2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say this is legit, what do the Nets do with White? They still have Seth, Patty, maybe Ben, and maybe Kyrie. Which just typing that is crazy, the Nets have just about a solid of a squad as any contender, and even the champions, that’s why I still can’t wrap my mind around why this isn’t working
They’re wild for including Smart too. Celtics would be shot at point guard if they traded him. Brogdon is good but way too injury prone to be relied on as a starter and Payton Pritchard at backup is meh.

Tatum dropping a massive egg in the finals and being exempt from the trade talk would have me heated if I was Brown :lol:

I know it's KD but still, he was their best player in the Finals by some margin
As a player do you think Brown has a higher ceiling than Tatum?

Tatum dropping a massive egg in the finals and being exempt from the trade talk would have me heated if I was Brown :lol:

I know it's KD but still, he was their best player in the Finals by some margin
Tatum is just more popular amongst fans so that comes into play when talking about trades.

Say this is legit, what do the Nets do with White? They still have Seth, Patty, maybe Ben, and maybe Kyrie. Which just typing that is crazy, the Nets have just about a solid of a squad as any contender, and even the champions, that’s why I still can’t wrap my mind around why this isn’t working

They don't :lol:

A ton of small guards who don't defend and their best big is Nic Claxton.

KD's trying to get out of there to avoid another embarrassing playoff exit because it's surely on the docket as currently constructed. Ben Simmons ain't about to save the day.

295916620_6092409107454229_3708775782379249107_n.jpg

JB contract is up in like 2 years though. Why would they have to trade him? And if they decide to, they'd get something back.
This is true but why even get involved with kd when the asking price is so high and he didn’t want to sign there before.

This is true but why even get involved with kd when the asking price is so high and he didn’t want to sign there before.
Boston was in the running for him when he was a free agent leaving OKC. He just decided to go to GSW where they’d be a perfect team and have no chance of losing barring injury.

This is similar to the Kawhi raptors trade. The Toronto fans loved DeRozan but it’s Kawhi so you do that trade 10/10 times. Boston fans love Jaylen but when you have the chance to get KD you have to take it

Boston was in the running for him when he was a free agent leaving OKC. He just decided to go to GSW where they’d be a perfect team and have no chance of losing barring injury.

Wait....are you saying the 2017 and 2018 championships were unimpressive?

200 (3).gif

I would want JB, Smart and Grant + hella picks as a minimum if I was in Brooklyn

Thin is the closer it gets to training camp Brooklyn might be having a hard time stomaching the thought of KD coming back and more apt to take a the best deal on the table.

We'll see I guess.

I would want JB, Smart and Grant + hella picks as a minimum if I was in Brooklyn

I have two big takeaways from the entire Kevin Durant trade saga:

1. Any team that isn't on Durant's prefer trade list is (and should be) reluctant to give up major assets to get him. What's to stop him from requesting another trade next offseason?

2. Maybe a 34-year-old Kevin Durant, who's played 40% of his games since Achilles injury isn't worth newly as much as Brooklyn thinks he's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom