2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB smart and 2 firsts should be good for both sides.

Would hurt to lose Smart. But you got Brogdan and White already. But at same time I’m not attached to the Celtics so it’s easy for me to say.

Celtics:
Brodgan
White
Tatum
Kd
Williams

BKN:
Smart
Oneal
Brown
Simmons
Claxton
+Sixers, and lakers, Celtics picks. Not a bad way to pivot from the last two years of bad decisions.

Would also be hilarious to see kyrie stay

Kyrie
Smart
Brown
Simmons
Claxton
+Sixers and Bos picks

I have two big takeaways from the entire Kevin Durant trade saga:

1. Any team that isn't on Durant's prefer trade list is (and should be) reluctant to give up major assets to get him. What's to stop him from requesting another trade next offseason?

2. Maybe a 34-year-old Kevin Durant, who's played 40% of his games since Achilles injury isn't worth newly as much as Brooklyn thinks he's worth.
Media seems to never discuss this when they keep brining up: he will command 9 picks and 3 all stars!!

Media seems to never discuss this when they keep brining up: he will command 9 picks and 3 all stars!!

I think the Rudy Gobert trade really messed up the trade market and it put Brooklyn in a position where if they command anything less than what Utah got for Rudy, they will look foolish. People were already expecting a mammoth haul for Durant and on the heels of the Gobert the expectations went even higher.

A good analogy for a Kevin Durant trade is the Lakers trading Shaq in 2004. You can make the argument that Shaquille O'Neal in 2004 was a better trade asset than Kevin Durant is now.

The Lakers asked for the world (they even initially asked for Dwyane Wade from Miami) but ended up getting Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and one first round pick.

Brooklyn isn’t really incentivized to take a picks-based package like Utah did. What they got for Goober shouldn’t be relevant.

Unless New Orleans puts Ingram on the table and you like him more, I’m not sure who Brooklyn is getting that is going to be better than JB.

congrats on the new monies WASHED KING WASHED KING , blaze pizza and lobos on you
Diddy Dance! by Entertainment GIFs | GIPHY

LMAO I’m putting it towards KLUTCH apparel

I completely understand the move for the Celtics, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger.
They kind of have no choice now though cause JB is most likely walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom