2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m old enough to remember when NTers were killing Booker for not winning and well look here that bad team he couldn’t win with is out of the league.
I know it was a bit more than two seasons but the only criticism I have of Young Book is celebrating the most vapid 70+ performance that resulted in a loss. Even if he was only 19.

Pretty much what lawdog1 lawdog1 said. Since it was pretty much Rachel’s show and she’s gone now, they are using this an opportunity to re-tool which makes a lot of sense from a company perspective.

I have no intel to back this up but my logic makes me think that they’ll have this new show up and running by the start of the season otherwise they’ll be exclusively CFB and NFL with a little MLB/World Series sprinkled in around opening night.

interested to see which talent they will keep to be on the shows

It's weird Melo is saying two completely different things more than 10 years after the fact.

It doesn't add up and if that was the case why not just say that in the first place. He took a lot of heat for Denver if that's the case and he really didn't have too.

Looking back on it, 10 years after--It's still strange how things never really corroborated with the story and optics of the whole situation. Melo said he wanted to leave, because management was ready to gut out the veterens with bloated contracts, and move towards a younger roster, which effectively meant losing would be eminent.

Melo ends up forcing a trade (because he wanted his extension and money) with the Knicks who had to give up all their assets to acquire him, which puts him in the same situation as he was in Denver. LaLa also brokered the deal, pushing for the Knicks and Melo to make the trade happen.

I think if Melo was really about winning, he would've waited till the offseason, signed with the Knicks and had a much better supporting cast around him.

But I guess hindsight is 20/20 and those 2010-2013 time period was pretty exciting for the Knicks. Tough luck on a lot of moving parts. Team should've had more success than he actually did (not saying they could've won).

Melo revisionist on full tilt. We also forget that Lala was trying to get her acting career poppin around tha my time also. She got a reality show with VH1 from the trade. Nice try Melo.

but I’ll give him this. I genuinely believed he wanted to win in Denver and then ripping that team apart was dumb. The following season in ‘10 they got knocked out in the first round by Utah and the interim at the time Adrian Dantley looked way in over his head. Hasn’t coached since.

Adrian Darnley is up there with Kurt Rambis as one of the worst coaches of all time.

The 09-10 Nuggets season was wasted. That team was good enough to go right back to the WCF. But George Karl cancer and injuries blew it.

Melo lying tho. He wanted out in the 10-11 season from the jump, to form a “super team”. Everybody was trying to follow Bron lead. Team up with stars in a big market.

Dwight
Dwill
Melo
Cp3

Chauncey wanted to stay in Denver too. His wife was mad as ****, he was included in that trade :lol:

y’all crazy to say you wouldn’t celebrate scoring 70. Stop lying to yourselves
Scoring 70 points in that manner and taking an L? Nah famb. What is there to celebrate? It is a great accomplishment on paper by virtue of the fact it was only the 11th time it has happened in history but I personally wouldn’t celebrate under the specific circumstances of the situation. Kobe’s 62 in three quarters in a W over that Book performance.

Adrian Darnley is up there with Kurt Rambis as one of the worst coaches of all time.

The 09-10 Nuggets season was wasted. That team was good enough to go right back to the WCF. But George Karl cancer and injuries blew it.

Melo lying tho. He wanted out in the 10-11 season from the jump, to form a “super team”. Everybody was trying to follow Bron lead. Team up with stars in a big market.

Dwight
Dwill
Melo
Cp3

Chauncey wanted to stay in Denver too. His wife was mad as ****, he was included in that trade :lol:

I remember reading this article. There was major talks of CP3, Amare and Melo going to New York. I think that would've been a Hell of a team. Too bad things happened differently.

Chauncy was going to leave Denver no matter what the case was. Denver (Masai Ujiri was the GM at the time), looking go younger and shed bloat on their books. Billups was slated to be shown the door.

Scoring 70 points in that manner and taking an L? Nah famb. What is there to celebrate? It is a great accomplishment on paper by virtue of the fact it was only the 11th time it has happened in history but I personally wouldn’t celebrate under the specific circumstances of the situation. Kobe’s 62 in three quarters in a W over that Book performance.

You make a very valid point, but we live in a world where W's & L's don't matter as much anymore. It's all about volume, which is the sentiment of what is important.

I mean look at LeBron--Homie made it to like 10 NBA Finals and lost 6 of them. Chocked in one he should've won, but many consider him the GOAT because of the sheer volume. Book dropping 70 was enough to be crowned that night. These players grew up in an era of participation awards. Wins and Losses never mattered :emoji_laughing:

Always interesting to see draft classes ready to move on from their incumbent teams.

2003-2005 (LeBron, Melo, CP3, D-Will) were all ready to move on by 2010-11. From 2006-2010 it was Love, PG and to lesser extent DRose forced their way out. 2011-2012 (Kyrie, Kawhi, AD) had their run just a few years ago. Giannis/Gobert from 2013 seem happy enough, no one from 2014-2016 forcing anything besides Ben Simmons. :lol:

I remember reading this article. There was major talks of CP3, Amare and Melo going to New York. I think that would've been a Hell of a team. Too bad things happened differently.

Chauncy was going to leave Denver no matter what the case was. Denver (Masai Ujiri was the GM at the time), looking go younger and shed bloat on their books. Billups was slated to be shown the door.

The team wasn’t “old”. And their books were coming up anyway (Kenyon Martin)

At the time…Aaron Aaflalo was coming into his own at SG. He was young as hell, and looked at as a good starting guard.

They just drafted Ty Lawson I’m 09, and it was he was on Chauncey heels by year 2.

They had a still good/young JR Smith.

Nene was 28. Al Harrington came over as a good vet.

They had a prime Melo, surrounded by the right mix of Vets/Young players. He just wanted out, to chase the big market, and get his money before the lockout.

Like you said, he could’ve easily played out the 10-11 season with the Nuggets, and hit FA.

You make a very valid point, but we live in a world where W's & L's don't matter as much anymore. It's all about volume, which is the sentiment of what is important.

I mean look at LeBron--Homie made it to like 10 NBA Finals and lost 6 of them. Chocked in one he should've won, but many consider him the GOAT because of the sheer volume. Book dropping 70 was enough to be crowned that night. These players grew up in an era of participation awards. Wins and Losses never mattered :emoji_laughing:
All Wins and Losses Matter!!11!

At the time…Aaron Aaflalo was coming into his own at SG. He was young as hell, and looked at as a good starting guard.

They just drafted Ty Lawson I’m 09, and it was he was on Chauncey heels by year 2.

They had a prime Melo, surrounded by the right mix of Vets/Young players. He just wanted out, to chase the big market, and get his money before the lockout.

Like you said, he could’ve easily played out the 10-11 season with the Nuggets, and hit FA.
All very true, but I think everyone was also scared of the new CBA because of what LeBron did. :lol:

Always interesting to see draft classes ready to move on from their incumbent teams.

2003-2005 (LeBron, Melo, CP3, D-Will) were all ready to move on by 2010-11. From 2006-2010 it was Love, PG and to lesser extent DRose forced their way out. 2011-2012 (Kyrie, Kawhi, AD) had their run just a few years ago. Giannis/Gobert from 2013 seem happy enough, no one from 2014-2016 forcing anything besides Ben Simmons. :lol:

Funny that out of everybody listed in your post that Ben is about to be the only one whose request was completely ignored :lol:

Malcontent Simmons is going to be a sight to see. He’s gonna go out there and average 10/6/5 to force Philly’s hand.

NBA players already giants, but playing on a small *** community center court. Sheesh. And peep the tape on the ground to mark the nba 3

Trae Young, Carmelo Anthony, Bradley Beal, Kelly Oubre, Enes Kantner, RJ Barrett, Spencer Dinwiddie, Andre Roberson,

You just said what there was to celebrate. 70 from a 21 year. 11th highest scoring game ever. That’s a big confidence boost for a young man. He wasn’t popping bottles. It’s not stickied on his Twitter. 2 guys that played with him that game are in the NBA.

Life is too short. Careers are even shorter. Celebrate that moment. We all remember that Bron performance in the 2018 finals even though it was a loss. The NBA been spamming Jordan’s 63 point game against the Celtics for 35 years.

Privately, hell yes, I’d be like “damn, I really scored 70. I’m nice.” But taking a smiling picture with my teammates holding up a 70 sign after an L? No, I don’t think I’d do that.

Dwight
Dwill
Melo
Cp3

No lies detected. Folks around town were HEATED in 09-10. Dantley was simply awful. That team had no business losing in the first round. Chauncey is a hometown legend and his wife was indeed mad.

All very true, but I think everyone was also scared of the new CBA because of what LeBron did. :lol:

They were rightfully terrified of the new CBA. Everything was up in the air themed It all came back to Melo taking the extra year during the rookie extension for the 03 class tho. That set off a chain of events.

When Bron/Bosh/Dwade smartly didn’t take the extension, and made them free agents a year earlier in 2010.

Melo my guy, but he shedding a lot of accountability and trying to rewrite history on why he didn’t win.

The cold truth is he was a hair below championship level star that could push a team to ultimately win the entire thing. And he played in the toughest western conference of all time. And had some bad timing and in the moment decision making instead of long term thinking.

People love Melo, cause he’s a good dude and identifiable. Especially around the league. They won’t tell him the truth tho :lol:

Fixed

09-10 Melo might’ve been his best regular season too. That’s the cold part. 13-14 Melo probably his best overall.

Get my Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 on, ya'll were too small. Bynum, Gasol, Odom would've pounded on Nene, Kenyon and Birdman up front. Kobe was probably at his peak. Phil vs George Karl. :lol: Melo vs Artest would've been fun though.

I agree with you. But the narrative around that time was Denver was looking to shed off the fat and going "younger" We all know that was a half-truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom