2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the game was scheduled for Thursday I’m sure thats why they had the option to push it back and still remain within the current week schedule

Broncos can go ahead and file grievances on themselves
Makes sense.
Still in for the drama though

This reminds me of something: I've always wanted to see a list of every team's emergency quarterback. As in, if the starter and backups all got injured in a game, and they needed someone to finish it. Who is that guy for each team, and which team would be the most entertaining if it came down to that.

oracle park an option?
Probably. No fans, so it really doesn’t matter where they play. I’m sure the city of SF (or Oakland) and county officials would need to clear any kind of game.

Oakland 49ers would be hilarious and a nice final slap in the face to the Raiders tho, even for one game :lol:

oracle park an option?
Yea they had football games there but don’t know their schedule or how much it takes for them to turn it around for football...Think since it’s short notice they would want a field that’s ready now like Oakland or a college

Broncos only had one positive but all the QBs were around him so they’re all on the list. Can’t cancel a game cause of 3-4 players. Now if tomorrow there’s another 3-4 positive tests, they might push it back.

Saints had a positive test

Time to put that week 18 contingency into place. Get through this weekend as best as possible and discuss a bye week for everyone next week, perhaps 2.

legit being discussed right now. Its almost panic time. But in my opinion, a 1-2 week bye for everyone right now would be great.

Time to put that week 18 contingency into place. Get through this weekend as best as possible and discuss a bye week for everyone next week, perhaps 2.

legit being discussed right now. Its almost panic time. But in my opinion, a 1-2 week bye for everyone right now would be great.
I’m more in favor of a 2 week break for all 32 teams than a week 18. Is there any reason the season needs to end on a certain date or playoffs need to start? Anything contractual with the networks?

I’m more in favor of a 2 week break for all 32 teams than a week 18. Is there any reason the season needs to end on a certain date or playoffs need to start? Anything contractual with the networks?
no, it does not need to end on a certain date. The week 18 idea was proposed because the league thought perhaps only needing to make up 1 game at some point this season. The league prefers this option, but in my opinion, that was a best case scenario. The 2 week pause would mean all hell has broken loose. We're almost there, to be honest.

The league has already reserved hotel rooms for every Sunday in Feb as well as the first 2 weeks of March. So there are things in place to pause and push things back a couple of weeks if needed. I think teams prefer not to sit out for 2 weeks because that also means they can't practice and can only do zoom meetings.

They just want to get 17 weeks in for the regular season because of TV deals. The playoffs will be more manageable for the league for obvious reasons, such as less teams and the ability to do a "bubble."

thats not actually how it worked but I understand the broncos fans being frustrated. Looks like preferential treatment but its not.

Was it just a result of the ravens game was scheduled for Thursday so they had options?
100%.

Look, the league doesn't want to cancel any games. A) it would need to be made up, and B) if it wasn't made up, the players on both sides dont get paid. So this is what we have to work with and its what the players agreed to.

I get the optics look bad but thats not what's happening here. The league cares more about getting games played then giving Denver an unfair disadvantage. The thought of having no QB's was discussed as well. I dont think they thought the practice squad players would come into play and be part of the reason why the Broncos have none for tomorrow. They could have signed 8 to the practice squad and we'd still be here. Throw in the fact that football isn't a sport you can just come in and play like hoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom