2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circling back to the wallet talk Based Jesus Based Jesus , get you one of these

On the hairline topic, back when I was like 10-14, I used to have this cowlick patch dead center on my tape line, never knew why but it eventually filled in. Hairline still elite

Fyi I've heard rogaine can help resurrect your corners according to YouTube. Only thing is the results aren't permanent so you pretty much have to use it for the rest of your life

We talmbout receding hairlines and coming home with age but anyone rocking that cool grey hair colorway? I have confidence in my hairline but not sure when I’ll turn or how I’ll feel when it happens.

Circling back to the wallet talk Based Jesus Based Jesus , get you one of these

On the hairline topic, back when I was like 10-14, I used to have this cowlick patch dead center on my tape line, never knew why but it eventually filled in. Hairline still elite
$95!?
drake-soulja.gif

For $95 this thing better give blowjobs

We talmbout receding hairlines and coming home with age but anyone rocking that cool grey hair colorway? I have confidence in my hairline but not sure when I’ll turn or how I’ll feel when it happens.
I've gotten 1 or 2 over the years. Nothing noticeable. Except for that time I had a grey in my mustache.

Anyone discuss a Kyrie for Ben swap in here?

Ahhhh, no. We good over here. :lol:

As much as a fan I am of Simmons, I'm an even bigger Kyrie fan. And that trio is way too dynamic to split up right now imo.

Philly is ******. No way out of this unless Doc now comes out and throws some flowers to Ben like Biid did. And THEN everyone massaging his ego behind closed doors. AND THEN Joel literally shushing the crowd if they start to boo Ben and putting his arm around him like "this is my quarterback".

Sucks bc the record with them both is exceptional. Like I said earlier, the minute they get rid of Ben it will begin the downward spiral of The Process.

Last year was much more asterisk than the bubble

They don’t want to hear that, though. It’s kind of why I’m not all-in on the Suns. Not to say they’re not talented but…..

No disrespect to the Bucks either but them and the Suns making it to the Finals and both teams being on the far left of that graph isn’t a coincidence IMO.

There is no way I believe you guys truly think last season was more of an aberration than the season prior. What is the injury cutoff for seasons not counting? Or does it depend on which teams suffer injuries? Because as long as I can remember, teams have had injuries in the postseason.

Miami had like 3 key players injured in the finals :lol:

There is no way I believe you guys truly think last season was more of an aberration than the season prior. What is the injury cutoff for seasons not counting? Or does it depend on which teams suffer injuries? Because as long as I can remember, teams have had injuries in the postseason.

Teams having injuries in the finals is rather common. The entire playoffs up to that juncture in 2020 was some of the healthiest it's ever been and subsequently we got some of the basketball played in a long time. Y'all just need to keep it a buck, only became an asterisk because of WHO ended up winning that season.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Knicks in the ECF, if the basketball gods are good to us. Second round for sure with the upgrades & McBride.

I’m not going to say that is more of an aberration than the season prior but if you look at the league as a whole, last season was not normal and that’s not just the eye or smell test.

Dealing with the coronavirus was the priority for the NBA in 2020-21, but as the end of the season nears, data suggests the league saw a dramatic increase in injuries not related to COVID-19.

Some team health officials said the effects will drive how they manage player health for next season.

The average number of players sidelined per game due to injury, non-COVID-19 illness or rest this season was 5.1 (includes both teams), according to ESPN's Kevin Pelton, the highest since he started tracking it in 2009-10. That does not include games missed by players in the health and safety protocols. The next highest season was 4.8, so 2020-21 was 5% higher.

The increase was even more pronounced when focusing on the league's stars. This season's All-Stars missed 370 of a possible 1,944 games (19%), the highest percentage in a season in NBA history, according to Elias Sports Bureau research. They missed an average of 13.7 regular-season games each this year.

These types of injuries can be tied to fatigue and stress. Fear of an increase in these injuries grew more pronounced when the schedule condensed late in the season as teams made up games postponed due to COVID-19 issues.

There were 2,909 games lost to soft-tissue injuries this regular season, according to certified athletic trainer Jeff Stotts, who maintains the most authoritative public injury-tracking database that covers the NBA. It's the second-highest figure Stotts has recorded since he began tracking in 2005-06. The most was 3,038 in the 2017-18 season, which was played in 82 games vs. the 72-game campaign this year.

"It's brutal in the aggregate," added an NBA general manager.

Teams having injuries in the finals is rather common. The entire playoffs up to that juncture in 2020 was some of the healthiest it's ever been and subsequently we got some of the basketball played in a long time. Y'all just need to keep it a buck, only became an asterisk because of WHO ended up winning that season.

I’m not eem saying it was an asterisk…although we all know you and MLGA would be saying it if the Clippers had won. EYE remember the Lockout Miami championship getting an asterisk from MLGA because LeBron won it.

But what I’m saying is, to give this season an asterisk or say it deserves one more than the previous is comical. What’s crazier; a 6 month pause in a season followed by a tournament in a neutral site, with no fans, where players can’t visit friends and family. Or a season with injuries? One has never happened and will never happen again. Another can easily happen next year.. People get hurt every year. It was just more people this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom