2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen such oppression as a Black Man than I'm seeing right now. Why are da sniffles getting this much play?

the avy change.....

tenor (3).gif

I don't understand some of y'all. 70 points is 70 ****ing points. Especially in an NBA game.

These are grown *** men we're talking about. I don't think they're going to just let another man drop a 70 deuce on their chests without putting up some sort of fight.

Last edited:

watching it now, don't know if it's good or accurate or not. Seems like
they're maybe going to suggest he had a BMX biking accident that messed up his shoulder

Watched it, good video

no answers to what actually happened. Sad situation.

in the video the narrator gives his opinion that the shoulder and F’ed up jumper problems happened before the summer league ankle injury, even though his shot looked pretty good. A little different than college but to me it was pretty damn close. Narrator said he thought whatever f’ed him up happened before that, but I disagree

something definitely happened when he stepped away after that ankle injury, that’s the mystery. And some of the stuff his trainers had him doing was so bizarre. The most bizarre of course was the finger tap ball raise up on the free throw. What the hell…

Would be disappointing if it turned out to be a BMX accident that deformed his jumpshot. It's really sad when you see these young rookies suffer self-inflicted injuries like that. Guess the genesis of it is a false sense of invincibility.

Unsurprising and lame.

A lot of it is fueled behind jealously and racism. Rich Paul is 39 (relatively young in this line of work) didn't go to law school. He didn't have prior experience. He was just a friend to LeBron and picked it up as he went along. Also built rapport with other players around the league who can identify with him, which they struggle to do with older white guys who did go to law school and go by the name "Happy" Walters 🤣

Same is applicable to journalists as well. A lot of these older journalists are retiring, because they can no longer stay "in touch" with the modern NBA player.

Jones Jr doesn't have value. Gotta give up something in order to bring in Nance. He should be solid for them. Better (or at least healthy and available) version of what they wanted from Zach Collins.

Nance is a great pickup for Portland, which is why I hate this move.

Jones can bring some much needed defence to the Bulls plus they get a pick. Lauri is definitely at his lowest value though so let's see what the Cavs will do with him.

I should add this to my comment above: Had Nerlens Noel never messed up his hand and didn't miss all those games, he probably would've gotten a deal similar to what Capela got some years ago. I believe it was close to the $90mm range. That's $20mm shy of what the extension was from Philly.

No one told Noel to take Paul's advice. If it were me, I wouldn't have turned down that kind of money.

If Rich Paul didn’t take team’s calls on Noel, how is that not seriously negligent?

It would be and arguably a breach of his fiduciary duty to Noel as an agent, but to prevail in the lawsuit (if it goes to court, which it won't), Nerlens will have to prove that actually was the case with evidence other than just hearsay stories from third-parties. I'm sure the Klutch camp is going to outright deny the allegations Nerlens made in his complaint and force him to prove all of it.

If Rich Paul didn’t take team’s calls on Noel, how is that not seriously negligent?

This is why a lot of people around the league believe this will get settled outside of court. Rich Paul obviously didn't try his best for Noel. But this is probably the few times you get burned for leaving the guy you had before.

Happy Walters is a respected sports agent too.

It would be and arguably a breach of his fiduciary duty to Noel as an agent, but to prevail in the lawsuit (if it goes to court, which it won't), Nerlens will have to prove that actually was the case with evidence other than just hearsay stories from third-parties. I'm sure the Klutch camp is going to outright deny the allegations Nerlens made in his complaint and force him to prove all of it.
It's undoubtedly a breach of his fiduciary duty if in-fact true. Tough lawsuit to win though without some of these teams actually coming forward themselves, which probably isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom