2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dude that has little to no improvement since college is elite? Y'all are not taking into account circumstances. It's dudes that miss the allstar team because the conference or position they play is stacked. There are dudes that miss the allstar team that are better than Ben Simmons.

I'm not putting elite reg season or nothing next to your name when you're almost unplayable in certain situations. Again, these flaws show in the reg season, it's just not highlighted as much.
It's the regular season, it's specified lol. Certain situations= Playoffs, yeah we all agree on that

Tbh Utah perimeter defense was fried the past two post seasons. They deserve just as much blame as Rudy

Lowe pod explained it too a few eps back

Jokic put up even better numbers against LAC in the Bubble (similar scoring)

it’s just way more fun to blame Rudy though.

I give him credit, he tries. But even with guys being food on the perimeter, Reggie Jackson was routinely finishing over him. And that was off ISO’s.

doc is saying the sixers hired FT shooting coaches etc.

are they currently helping ben or did he shrug them off as well to just continue working with his own guys lol

this whole thing is a pain in the *** being a fan of this damn team

on one hand i want him long gone and on the other i sorta want him to stay to see the outcome good or bad

its a really big mess currently which i doubt will be fixed
Sixers haven’t had a normal offseason since 2012. At this point keep the chaos coming lol

2012- Bynum
2013- Jrue trade/Nerlens injury
2014- Embiid
2015- Okafor mess
2016- -name redacted- injury, Hinkie leaves
2017- Fultz saga
2018- BurnerGate, Star Hunting
2019- Kawhi shot, Jimmy
2020- swept from the bubble, Horford
2021- this current mess

Ben Simmons for Jordan Clarkson and Bogdanovic. Philly gets the shooting they want, and we get to see Ben and Rudy settle once and for all whos the best defender?

Who says no?

This is the one trade you can point to Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius where Philly goofed. Other than that it's hindsight trying to blame them for not trading Ben before the Harden thing

I'm not tryna blame them because it's not normal to trade a 1st pick that quick but I was just never high on Ben Simmons. I get it, he came into the league the most ready because of his size. Won ROY and made allstar teams but as the years have went by we've watched BI, Tatum, Brown, DMitchell, etc improve and move passed him.

Morey was ready to give Houston whatever they wanted sans-Embiid for Harden. his whole MO has always been to do what it takes to put 2 superstars together and figure it out from there. Rockets wouldn’t do the deal.

Nah Morey and Embiid signed off on it. Told that bum he’s getting traded. Fertitta was being petty all along
I read that report yesterday. Just never know how 100% accurate those are especially with the timing of it being reported. If it was such a unanimous type deal at the time you figure someone would have leaked it

I do tend to side with the idea that Stone knew better. Regardless of Fertitta's intentions one way or the other

Producer for NBC Sports Philly so take it for what it is

LiquidPortlyGemsbok-max-1mb.gif

Houston strung Philly to the point that they told Simmons he was getting traded just to extract more picks out of Brooklyn. :Lol

That was the type of deal that made sense from the jump, hope it happens for both teams. It makes sense
I’d do that easily.

CJ-Maxey-Green(orMaltese)-Tobi-Jo is a really good 5 but it’s also dependent on Embiid being more willing to set picks and not immediately post up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom