2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1611875728233.gif

Didn’t know QB’s were the sole proprietor of wins and losses in the NFL. The more you know.

I mean, that's what all of you ****s think, otherwise you wouldn't be tryna trade 14 draft picks for these mother****ers. :lol:

The point, to help you out, is that ELITE AF QB, put up a year for the ages, and the team won 4 games. As in, HE NEEDS help. The Jets, ain't that.

You able to grasp that, or need me to draw you a picture?

As I said, I encourage the Jets to trade for him. I wish them luck in that endeavor.

What about the two seasons before last where "Watson" won 11 & 10 games? Before they trade one of the best receivers in football while still having a **** OL & defense?

I am sure the Jets can match those Houston rosters with ease. As his contract reaches 30+ mil a year. I'm excited for it tbh.

If the Colts were the one tryin to land Watson, there's some logic there. They are close. A QB like him might just get them over the hump.

THE JETS? After watchin what he just went thru in Houston? C'mon

The jete have extra draft picks because of trading a safety

so in reality the jets would be trading very little.. plus the jete have a ton of cash

they could offer the 2nd overall pick and what they got from Seattle and If Houston wants darnold throw him in too

so that’s the 2nd overall, 23rd overall, 86th overall and a ‘22 first

The jets could make that offer and the only pick that is actually their‘s would be that 2nd overall

Don’t think it’s as easy to say the jets have all that money though. When that contract of his kicks in it might be rough.

Don’t think it’s as easy to say the jets have all that money though. When that contract of his kicks in it might be rough.

not for the trading team

obj with y’all is a perfect example.. y’all had to eat money in that process which was money Cleveland didn’t have to cover

Isn’t that only at one year though? Then the team that traded is on for the rest?

I mean it depends on the contract structure because you have outs and dates that trigger guarantees

also depends how the team itself wants to deal with the blow cause you can spread it out or designate it as a June 1st deal

im not as familiar with Watson’s contract, but acquiring team could restructure what they get contracts wise anyways to lessen the hit and turn cash into bonuses and all that mess

I agree with both the JETE brigade & CP

I love to see DeShaun on the Jets, however you can't go have on team with the CURRENT offense. Not a weapon in sight. The last offensive Pro Bowl the Jets produced was Nick Mangold 5 years ago. You can't say "oh we have X numbers of dollars in cap & players will come", because it hasn't happened for that franchise. Why would a name like Allen Robinson go to the Jets, as opposed to a team like the Bills or Ravens?

As for the other side, you make that trade 11 times out of 10. Watson immediately is the franchises best QB and as history has shown, most of the picks traded never favor the receiving team. And in the event you DO have a solid offseason and get more experienced players, the Jets are immediately a Wild Card team. The thought that Watson was the reason for the 4-12 is completely false.

Sidenote: The Dolphins want Watson just as bad :lol:

I don’t think he was saying Watson was the reason they were 4-12. Believe he was saying the roster/talent are about equal on both

Without factoring in Watson or what could potentially be traded for him by the jete

I’d rather be in the jete situation in a heart beat

aint hard to think they have a better coach and GM

becton and quinnen both look like they could be special.. and mims could be a very good receiving option.. and they would still have other picks and money to sign people

they can throw money at Allen robinson or Chris Godwin to go with mims

Meanwhile texans are currently over the cap their first 2 picks are going to miami

and a lot of their good guys are very injury prone, like jj watt.. who Is going be 32.. cooks is younger, but injury prone

also got a highly paid RB

MF wants to trade the house to have Watson, yikes.

If it's within reason, yes! However, trading everything for Watson like my mans said, its going to still be a 4-12 team and strap for cash when his big money kicks in.

Thats why even keeping Darnold is stipid because we are going to pay a premium next year.

Screenshot_20210128-220303_Chrome.jpg

LoL

The Jets could enter next year with a pretty good offensive line if they make the right plays. Weapons, yeah it’s slim but the line and QB are more important. They’ll be aight. People keep saying that the Jets “ruined” Darnold, but that man is bad enough to make surrounding elements look worse than they are himself.

The Jets could enter next year with a pretty good offensive line if they make the right plays. Weapons, yeah it’s slim but the line and QB are more important. They’ll be aight. People keep saying that the Jets “ruined” Darnold, but that man is bad enough to make surrounding elements look worse than they are himself.

plus getting a better coaching staff than gase and co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom