2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Cousy handles different 🔥

1630425483871.gif

Man I'd be all-nba. But Jim Crow and what not.

As for the frat talk I literally had it earlier this morning in real life

Basically all the things said in here were said

Hazing is stupid and I already have a brother I don't see enough and I didn't need to get branded to call him my brother

Also the black co-opting of white college "Greek" culture never made any sense to me. Why would we sign up to treat each other the way white people in frats were treating each other? The way they wish they could still treat us? We had an opportunity to do it better and just did the same stupid juvenile ****, but with dancing!

As for the frat talk I literally had it earlier this morning in real life

Basically all the things said in here were said

Hazing is stupid and I already have a brother I don't see enough and I didn't need to get branded to call him my brother

Also the black co-opting of white college "Greek" culture never made any sense to me. Why would we sign up to treat each other the way white people in frats were treating each other? The way they wish they could still treat us? We had an opportunity to do it better and just did the same stupid juvenile ****, but with dancing!
I always thought frats were corny

I think this is school dependent. From my experience and what I observed from my friends at other universities, It's often the case that a lot of college co-eds are attracted to dudes specifically because they are in certain fraternities which is the sole reason why people join. The same can be said of sororities too. In both case it's just because they carry some imaginary "status" on campus.
I was in a Frat my freshman/sophomore years in college. The only form of hazing was them yelling brotherhood **** at you for a couple hours a week and making you do push ups.

They realized I wasn't paying dues and only showing up at parties to smash the white womens so they kicked my black *** out :rofl:

Looking back, it was a waste of time, but I don't regret it because I smashed A LOT of *****es and made connections I would have never even made had I not joined.

you guys talking about bumping out the old guys but the real question is are their more than 25 guys deserving to be on the new list?

who are the 25 guys who should be added?

you guys talking about bumping out the old guys but the real question is are their more than 25 guys deserving to be on the new list?

who are the 25 guys who should be added?

There were a couple lists posted yesterday evening:
Not 100% sure yeah I think they’re keeping the OG 50 and just adding 25 more players. Players from the last 25 years to be added should include:

Of course Kobe & Lebron.
Speculating on: Dwight, Carmelo, Russ & AD

Other Locks will probably be:
Dirk
Duncan
KG
KD
Curry
Kidd
Harden
Nash
Giannis
Wade
AI
Kawhi
Cp3
TMac?

Dominique Wilkins got snubbed last time so he’ll probably be included this time.

That’s already 21 players :lol:

Thinking about the players that could be added to the 75th anniversary team

- Lebby
- Bean
- Steve
- PHA
- Harden
- Duncan
- KG
- DWade
- Dirk
- Gianny
- AI
- Dominique
- Nash
- Jason Kidd
- Gary Payton
- Ray Allen
- CP3
- Melo
- Russ
- Dikembe
- Reggie Miller
- TMac (?)
- Vince (?)

How many of yall could make All NBA in the 40s?

This is always been a weird discussion point to me. Of course, if you drop even a modern average Power 5 college athlete into the NBA in the 1940s, they would likely be one of the best players in the league.

Dropping someone who takes advantage of modern training, nutrition, equipment into and all white league where guys had two jobs in the off-season and were playing with Converses would be laughable. I don't think that should be the standard though. All you can do is compare athletes to the competition and the era they played in.

Who knows, 70 years from now there might be genetically engineered players with cybernetic enhancements in the NBA. people will say "How would Michael Jordan compare to these cyborgs? He'd barely be in the league!"

I'm not a Philly fan and I'm not familiar with the locker room situation with the Sixers so forgive me but was Ben Simmons not well-liked in the locker room? Between doc Rivers comments after the game 7 loss ("I don't know if Ben can be the point guard of a championship team"), Embiid throwing him under the bus after the game and now Danny Green openly talking about life after Ben's departure in detail, I'm starting to get the vibe that maybe people didn't like it Ben Simmons.

I'm not a Philly fan and I'm not familiar with the locker room situation with the Sixers so forgive me but was Ben Simmons not well-liked in the locker room? Between doc Rivers comments after the game 7 loss ("I don't know if Ben can be the point guard of a championship team"), Embiid throwing him under the bus after the game and now Danny Green openly talking about life after Ben's departure in detail, I'm starting to get the vibe that maybe people didn't like it Ben Simmons.

starting?

EYE mean if you have a wide open layup in game 7 put pass it because you afraid to shoot FTs I wouldn’t like you

at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom