2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember you mentioning the 33 interviews. No matter how you cut it that’s ridiculous but can you conceptualize that for us? I imagine it wasn’t 33 hours in interview time and that some of them like 5 to 15 minute chats? All in-person? Over several months? It’s just hard to fathom :lol:

It's called a super day...I used to interview kids that did this process at the exact place antidope antidope works at now.

It's not 33 hours worth of interview time. It's more of a whole day consisting of interviewing several people across several groups. If you're REALLY good, they call you in the evening to let you know you got the job.

I remember you mentioning the 33 interviews. No matter how you cut it that’s ridiculous but can you conceptualize that for us? I imagine it wasn’t 33 hours in interview time and that some of them like 5 to 15 minute chats? All in-person? Over several months? It’s just hard to fathom :lol:

I think he's just exaggerating when he says 33 interviews. It's literally a waste of a companies time to have a candidate go through 33 interviews. I'm in a position where I'm part of the interview process for candidate and it takes up alot of my time. The most I've ever heard of is 10 (which is still crazy). The most I've ever experienced in 9

1. phone screening with a recruiting
2. phone interview with a mid-level guy
3. phone interview with a higher level guy
rounds 4-9 were on-site over the course of one long day (five 30 minute interviews). They flew me to their headquarters, gave me a tour of the campus, and I interviewed w/ 5 members of the team. The final round was with the guy who would be my boss over lunch....all that and I still didn't get the job. 0] I was heated!

I couldn't imagine 30+ rounds of interviewing, at that point you're just getting the run around.

So if the Lakers had #1 y’all taking him still 🤔
I don't know but probably. You mentioned okafor, Lakers damn sure weren't drafting him. Mitch roasted tf outta him after they took D'lo. Said something like we've had plenty of talented bigs throughout the years and if there was a player of that caliber available they would've picked him :lol:

HBCU's are like 18 to 1 women to men breh breh.
Growing up/living by an HBCU was great, the chicks gotta go in the neighborhood to find new dudes…Had access to the campus and all the biddies like we went there too :lol: :pimp: …The joints was giving it up so much that it was like maximum security trying to get into some of them dorms tho, that was the only problem :smh:

Crash the frat parties and they can’t say/do **** cuz they round our way :lol: , shout out to the Q dawgs they always had the ho’s extra wildin at their functions

Last edited:
I don't know but probably. You mentioned okafor, Lakers damn sure weren't drafting him. Mitch roasted tf outta him after they took D'lo. Said something like we've had plenty of talented bigs throughout the years and if there was a player of that caliber available they would've picked him :lol:
You get my point. All I’m saying is things ain’t gonna be same if you swapped players

I think he's just exaggerating when he says 33 interviews. It's literally a waste of a companies time to have a candidate go through 33 interviews. I'm in a position where I'm part of the interview process for candidate and it takes up alot of my time. The most I've ever heard of is 10 (which is still crazy). The most I've ever experienced in 9

rounds 4-9 were on-site over the course of one long day (five 30 minute interviews). They flew me to their headquarters, gave me a tour of the campus, and I interviewed w/ 5 members of the team. The final round was with the guy who would be my boss over lunch....all that and I still didn't get the job. 0] I was heated!

I couldn't imagine 30+ rounds of interviewing, at that point you're just getting the run around.
I am not exaggerating, it was literally 33 interviews.

Tryna get up out of there and probably head west

I can see it. Forgot Zach an FA this upcoming offseason.

Other than Bron/AD….who else have the Lakers committed to past 21-22? Russ got a player option in the off-season. A lot of small contracts and room for one big one.

Zach would be wild for turning down a Supermax in Chicago tho. But who knows. Idk how it could work…but him and Klutch could play hardball if **** go sour during the season…and demand a S&T to LA for Russ contract and picks or something like that.

Typical "Super Day" Interview at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank consists of meetings from 9am all the way to 4-5pm, with an hour break around noon.

8 hours and each hour you meet with an average of 4 people.

That's 32 different people you're talking to. We're not even counting the HR phone stuff/screenings.

I'm interested to know the truth behind the potential Simmons-Harden swap last year. If that could have been a thing Morey goofed.
Amazing that he (and to a lesser extent, bubble Tyler Herro) went from being mentioned in potential packages to acquire Harden and their teams thinking they were too valuable to now we're debating if Simmons can even get you Malcolm Brogdon. They're gonna have to do a Presti and just settle for somebody with a pulse still on rookie scale and a few pick swaps and frp's.

I am not exaggerating, it was literally 33 interviews.

Bruh, how? Not saying you're lying but 33 sounds crazy. Do you remember what each interview was for? Was it a STEM role with a bunch of practical exercises? Was it 33 behavior ("tell a time you did this..."how do you handle that") type interviews. Please break it down because 33 sounds like overkill.

Imagine going through that many rounds to hire every employee. That people who work their would be in interviews all day!

It’s crazy that GSU is now a Minority-Majority Black, PWI, that is thriving. When I went there, it may have still been a slightly white majority.

Trying to explain GSU to people outside of Georgia is a mind ****. Asians, Black Folk, Hispanics. Great basketball program. Burgeoning football program. Sistas. Flavas. Access to downtown. What used to be a reasonable tuition. Weird “campus”. Hella progressive for Georgia and still, no real feel of that old school “college” life :lol:.

Georgia State. :emoji_hugging:

Definitely isn't a traditional campus, your *** be walking all over downtown trying to get to your different classes.

The football and basketball programs didn't really become a thing until I was getting ready to graduate.

9/5/2/2 5 fouls
🔥
and that's only the first half. fouls included
youngsabu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom