2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Pelinka insinuated there are some Lakers that aren't fully vaccinated right now, but they will by Opening Night.

Didn’t the Lakers confirming they’ll all be “deemed” vaccinated get rid of Bron from that anti-vax list or did I miss something? Kyrie article said the league was thinking about asking Bron and Giannis to do ads too.

Rob Pelinka said he "expected" the roster to be fully vaccinated by the opener. Rolling Stone article said the league "could still ask LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo to appear in a PSA, but would never press the faces of its business to go there". As of right now, somebody on that team ain't vaccinated right? I just think it's wild how they conveniently waited until now to find a few guys to make the face of this thing...and the biggest most influential athlete in the world been euro stepping it :lol::smh: I'm not mad at it...but I just want ****** to acknowledge it and how the media be playing chess with certain ******.

You have to agree that ya'll man is hiding behind carefully worded press releases right now and that since that one public comment...he's gone zero dark thirty on the issue. They found Tiki Irving and an Instagram follow and now Kyrie Irving is public enemy number #1...again. Just like during the bubble it was Kyrie P. Newton who was trying to "stop the fun" from happening.

🥱

0DD833CB-CDAE-4997-B5A0-0349160D58BE.jpeg

Rob Pelinka said he "expected" the roster to be fully vaccinated by the opener. Rolling Stone article said the league "could still ask LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo to appear in a PSA, but would never press the faces of its business to go there". As of right now, somebody on that team ain't vaccinated right? I just think it's wild how they conveniently waited until now to find a few guys to make the face of this thing...and the biggest most influential athlete in the world been euro stepping it :lol::smh: I'm not mad at it...but I just want ****** to acknowledge it and how the media be playing chess with certain ******.

You have to agree that ya'll man is hiding behind carefully worded press releases right now and that since that one public comment...he's gone zero dark thirty on the issue. They found Tiki Irving and an Instagram follow and now Kyrie Irving is public enemy number #1...again. Just like during the bubble it was Kyrie P. Newton who was trying to "stop the fun" from happening.

If LeBron really believed in the vaccine and what not, he'd make sure to be the face of the campaign to get the word out for the NBA. Instead they have Jrue doing commercials.

Didn’t the Lakers confirming they’ll all be “deemed” vaccinated get rid of Bron from that anti-vax list or did I miss something? Kyrie article said the league was thinking about asking Bron and Giannis to do ads too.
I’ll believe it when Bron actually shows his card. We know he has more power over Rob

Yea, I don’t necessarily disagree with most of these points and I agreed a few days ago that Bron had skated by earlier in the year on not getting vaxxed. The dude who wrote the Kyrie article is the same dude who wrote the Nets book so that’s the link there. Kyrie is hardly a victim here he’s shameless in putting a name to his half baked conspiracy theories online or on camera, and that’s what led us here. It’ll be curious to see how it plays out but I’d expect for it to be a big story if it’s Bron who is still one of the Lakers vax holdouts for sure. Don’t think that the media will be able to protect that info.

If LeBron really believed in the vaccine and what not, he'd make sure to be the face of the campaign to get the word out for the NBA. Instead they have Jrue doing commercials.

It's not just him either. Not many of them are trying to front line that topic. That RS article said they'd never press their faces to do so and I think that's telling. I don't think MOST of them are doing this to "save lives" or because they "did the research", but because it could potentially effect their bottom line...which is the case in everyday life as well. Someone in here the other day just said they held off until it was a requirement to go back to work. That's a WHOLE topic all on it's own.

I don't know if that's necessarily "wrong"...which is why I can't co-sign what Kareem said about guys being complicit in not speaking out...but i do think it's interesting he said it...for a variety of reasons :lol:

Yep, Pelinka insinuated there are some Lakers that aren't fully vaccinated right now, but they will by Opening Night.

lebron-james-crying.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom