2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garnett and Pierce were actually traded to a formidable team then **** just went to south in BK

Allen wasn’t traded

Perk lmaoo

Pierce-Garnett gave their blessing on that one.

Ray Allen was a free agent.

Perk :lol: That was just a dumb trade.
Don't get me wrong, I would've done those respective trades too but they weren't looked upon favorably from the player side is all.

Boston has been too content to just be around the mix instead of going all in to win a chip. This trade would actually be a shift for them in terms of philosophy.

all jokes aside, i think lakers will be in the discussion if healthy.
lebron had a damn good year and it looks likes AD been putting offseason work

Nets hired lobbyist to push NYC mayor to change vaccine rules to exempt Kyrie Irving​

HoopsHype
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 3:10 AM
03a95f4fc6eeae491a630e925e4140ef

It’s clear the mandate change and Irving’s stance put an end to those title hopes. Sitting second in the East on Jan. 15, the Nets dropped 16 of 21 after Durant suffered a left knee injury. They fell to eighth by the time he returned six weeks later — and Tsai took action. On Feb. 6, Irving said, “Anything can happen these next few days, the next week. Just crossing my fingers that something can come up either before All-Star break or even just after.” Two days later — with the Nets on an eight-game losing skid — they hired ex-New York City Council Speaker Corey Johnson to lobby new Mayor Eric Adams about changing the mandate so Irving could play at home.
Source: Josh Kosman, Brian Lewis @ New York Post

Makes too much sense for both teams and KD.

Boston gets the best chance to win a chip .
KD on the best basketball situation. He can have his iso’s too and not have the defend the best player.

Nets are going to get the best player they can land in brown. Hey be competitive with medium sized contracts they can move around for flexibilty plus picks

Watch, these "reports" probably aren't even real.

Twitter just has folks believing everything if it's a blue check.
I find it very odd that we had no news all weekend but now Monday morning when the new cycle starts we start getting reports. Very convenient

Makes too much sense for both teams and KD.

Boston gets the best chance to win a chip .
KD on the best basketball situation. He can have his iso’s too and not have the defend the best player.

Nets are going to get the best player they can land in brown. Hey be competitive with medium sized contracts they can move around for flexibilty plus picks
Especially when you consider Brown is leaving in 2 years anyways (likely given the signs) and his value next summer will be lower bc he will be in that “one year left, trade me now knowing I’m likely leaving” window.

Plus he doesn’t make a ton of money now so next year trading him alone won’t net you a player as good as KD.

all jokes aside, i think lakers will be in the discussion if healthy.
lebron had a damn good year and it looks likes AD been putting offseason work

as is, the team is a best case 5/6 seed
a healthy bron and AD can contend with anyone in the playoffs

Especially when you consider Brown is leaving in 2 years anyways (likely given the signs) and his value next summer will be lower bc he will be in that “one year left, trade me now knowing I’m likely leaving” window.

Plus he doesn’t make a ton of money now so next year trading him alone won’t net you a player as good as KD.
Brown wont be leaving if they offer him the super max .

Its more of that they probably arent comfy giving him that .

Don't get me wrong, I would've done those respective trades too but they weren't looked upon favorably from the player side is all.

Nobody is saying the Celtics were wrong for trying to improve their team. It’s just the perception is that they don’t care about their players and they will trade them in a second to improve their team.

Sometimes perception = reality.

That's the NBA or any type of sports franchise in the world. It's a business.

Maybe but relationship always matter. Maybe the player(s) are smart enough to realize it’s a business. Maybe they hold a grudge that goes into free agency. Who knows.

Im of the belief that a franchise like the Celtics shouldn't be geeked to ***** out for a "star". They're the most all time winningest franchise. Not the Raptors. You have a championship caliber team in place already with 2 drafted stars at 24 and 25 years of age and more than enough help around them. They've gotten better around the margins w/ Brogdon and Gallo. Run it back. It'll feel much sweeter if that team breaks through.

EYE wouldn't blow that up for 34 year old post-achilles KD.

Nobody is saying the Celtics were wrong for trying to improve their team. It’s just the perception is that they don’t care about their players and they will trade them in a second to improve their team.

Sometimes perception = reality.

Lakers are doing that right now with Russ, did it with all their prospects a few years ago
Jazz with Mitchell and Goober
Blazers just traded CJ
Nets might be in a situation where they trade Harden, KD and Kyrie in lik a 8 month span
Toronto trade Demar
Hawks have dangled Collins

Literally can go on and on :lol:

It's the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom