2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are darnold’s strengths?
tenor.gif

what are the jets strengths?

So how could they have corrected the situation to be able to play to Darnold’s strengths?

We saw with Lamar and Cam it was running more. But how do these teams placate to a immobile quarterback who gets happy feet and turns the ball over? Draft a 1,000 receivers? Draft linemen like they did this year? Make the cardinal sin of using draft capital on a running back? What offensive wunderkinds were out there for them to bring in? Even if they fire gase, who are they going to bring in to maximize that team?

Here is the head coaching hires from that year:

kitchens
Arians
LaFleur
Flores
Fangio
Gase
Zac Taylor
Kingsbury

other than Arians who only came back only to coach Tampa there really wasn’t any great options. Not saying those coaches aren’t better than Gase, just saying none of them are making Darnold less Darnold.

Last edited:
That's disgusting by the Jets owner. I usually feel like you should keep a coach and give him time but sometimes all the signs are there and he's just that bad. Gase should have been fired 2-3 games into last season. This season is already off to a disaster, I don't give a **** about the Jets but I'm ****in annoyed by this. ****in disgraceful.

I don't like Darnold, I don't know if he has it or not BUT when you have that bad of a HC and the lack of weapons, you really don't have a chance.

With how y'all talking about the Jets, if the Niners don't put a 40 burger on them we are lost.

With how y'all talking about the Jets, if the Niners don't put a 40 burger on them we are lost.

yall going be fine once yall get people back.. jets looking like they need a new owner, coach and half a team at least

USC producing good QB’s is another one of those Pro football myths that’s constantly pushed and believed by many but has little basis in fact.

It really is crazy how so many people have called Gase an offensive genius, but when it's time for application it never happens.

He must be amazing on a white board. Because his coaching and people skills are beyond terrible.

i think Darnold actually has the potential to be decent. now Gase.... that man aint no head coach. ill give him the jason Garret treatment. might be a good OC but not head coach

Gase received way too much credit for Peyton's career year in Denver. From that point into the next season he was touted as a hot commodity. Because it was Peyton -- who always controlled the offense on his own -- I'm not sure how professional GMs can't figure it out or at least see how he is at OC a few years without Peyton. 1 year in Chicago and a pedestrian season by Cutler shouldn't have been enough, in my opinion.

for QBs?

who is the 2nd best USC QB in last 40 years after carson palmer?

Cassel

Gase received way too much credit for Peyton's career year in Denver. From that point into the next season he was touted as a hot commodity. Because it was Peyton -- who always controlled the offense on his own -- I'm not sure how professional GMs can't figure it out or at least see how he is at OC a few years without Peyton. 1 year in Chicago and a pedestrian season by Cutler shouldn't have been enough, in my opinion.

Cassel

It’s weird. His teams have always looked garbage offensively even when he had cutler, Marshall, alshon. Owes his entire career to Peyton.

I don’t think it gets discussed enough his Cassel was at SC for 4 years never started a damn game and STILL got drafted.

Yeah, he was behind Palmer & Leinart, but still; if that’s not an example of “USC QB prestige”, I don’t know what is

I don’t think it gets discussed enough his Cassel was at SC for 4 years never started a damn game and STILL got drafted.

Yeah, he was behind Palmer & Leinart, but still; if that’s not an example of “USC QB prestige”, I don’t know what is

Sounds about yt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom