2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's Groundhog Day in here again.

Darnold sucked Week 1. No doubt about it. He isn't getting benched though because Adam Gase sucks more, every week.
As long as Gase is here, Darnold is being set up to fail. It's really that simple.

Sam is still making some bonehead mistakes. It's a combo of his own accountability and coaching though.

Darnold had an INT problem in college. Even if he had Andy Reid as head coach, he’d still have his work cut out for him trying to fix it. Insert incompetent Adam Gase into the equation and you get what looks like another bust at QB.

Gase being the HC has no effect on Darnold throwing inaccurate passes.

Coaching is apart of it. His footwork - not his strong suit even in college - has regressed from what Jeremy Bates was able to do for him.
We don't have a real QB Coach on staff either.

It's a ******* joke how badly the team is failing Sam. Again so I don't get called out, Sam sucked last week. My rationale is it's just too hard to give up on a 23 year old when his surroundings have not been favorable in the slightest.

well he was getting punished over and over just because of poor oline play and the talent Washington has.. but yea I agree it’s on film so guys scout for it, so either they’ll go low expecting it or they’ll collapse on him and/or both.. and obviously shh can end very very very badly with dudes that big and strong

dude needs to just eat the sack and go down.. or if the play is clearly a mess chuck it.. i wish he was as smart as russ when it came to taking risks and avoiding shh.. or if you got longer plays move your a@)@) out the pocket like mahomes or Rodgers

i always look at Steve young and his Tampa days.. you wanna see glimpses that the guy can play but at the same time gotta be realistic with what he’s out there with

like saquon is obviously good, but only so much you can do when guys are in the backfield before you even get the ball
Yeah it wasn’t Wentz’ fault he was getting sacked (most of the time), but he’s taking them in the worst possible way.

On young QBs: we also gotta recognize it’s not the 80s anymore. Good QBs show it now earlier than ever. It doesn’t take 3 years to learn how to play in the nfl anymore.

Looks like it's Groundhog Day in here again.

Darnold sucked Week 1. No doubt about it. He isn't getting benched though because Adam Gase sucks more, every week.
As long as Gase is here, Darnold is being set up to fail. It's really that simple.

Sam is still making some bonehead mistakes. It's a combo of his own accountability and coaching though.

Oh it's certainly a combo of both. Gase an offensive mastermind who has never had a top 20 offense without Manning and Darnold who was an extremely flawed recruit in college who threw tons of interceptions and had lots of red flags. Gase can be a ****** coach and Sam Darnold can not be the heir apparent at the same time.

Statistically speaking if he hasn't broken out by now he never will.

Oh it's certainly a combo of both. Gase an offensive mastermind who has never had a top 20 offense without Manning and Darnold who was an extremely flawed recruit in college who threw tons of interceptions and had lots of red flags. Gase can be a ****ty coach and Sam Darnold can not be the heir apparent at the same time.

Statistically speaking if he hasn't broken out by now he never will.

Bold for emphasis. I think that's fair and true. However, I would remove/rule out Gase quicker than I would Sam. That seems like the correct approach here.

Jets land 1st overall somehow and we're having a MUCH different discussion in the winter though. That's just inevitable.

Bold for emphasis. I think that's fair and true. However, I would remove/rule out Gase quicker than I would Sam. That seems like the correct approach here.

Jets land 1st overall somehow and we're having a MUCH different discussion in the winter though. That's just inevitable.

Yeah if yall get the number 1 then Darnold is getting Rosened without hesitation

Yeah it wasn’t Wentz’ fault he was getting sacked (most of the time), but he’s taking them in the worst possible way.

I agree, someone needs to get through to dude that he just has to protect himself and/or kill a play instead of trying make something of every play.. just being smarter

He has the exact same problems he had at usc though

And you know how you can attempt to fix that at the pro level? COACHING.

You have Dowell Loggains who is listed as our OC AND QB Coach. It's a ******* joke. The guy literally does NOTHING.

was he well coached there?

Genuinely curious, but has there been a quarterback that made awful decisions in college/pros that was able to out grow it due to coaching? It seems like the dudes who had issues with turnovers continued to have those same issues in the pros regardless of the coach. Like how do you coach that out? “Hey we would greatly appreciate you making less ****** decisions. Thanks!”

Like the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Winston, Darnold, Mccoy, Josh Allen, Glennon, Barkley.

The only one I can really think of right now is Watson and he sure as **** didn’t turn it around because of BOB

Last edited:
to contrast 2 QBs from the very same draft,

lamar came in with issues, got drafted to a well run organization with a quality coach.. and they have drafted well as well as making smart moves..theyve also made changes to the coaching staff to accentuate the strengths of their QB, moving on from mornhinwing to greg roman as OC being the most obvious

darnold also had his issues, got drafted to a team we knew was poorly run and they hired a coach who seemingly everyone else but them knew was bad

do i expect darnold to be lamar, no.. however, situations kinda matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom