2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
spacedoodoo spacedoodoo let me hold a stimulus package to put on the Saints

5BD5CB21-10B5-4A4D-825D-AAC528A593D6.jpeg

I ain’t got it

Tbh I don’t understand why everyone thinks the league is managing this so poorly. Doesn’t everyone agree handling the virus is a nightmare. Unless you think the only way to manage it well is to cancel the season, which isn’t an option any league wants to consider, it was never going to be smooth sailing no matter how well it’s managed. That’s the reality of the virus. the league has made it way further into the season being on schedule without any major absences than I thought it would. Logistically there are so many more moving parts to manage compared to the other leagues as well.

Although, I still don’t understand why they didn’t work in a 2nd bye into everyone’s schedule to begin with.

Last edited:
Tbh I don’t understand why everyone thinks the league is managing this so poorly. Doesn’t everyone agree handling the virus is a nightmare. Unless you think the season should have been cancelled, which isn’t an option any league wants to consider, it was never going to be smooth sailing no matter how well it’s managed. That’s the reality of the virus. the league has made it way further into the season being on schedule without any major absences than I thought it would. Logistically the NFL is way more complicated compared to the other leagues as well.

Although, I still don’t understand why they didn’t work in a 2nd bye into everyone’s schedule to begin with.
Not to say any of this would have been easy but there has been some inconsistencies on how they approached team outbreaks and such

There's also the fact they kinda sat on their hands prior to the season and had a chance to be progressive in their approach to their guidelines but they saw the numbers trending downwards and was like 🤷🏿‍♂️

I get some things have to be done on the fly as expected for everyone on earth rn but your last sentence is an example of answering your first paragraph lol.

NFL likes to hold their nuts over everything but they're scared to approach this virus and their own league with some assertiveness it seems (obviously because some don't take it as serious anyways either and dollars generated are just as important too)

At the end of the day there is no perfect answer to handling this, especially when nobody is on the same page. Federal, state or local gov't but I'm not gonna sit here and pat the league on the back either.

Tbh I don’t understand why everyone thinks the league is managing this so poorly. Doesn’t everyone agree handling the virus is a nightmare. Unless you think the only way to manage it well is to cancel the season, which isn’t an option any league wants to consider, it was never going to be smooth sailing no matter how well it’s managed. That’s the reality of the virus. the league has made it way further into the season being on schedule without any major absences than I thought it would. Logistically there are so many more moving parts to manage compared to the other leagues as well.

out of all the major leagues. They handled it the worst tho

Not to say any of this would have been easy but there has been some inconsistencies on how they approached team outbreaks and such

There's also the fact they kinda sat on their hands prior to the season and had a chance to be progressive in their approach to their guidelines but they saw the numbers trending downwards and was like 🤷🏿‍♂️

I get some things have to be done on the fly as expected for everyone on earth rn but your last sentence is an example of answering your first paragraph lol.

NFL likes to hold their nuts over everything but they're scared to approach this virus and their own league with some assertiveness it seems (obviously because some don't take it as serious anyways either and dollars generated are just as important too)

At the end of the day there is no perfect answer to handling this, especially when nobody is on the same page. Federal, state or local gov't but I'm not gonna sit here and pat the league on the back either.

All fair points. Not to say there isn’t stuff I don’t think they could have done better. But the season has exceeded my expectations enough that idk if I wanna say they’ve done it poorly.

they had all the time to prepare. had the other 3 major leagues (nba, nhl, and mlb) go first too. even had international sports like soccer and tennis. still had no real plan :lol:

i will say that they've exceeded my low expectations though, whatever that's worth. but that's kinda in regards to every sports league.

in the end though, they'll get it done. some will just see it as success and some won't

out of all the major leagues. They handled it the worst tho

NBA and NHL were headed into the playoffs which allowed a bubble. It’s not sustainable for a full a league for a full season. And they have a a fraction of the amount of people to handle. NBA is headed right back into the arenas nationwide.

Baseball is pretty much a sport of social distancing. They also wore masks while playing and still had outbreaks Lol.

Also none of those 3 leagues ever felt close to normal and pretty much everyone’s level of interest was impacted.

Football Sunday has pretty much felt like any other Football Sunday to me so far.

supposedly government people were telling NFL folks that things would be dealt with by summer.. and I have zero clue why anyone would have been listening to those clowns given what everyone should know by now about them

i don’t think there was a perfect answer.. but they clearly could have done more

an outright bubble isn’t realistic with the numbers their dealing with.. but they could have done more with the tracking bracelets and creating mini bubbles by teams or even going regional

could have followed the NBA with cutting down teams after a certain point say weeks 12 or 14 and changing up playoff structure

but dudes even now seem to want to depend on a crew lead by a dude they didn’t even think enough of to let be one of the owners of the bills

Last edited:
supposedly government people were telling NFL folks that things would be dealt with by summer.. and I have zero clue why anyone would have been listening to those clowns given what everyone should know by now about them

MAGA gon’ MAGA. I’m sure trump was trying to keep this one in his pocket, like when he claimed to have brought back college football or whatever he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom