2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers had Ingram, Russell and Randle and all were at the bottom of the league the following season.
Randall was hurt his rookie year. Had he played the whole season, are the still picking 2nd?

if the Lakers took Okafor or KP instead of DLo, are they still picking 2nd the next year?

everything ain’t gonna always play out the same if you swap player A with player B

He was actually a super solid dude, He's someone I used to play football with in high school.

At first he went to a school called Georgia State and he pledged a white fraternity. This white fraternity at Georgia State was pretty diverse (had black guys, Hispanic guys, Indians, etc). Then he transferred to UGA and the same white fraternity at a different school had literally never had a single black member (and we're talking about the late 00s). The white fraternity just had a completely different feel at a different school. Georgia State is in downtown Atlanta is a lot more diverse than UGA, a school in a rural college town.

His junior year at UGA he pledged Alpha and just never mentioned his past affiliation.

It’s crazy that GSU is now a Minority-Majority Black, PWI, that is thriving. When I went there, it may have still been a slightly white majority.

Trying to explain GSU to people outside of Georgia is a mind ****. Asians, Black Folk, Hispanics. Great basketball program. Burgeoning football program. Sistas. Flavas. Access to downtown. What used to be a reasonable tuition. Weird “campus”. Hella progressive for Georgia and still, no real feel of that old school “college” life :lol:.

Randall was hurt his rookie year. Had he played the whole season, are the still picking 2nd?

if the Lakers took Okafor or KP instead of DLo, are they still picking 2nd the next year?

everything ain’t gonna always play out the same if you swap player A with player B

Yea they would have cause the rest of the roster was terrible. Sixers were actively trying to lose on purpose if anybody would have been able to do it, Heinke would have. I was saying they should have taken BI draft night.

The red flags were there with Fultz as a shooter even in college from scouts. Same thing with reports about Simmons and questioning his motor

I've gotten most of the jobs I ever had thru networking. Sometimes they were people I knew but other times it was just a brief conversation. Hardly ever even needed a resume :lol:. But networking is the generic response when you ask someone the point of Greek life
I've only had two jobs ever but I know getting each of these was an uphill climb that I would not have needed if I was frat. This job I have now I needed to have 33 interviews for. If I was frat that wouldn't have happened.

I've only had two jobs ever but I know getting each of these was an uphill climb that I would not have needed if I was frat. This job I have now I needed to have 33 interviews for. If I was frat that wouldn't have happened.
I remember you mentioning the 33 interviews. No matter how you cut it that’s ridiculous but can you conceptualize that for us? I imagine it wasn’t 33 hours in interview time and that some of them like 5 to 15 minute chats? All in-person? Over several months? It’s just hard to fathom :lol:

It’s crazy that GSU is now a Minority-Majority Black, PWI, that is thriving. When I went there, it may have still been a slightly white majority.

Trying to explain GSU to people outside of Georgia is a mind ****. Asians, Black Folk, Hispanics. Great basketball program. Burgeoning football program. Sistas. Flavas. Access to downtown. What used to be a reasonable tuition. Weird “campus”. Hella progressive for Georgia and still, no real feel of that old school “college” life :lol:.

💯💯💯

My wife actually graduated from Georgia State and a ton of kids I went to high school with went there. Definitely went to a couple parties out there. One of the most unique schools in the country. Like you mentioned, it's incredibly diverse and it's in the middle of Atlanta but it's also literally across the street from Georgia Tech 😆.

I remember you mentioning the 33 interviews. No matter how you cut it that’s ridiculous but can you conceptualize that for us? I imagine it wasn’t 33 hours in interview time and that some of them like 5 to 15 minute chats? All in-person? Over several months? It’s just hard to fathom :lol:

Eye can’t even count to 33

Yea they would have cause the rest of the roster was terrible. Sixers were actively trying to lose on purpose if anybody would have been able to do it, Heinke would have. I was saying they should have taken BI draft night.
Hinkie was out in 2015. Prior to even drafting -name redacted-. Only reason we finished that high was because neither Embiid nor -name redacted- played the entire season. Ingram being there and the team wins more games

Sixers were not gonna draft Ingram in 16 and still be able to get Tatum/Fultz in 17. Not with Embiid playing that szn

Yeah... All of them were at least 30 minutes some of them an hour.

First day I had 15 of them and during the middle of it they send you downstairs to wait in the lobby. If you get a phone call then you come back upstairs to interview some more if not... Go home.

Then over the next three weeks just meeting with people at random when they have time. Only two of them were via video and I wasn't even in NY at the time so I was just catching flights back and forth out my own pocket cause I was afraid to tell them I didn't live in NY cause it may have just removed me from consideration.

Yeah... All of them were at least 30 minutes some of them an hour.

First day I had 15 of them and during the middle of it they send you downstairs to wait in the lobby. If you get a phone call then you come back upstairs to interview some more if not... Go home.

Then over the next three weeks just meeting with people at random when they have time. Only two of them were via video and I wasn't even in NY at the time so I was just catching flights back and forth out my own pocket cause I was afraid to tell them I didn't live in NY cause it may have just removed me from consideration.

Lmao and I thought Amazon was ridiculous

Wonder if anyone has ever joined multiple frats to get even more jobs. Also, do people put their frat on their resume?

I used to "ding" people that did that.

If you're coming right out of school, I can let it slide. If you've been working for 3-5+ years now, I'm dinging you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom