2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delusional.
4CC2A24B-5223-41AA-80FA-EB1A40F07511.jpeg

im still trying understand how UGA f’d up having fields..

would think the Aaron murray experience would give them foresight to the jake Fromm experience

would think the Aaron murray experience would give them foresight to the jake Fromm experience

Yeah that was an all time screw up, not being able to make that work.

All the top QB talent that’s come out of the state of Georgia recently and non played at UGA or stayed at UGA in Fields case. They have a type and it’s particularly mediocre

When did Zach Wilson become the consensus number 2?
This just baffles me. It’s like all year the convo was Lawrence and Fields the consensus 1 and 2 QBs then one day we woke up and it was suddenly fields or lance gonna be there at 3 and 4

Nah...Wilson been #2 a long time now. Questions about Fields started in 2019 and it wasn't until his great game in the playoff that jumped him back into the top 10 convo...even further, it took the Niners to trade up to put him back into top 5 discussions. Maybe he was going top 5 all along, but Wilson jumped him a while ago.

I actually take part of that back...the narrative was moreso Fields falling back into the pack with no clear consensus #2...Myself and others had said Wilson, but there were a few ready to put Brock Purdy there had he showed better last season...same with Lance, but only played 1 game...then it was Trask, Mac, etc.

Trey Lance will be available.
I got no beef with lance. Hoping fields is there but if he’s not im cool with Lance. I just want the falcons to be proactive and not wait till it’s too late to find our next franchise QB and take advantage of this chance since we don’t draft top 5 and get a opportunity like this often

I actually take part of that back...the narrative was moreso Fields falling back into the pack with no clear consensus #2...Myself and others had said Wilson, but there were a few ready to put Brock Purdy there had he showed better last season...same with Lance, but only played 1 game...then it was Trask, Mac, etc.
I’ll take your word for it maybe there is more to Zach Wilson than I’m giving him credit for but it just felt like another instance of people over thinking things. Kinda like they doing with Mac Jones to a higher level. Not to compare the two I’d take a chance on Wilson over Jones 10 times outta 10

Them playing Aaron Murray when he was the best QB on the team had nothing to do with the Jake Fromm/Justin Fields situation lol.

Fromm was one of the best QB’s in the SEC by the end of his freshman season and helped lead UGA to the CFB playoff final against Bama. Why would you bench dude coming off of a season like that for a freshman? Lol

I see if from both sides. UGA had gone to the National Championship and almost beat Bama with Fromm as starter. Most coaches would have keep Fromm starter too.

However, when Dabo went from Kelly Bryant to Trevor Lawrence & Saban went from Hurts to Tua, they seemed to work out. But also they kinda have the name & pull (and championships) to do that kinda thing where IMO at the time Kirby didn’t.

Kelly bryant wasn’t very good. Definitely not Clemson level good. Fromm wasn’t the reason why UGA went 11-3 his sophomore year.

Apples to oranges

I see if from both sides. UGA had gone to the National Championship and almost beat Bama with Fromm as starter. Most coaches would have keep Fromm starter too.

However, when Dabo went from Kelly Bryant to Trevor Lawrence & Saban went from Hurts to Tua, they seemed to work out. But also they kinda have the name & pull (and championships) to do that kinda thing where IMO at the time Kirby didn’t.

I mean I get it, but move makes a lot more sense when you remember Kirby smart was a DC

not saying you play fields right away.. but I’m getting him in as many games as possible looking for that upgrade

I mean just looking at their ‘18 schedule, they shoulda had numerous opportunities to get more than 39 attempts

Is Kyle Pitts the best can’t-miss non QB since Aaron Curry???

People say don’t draft a RB in the 1st round but same could be said about TE.

Dustin Keller
Brandon Pettigrew
Jermaine Gresham
Tyler Eifert
Eric Ebron
OJ Howard
Hayden Hurst
TJ Hockensen

Gross.

People say don’t draft a RB in the 1st round but same could be said about TE.

Dustin Keller
Brandon Pettigrew
Jermaine Gresham
Tyler Eifert
Eric Ebron
OJ Howard
Hayden Hurst
TJ Hockensen

Gross.

I'd argue that Fant, vernon davis, Heath Miller, Greg olsen, and Kellen Winslow should be on this list as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom