2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's early but what is Thybulle's realistic scoring ceiling with even more opportunities? He wasn't even a scorer in his 4 years in college

Hunter for instance aint really a fixture in that offense either but even since his rook year he's proven to be a much better scorer. Hunter is younger too

idk, as good as Thybulle's defense is I'd rather have these other role players who score better and still defend too. Johnson, Hunter, Dort...
Yea you obviously have to defend to win a title but building an elite team defense starts & ends really with your big(s).

From a wing I’d absolutely take a reasonable drop in defensive ability for better scoring.

again. I’m asking if you have seen enough in thybulle to see a 14 ppg scorer even on a bad team. That’s all I’m asking.

namaste
If young Iggy was able to avg 12 basically just being a wingman on the break, Thybulle can avg 14 especially with more possessions

BIG THYBULLE THREAD
hK4lLYT.png

He was a questionable open jump shooter when healthy. After missing 3 yrs he's definitely going to have to prove it.

He's trying to get back into the league. Remember he missed 30 months after signing that 3yr 30 mil deal only to appear in a few games bubble season and had a few 10 days last yr with Brooklyn. He was already a limited role player further limited by his role playing for Brooks/alongside Westbrook.

I hope he can get back to his previous level of defense and just make enough open 3s and hr can stick a few more years. If not, he got his rookie contract and 30M after that.

He was a questionable open jump shooter when healthy. After missing 3 yrs he's definitely going to have to prove it.

He's trying to get back into the league. Remember he missed 30 months after signing that 3yr 30 mil deal only to appear in a few games bubble season and had a few 10 days last yr with Brooklyn. He was already a limited role player further limited by his role playing for Brooks/alongside Westbrook.

I hope he can get back to his previous level of defense and just make enough open 3s and hr can stick a few more years. If not, he got his rookie contract and 30M after that.
Aren't we done with these types of players in 2021... can't just play defense and suck at everything else. Especially when you're terrified to shoot FT's.. he was a liability even years ago imagine now

Again, what about his 4 years at Washington?

For his college career he avg as a whole 7.6 FGA and avg 9.2 points in 4 years

you give him the role dort has in okc shooting 14 times a game you dont think he can avg 10+?

with the sixers hes shooting even less than college again because of his ROLE with the team

his role is going to become much bigger this season so lets see how it plays out

Aren't we done with these types of players in 2021... can't just play defense and suck at everything else. Especially when you're terrified to shoot FT's.. he was a liability even years ago imagine now
Probably so. Is Thabo still in the league? I saw him on ATL and Utah last. Remember for years the Thunder liked to draft/sign this exact same player archetype. Thabo, Andre, Josh (Huestis). Who is the best active version, Danny Green maybe? Andre in his heyday was a far superior defender and could defend more players.

His sister that play volleyball in San Antonio is fine too. Not that that has any bearing on anything.

For his college career he avg as a whole 7.6 FGA and avg 9.2 points in 4 years

you give him the role dort has in okc shooting 14 times a game you dont think he can avg 10+?

with the sixers hes shooting even less than college again because of his ROLE with the team

his role is going to become much bigger this season so lets see how it plays out

Don't you think there might be a reason why his role revolves around not shooting the ball many times?

Don't you think there might be a reason why his role revolves around not shooting the ball many times?

again compare OKC roster to Sixers roster

tell me why we dont need thybulle shooting the past 2 years comapred to OKC needeing dort who is a starter

tell me

Embiid, tobi, green, seth simmons, korky, shake, maxey ALL HAVE A BIGGER ROLE

Thats Why

thybulles 2 steals a game lead to some great points on the other end with fast breaks

At least Maltese didn’t make the extra unnecessary pass in a game 7 down two when right under the rim |l:stoneface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom