2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t “EXCEED” expectations with a losing finals record. Sorry not sorry

Championships are TEAM accomplishments.

Who here in 2003 thought Lebron James would be a top 3 player in the league in the year 2021? What player in modern history has had this level of dominance for this long?

Like is Bron the “GOAT” because he reached the said expectations and potential everyone laid out?

if anyone should have empathy for dudes, it should be shaq

Kareem obviously is a thin dude but also a freak.. but dude was doing yoga throughout and it’s not hard to see how that helped

imagine if shaq just tries to keep his weight down a bit.. not be in crazy bron like shape.. but committed

look at Duncan dropping weight

ehhh I would not say it’s irrelevant.

Shaq took a finals L early like Bron did. Shaq needed Kobe like Bron needed help too. Everyone needs help. Goat arguments are useless but the gap between Shaq and Bron shouldn’t be as big as some in here are making it to be. That’s all

Whats the negative about 4-6?

I just think its pointless to isolate his finals record when he's won 4 outta 10. If he was 2-8 I would get it. People do that a lot when talking about Mike vs Bron but losing is losing. Mike lost in the 1st rd 3 times, lost to the same team for 3 straight years.

Much easier for guards to have longevity

When bigs age the downhill is much steeper. Lebron withstanding

Im taking Shaq over Duncan as well

normally I’d agree..

but shaq wasn’t a normal big

dude had the crazy athleticism along with the size even when he was gaining a ton of weight

him, wilt, Kareem and david robinson were/are just different

Lebron's hype was insane but he definitely lived up to it
***** came into the league a superstar in an age before social media
His rookie jersey was the best selling of that year ending KOBE'S streak
Hell I even had one. Momma bought me a Bron Cavs jersey that christmas

Yea they were showing bron’s high school games on espn along with the SI cover

all the stuff with the hummer

the Nike commercial before the game

and he became the GOAT.

1631113860509.gif

Longevity obviously goes to Bron. Bron still has a losing record in the finals right? Is peak Bron better than peak Shaq? Cause peak Shaq wasn’t losing playoff games. Peak Shaq doesn’t have a 2011 finals either

I’m all ears
More career points, more finals mvps , more mvps. Longevity.

2004 L as the highly favored team is pretty bad too. Only Kobe gets killed for that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom