the 4th. No one else over 3.

we saw the warriors passing up open shots to get Klay the 3 point makes record. But again they don’t want to talk about that Matt

BAEEC475-59C4-4738-811B-C7160979DCA3.jpeg
>D

There was stat padding with David Robinson too :lol: & at the end of Kobe’s 81. you’re not “organically” scoring that many points.

They lost so if you wanna criticize from that perspective go ahead, but I believe that entire team except TJ Warren is either out of the league or barely hanging on.

It was an amazing accomplishment for a 20 year old.

I will mentally but I am done speaking on the topic. I would also like to note that similar to the Bird, Bron and Klay performances mentioned prior to you post that David Robinson and Kobe also won in their respective career high games.

I am not biased though and will admit that in the 11 games where players have scored 70 or more, their teams are 6-5.

Last edited:
Imagine if someone did this today, especially someone the media already didn't like like a Westbrook. You're up 8 bro with just seconds left, no shot clock and you shoot anyways to get 60. Someone from the other team should meet you in the locker room with the hands, instead the Hawks are all celebrating like they're fans who bought tickets when Bird hit his last couple shots

Imagine if someone did this today, especially someone the media already didn't like like a Westbrook. You're up 8 bro with just seconds left, no shot clock and you shoot anyways to get 60. Someone from the other team should meet you in the locker room with the hands, instead the Hawks are all celebrating like they're fans who bought tickets when Bird hit his last couple shots

“back in my day there’s no way they would let a guy get away with that. The 80s was real basketball”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom