2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but he is the heavy favorite in vegas right now. DK sports book has him at -5000 odds to be selected at 2.
This just baffles me. It’s like all year the convo was Lawrence and Fields the consensus 1 and 2 QBs then one day we woke up and it was suddenly fields or lance gonna be there at 3 and 4

This just baffles me. It’s like all year the convo was Lawrence and Fields the consensus 1 and 2 QBs then one day we woke up and it was suddenly fields or lance gonna be there at 3 and 4

This happens all the time when it boils down to scouts evaluate QB's. Nobody had Daniel Jones as a 1st round selection during his final year at Duke, but then his workouts with him in t shirts and shorts, facing no defense wow'd the scouts.

This happens all the time when it boils down to scouts evaluate QB's. Nobody had Daniel Jones as a 1st round selection during his final year at Duke, but then his workouts with him in t shirts and shorts, facing no defense wow'd the scouts.

Only the Giants were wow’d by Daniel Jones. He would have been a late 1st - 2nd rd pick if they didn’t take him at 6.

Yeah this is part of what irritates me if the 49ers don't take Fields if he is there. The guys has been the number 2 QB in this class since high school and has only proven with play on the field that he is more than likely the second best QB in the draft, but now out of nowhere there is talks that he will be the 5th QB selected which makes absolutely no sense to me.

I get the Wilson hype though, the arm talent is there and he makes good decisions, but splits versus teams that are good versus borderline DII schools is concerning as hell. But I don't get the Mac stuff. Dude has an average, to slightly below average arm and did it all with maybe the most loaded class of receivers ever over the last two years AND he has off field **** that people appear to be randomly ignoring.

Last edited:
When did Zach Wilson become the consensus number 2?
Why isn't Justin Fields considered a "generational talent"?

1618600020582.jpeg

Yeah this is part of what irritates me if the 49ers don't take Fields if he is there. The guys has been the number 2 QB in this class since high school and has only proven with play on the field that he is more than likely the second best QB in the draft, but now out of nowhere there is talks that he will be the 5th QB selected which makes absolutely no sense to me.

I get the Wilson hype though, the arm talent is there and he makes good decisions, but splits versus teams that are good versus borderline DII schools is concerning as hell. But I don't get the Mac stuff. Dude has an average, to slightly below average arm and did it all with maybe the most loaded class of receivers ever over the last two years AND he has off field **** that people appear to be randomly ignoring.
I put it on Simms.

No one can convince me that Simms isn’t helping Kyle out with the way he’s ranked Fields. I honestly believe they’re in on it together.
Zach is nice. But 6’3 230, 4.4 speed ....

Since they were Sophmores or Juniors in high school Lawrence and Fields have been 1a and 1b.

Justin should be the Jets pick. I still think they’ll take him too.But if they don’t...

I think many people are gonna look back on this draft and kick themselves.

Nothing about what I've seen from Mac Jones says "first round QB" to me. This hype is baffling.

it's been said (i think even Kyle has admitted it) that the Shanahan offense doesn't need a freakishly gifted QB to run it but rather an accurate and quick/smart decision maker with basic mobility. i dunno if that's Mac but it could be why the Niners are drawn to him rather than Fields or Lance at 3

i don't necessarily agree or disagree with that logic or assessment of those QBs, but just pass along thoughts that i've heard from writers

Last edited:
I really want to see Fields with the Falcons weapons and back home in Georgia. I think that’s the best situation for him. I’d be a fan.
I could see the Falcons talking themselves into the Ryan experience and investing in more supporting cast with that pick. At least, that's what the old regime would have done. For their sake I hope the new one is a bit smarter. Seeing what Stafford got (and Ryan is better than Stafford), they missed out on a good market already this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom