2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia State. :emoji_hugging:

Definitely isn't a traditional campus, your *** be walking all over downtown trying to get to your different classes.

The football and basketball programs didn't really become a thing until I was getting ready to graduate.

We most definitely probably went there at the same time :lol:. 08-12 :pimp:

Bruh, how? Not saying you're lying but 33 sounds crazy. Do you remember what each interview was for? Was it a STEM role with a bunch of practical exercises? Was it 33 behavior ("tell a time you did this..."how do you handle that") type interviews. Please break it down because 33 sounds like overkill.

Imagine going through that many rounds to hire every employee. That people who work their would be in interviews all day!

It's usually a mix of technical and behavior questions. This doesn't happen often. It's usually only for the kids who are coming in for a summer internship that's 10 weeks long. But, at the end of the internship, they give you a full-time offer if they like you.

So, usually this internship is only for Juniors going into their senior year. And if you're good enough (about 75% of the interns), they give you a full time offer once you're done with undergrad. So, you enter into senior year knowing you got a job waiting for you once you're done.

These kids make $110k base, with $200k all in ($110 + singing bonus + end of year bonus)

Bruh, how? Not saying you're lying but 33 sounds crazy. Do you remember what each interview was for? Was it a STEM role with a bunch of practical exercises? Was it 33 behavior ("tell a time you did this..."how do you handle that") type interviews. Please break it down because 33 sounds like overkill.

Imagine going through that many rounds to hire every employee. That people who work their would be in interviews all day!
Lol yeah... We have super days tomorrow... It's basically lighting an entire work day on fire.

It was for the same place I still work now. They were all behavioral except for the last guy who came in with a bunch of technical questions I was not prepared for.

He was actually a super solid dude, He's someone I used to play football with in high school.

At first he went to a school called Georgia State and he pledged a white fraternity. This white fraternity at Georgia State was pretty diverse (had black guys, Hispanic guys, Indians, etc). Then he transferred to UGA and the same white fraternity at a different school had literally never had a single black member (and we're talking about the late 00s). The white fraternity just had a completely different feel at a different school. Georgia State is in downtown Atlanta is a lot more diverse than UGA, a school in a rural college town.

His junior year at UGA he pledged Alpha and just never mentioned his past affiliation.
GSU the best school in the state :pimp: , yo shoulda never left that was his 1st mistake :smh:

Klutch acting like this over -name redacted-….not an Embiid or a Beal or a Tatum……but -name ****ing redacted-

this a dude who could’ve easily had the entire city on his back if he made a ****ing layup…..but nah

man **** em

-end rant |l

Put some respect on Ben Simmons
Guys a 3 time all star
Roy
2x all nba first team
All nba third team

So, it's either Clippers or Warriors for Ben Simmons?
I was just texting my brother (blood, not frat) about this and I don’t understand why folks think the Sixers are obliged to honor Benjamin’s wishes. I know the whole player relationships in the future thing but they just signed Embiid to a Super Max. They would be foolish to not make the trade that surrounded Embiid with the most talent to compete for just to appease Benjamin. And Rich is trying to take Maxey off their hands too? FOH.

I was just texting my brother (blood, not frat) about this and I don’t understand why folks think the Sixers are obliged to honor Benjamin’s wishes. I know the whole player relationships in the future thing but they just signed Embiid to a Super Max. They would be foolish to not make the trade that surrounded Embiid with the most talent to compete for just to appease Benjamin. And Rich is trying to take Maxey off their hands too? FOH.

I used to think this way, but then Sheriff Jimbo forced his way to the Nets when he still had multiple years left on his deal. It seems nowadays teams don't want to ride out a ****** situation with a disgruntled star for long.

It does hurt Philly in trying to make a trade because basically everybody that signed these new deals isn't eligible until Dec 15th to be traded and Ben has a significant salary number to match. I don't think the Warriors actually want him from the reports and until Dame actually asks out the Blazers are off the table. Training camp is in a month, I don't think it's tenable to allow this to drag out to the season, word to Harden but their options aren't really great right now.

I used to think this way, but then Sheriff Jimbo forced his way to the Nets when he still had multiple years left on his deal. It seems nowadays teams don't want to ride out a ****ty situation with a disgruntled star for long.

Very good example. Do we know of any better offers that Houston turned down (aside from Philly out of spite)? I also recall Miami wasn’t willing to come up off Herro so that’s why Jim didn’t go there. I don’t recall anything other than those three. Maybe Toronto?

I'd honestly just ship his *** to Cowtown, could probably fleece the Kings with how terrible their front office is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom